What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday we played a waterlogged course, I had 4 hours sleep before playing, drove there, and tee'd off at midday.
Finished at 4:30 pm and started drinking with the group of guys I was with (25 of us).................bed at 1:30 am. Room mate snored so loud, room was hot, bed solid = no sleep at all!
Got up, had breakfast, found out course was closed!
Drove to another course, trying to keep eyes open on the road!
Rain was lashing down, but who cares, I was swinging a club again in anger!

Played so solid, had been told the day before to have confidence in my driver and to use it whenever I could. Was averaging 240 yards, dead straight with it today so am thrilled. There was no run and weather meant flight was restricted too so you have to take that!

Greens were waterlogged, putting was a farce. Managed 6 3 putts (only had 1 3 putt in last 5 rounds). On one hole the water wasnt quite there as I thought, so I putted off the green (going for birdie!), but holed the shot from off the green (is that a 1 putt??)!

Somehow, even in those conditions, I managed 32 points playing off 16 (normally play off 18 with this group but my golfshake handicap has plumetted over the last 3 months so I played off that handicap).

I have to work the short game, I only missed two fairways, but from 50 yards out I dropped at least 10 shots, and when I say that I mean that at least 6 times I was around the green in regulation and lost shots, sometimes more than one. I had one hole where i was 10 yards off the green in 2 (par 4).....I picked up before I reached the green!

Played this weekend and shot 86 on Saturday and 79 on Sunday.... Man feels great after months and months to finally head the right direction.....

40/41=81 at Lake Jonesco. Hit 85.7% FWs, 61.1% GIRs but used a total of 37 putts. Only 1 one putt for the day the rest were 2 putts with 2 three putts. I just cannot get them to fall right now. It was a beautiful day and I was in shorts, so spring is right around the corner for us here.

40/41=81 at Lake Jonesco. Hit 85.7% FWs, 61.1% GIRs but used a total of 37 putts. Only 1 one putt for the day the rest were 2 putts with 2 three putts. I just cannot get them to fall right now. It was a beautiful day and I was in shorts, so spring is right around the corner for us here.
solid round!. If those putts were falling it could have been real nice.

nice round man!

Charlotte National GC. 6751 yds 71.9/129. Sunny but soaked and constant 10-15mph wind.

39/42 for an 81
10/14 fw
6 gir
31 putts

I'll take it considering it was the first time out for most of my bag. New driver, irons, and wedges. Loving the X Hot driver, 10/12 fairways with it, but more about it in that thread. Irons are longer and dialing in the new-found distance led to less gir than I would like. Misses never strayed too far off the dance floor, but I seemed to be playing from above the hole all day.

Putting and short game were mediocre, as I should've scored in the upper 70s. A few loose chips and putts cost me a few. Double/double/bogey finish left me with a bad taste. Only solace in that is those are three of the toughest finishing holes around and played into the wind on top of that.

Nice round Jlit26! Getting the year off to a very solid start.

Thanks cookie! I'm pumped about the new set-up for sure. Now for some dry ground and practice time.

Had a solid "get out of the office" round with Rusty this afternoon at Bear's Best in Atlanta. Shot 83 (43-40) and left a ton of shots out on the course. Putting was very much off today, and my short game was generally lacking. The wind was also gusting and swirling the entire day, causing a lot of miss-clubbed shots.

But, with all of that said, I was really pleased with the way I struck the ball today. I hit a lot of fairways (12/14), but (as I said above) just missed a lot of greens because I was misjudging the wind. The short game then just did not work for me.

For early in the season, I'm happy with this round. If I can keep the ball striking this solid and get my short game in line, I'll be back in the 70s in no time -- plenty of time to conquer Ohio.

Good work ATL. Sounds like it was a good round in general. How's Bear's Best looking? Did you get a fair price out there?

Buffalo Run - Gold Tees - 7016 yards - 72.9 Course - 128 Slope

Shot 50/42 for a 92 Saturday. My best score yet. I broke 100 for the first time a handful of rounds back and have been practicing a lot (for me, anyway) all winter. Hoping to break 90 soon. Hit 2 of 7 fairways out but put it together for 6 of 7 coming in. Only 3 putted once,which is good for me but my short game was a disaster, particularly on the front 9. I need to spend more time on my short game!

I so need to get up there and play that course. Great job and can tell you will get there! Some solid rounds all around lately fellas for sure.

Shot a 32 for +1 on a little fun Exec 9 today. Was a great escape today and great timing for a 59.2/102 little niner.

Was 1 under up until the 9th hole where I left the face open and took a penalty stroke oob on a stupid par three...ended up with a double bogey. The SeeMore was rolling sweet today and had more 1 putts than I've ever had and no 3 putts!

Birdies-2 / Pars-5 / Bogies-1 / DBogies-1
FW's 2/3
GIR 4
Putts 14

Thanks for the get-a-way today golf!

Good work ATL. Sounds like it was a good round in general. How's Bear's Best looking? Did you get a fair price out there?

Factoring in the winds, I was really pleased tee to green, especially off of the tee. I worked on a couple things since we played Echelon, and they are starting to click.

Had an internet price round at $40, which I think is very fair for Bear's Best. The course had been punched within the last couple weeks, and there was still some sand on the greens, but they were receptive and generally smooth. I think the sand was keeping the ball from breaking a bit, because all day I was seeing break that was not there.

Funny thing about the price. I was having trouble booking the time online, so I called the course. They told me that their server was down because of the storm yesterday, but they could not honor the Internet price over the phone. Instead of $40, they wanted $75 -- which was just ridiculous.

At any rate, I was finally able to book the round online. I still can't believe they wouldn't honor the Internet price over the phone, but it is what it is.

Factoring in the winds, I was really pleased tee to green, especially off of the tee. I worked on a couple things since we played Echelon, and they are starting to click.

Had an internet price round at $40, which I think is very fair for Bear's Best. The course had been punched within the last couple weeks, and there was still some sand on the greens, but they were receptive and generally smooth. I think the sand was keeping the ball from breaking a bit, because all day I was seeing break that was not there.

Funny thing about the price. I was having trouble booking the time online, so I called the course. They told me that their server was down because of the storm yesterday, but they could not honor the Internet price over the phone. Instead of $40, they wanted $75 -- which was just ridiculous.

At any rate, I was finally able to book the round online. I still can't believe they wouldn't honor the Internet price over the phone, but it is what it is.

Wow. I know. I saw Bear's Best and I was slightly confused b/c normally Bear's Best green fee is like $70, which is nuts. Glad you guys got a good deal. Sounds like alot of fun.

I still can't believe they wouldn't honor the Internet price over the phone, but it is what it is.

I have to agree with you on ^^^^, just don't understand it. I've had some people honor it before, but most of them just don't care. I've actually been right in front of them and they said no...went on line via mobile and reserved through a web site and waited 5 minutes before asking them to check again. Just crazy imo.

I have to agree with you on ^^^^, just don't understand it. I've had some people honor it before, but most of them just don't care. I've actually been right in front of them and they said no...went on line via mobile and reserved through a web site and waited 5 minutes before asking them to check again. Just crazy imo.

It wouldn't have been that big of a deal if it was a $5 or $10 difference. But it was nearly double the price. I was just about to tell Rusty that we weren't playing until I could get the site to work on my cell phone.

Played my home course this afternoon. Summergrove golf course / black tees / 73.5/133 / 6998 yds

Shot 79 in 2 hours and 15 mins

11/14 fairways
8/18 greens
30 putts
3 birdies
6 pars
8 bogeys
1 double

Not bad but could have been much better. To many missed greens.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

46-41 with a missed eagle putt on 18 at Torrey Pines South. Picked a bad time to start working on my swing, but I was too busy enjoying a great course to be concerned with my score.

50/47 for a total of 97. My lowest score yet and only the second time I've broken 100 (first time was on New Year).

50/47 for a total of 97. My lowest score yet and only the second time I've broken 100 (first time was on New Year).

Congrats on the personal best

Very nice dude, congrats!

Way to go!

Thanks. I credit that low score to having a lot more GIR than I usually have in a round. It's just so much better knowing that even if I 3 putt, the worst score I could get was a bogey.

42/44=86, back to the same ole, same ole. I did hit 64.8% FWs and that was pretty much the good part of the day. Everything else is really in bad need of improvement.

Congrats on the new PB gcruz, nice going.

12 over through 5, this is going great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back