The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm probably going to head out there this weekend to hit the Covert.

I might shoot you a text dude. I'm so intrigued by the Covert. And the Amp Cell. Need one of the two this year.

I need to get on the practice grind in the next week and a half so I don't completely suck.

80 degrees here, but windy got to love Florida. Harbor town? Destin hit me up if you need someone to make your game look better.

I need to spend more time with specific shafts on an open range, but it's snowing in Ohio.

You suck Ohio. You no longer reserve the right to be capitalized. Take it ohio. Take it.

I need to spend more time with specific shafts on an open range, but it's snowing in Ohio.

You suck Ohio. You no longer reserve the right to be capitalized. Take it ohio. Take it.

I could've told you that.

:alien:

9:20 Tee time at the (likely)best course in the state. Private club: Spring Creek Ranch. I had to send an email canceling my tee time. It will be 22* windchill & 20mph winds. My lungs & my friends can't take it!

I might shoot you a text dude. I'm so intrigued by the Covert. And the Amp Cell. Need one of the two this year.

I need to get on the practice grind in the next week and a half so I don't completely suck.

Feel free buddy. I'll be around!

Also, what did I say? 2 inches.

I hope this doesn't come back to haunt me.

I honestly think we might be done with this awful March up here. The snow is just about gone (once again) and doesn't look like it wants to come back.

I honestly think we might be done with this awful March up here. The snow is just about gone (once again) and doesn't look like it wants to come back.

kiss of death lol

but I hope u are right

I am hoping you are right! This is getting depressing!

Im pretty ridiculous about my credit. I check my reports frequently, I am careful about everything we do and work hard to make sure we are maximizing our potential with our scores. A couple of weeks ago I noticed something on there that was driving me insane. It said "collections/charge off for $33 from 2007". Now I had no idea what it could have been, but also know that it was scheduled to come off in 1/24. So my question was do I call and start the inquiry over again (which could show on the report and make it last longer) or sit with it and have it bring my score down (almost 80 points) until it came off in 8 months or so.

The fact that it hadnt appeared on there until recently made me think error, but you never know and because it just said "Collections office" I had no way of knowing what it was. I gave in and called on Friday and the lady (who was very nice) said "Oh Mr. Babbitt, this is a mistake. Not sure why it is here, it must have slipped through the cracks".

What? You had impact on my score and loans for the last few months and all you have to say is "Sorry, we will get it taken care of when we report next schedule in a few weeks". That is ridiculous!

The idea that you can pay every bill on time for your life, never miss or be late on a single payment, and still be taken down is absurd. Having a credit and loan system in our country run by three for profit organizations is such a shame. Then having collection lawyers and accounts that have virtually no ramifications for screw ups kills me.

Rant over.

Im pretty ridiculous about my credit. I check my reports frequently, I am careful about everything we do and work hard to make sure we are maximizing our potential with our scores. A couple of weeks ago I noticed something on there that was driving me insane. It said "collections/charge off for $33 from 2007". Now I had no idea what it could have been, but also know that it was scheduled to come off in 1/24. So my question was do I call and start the inquiry over again (which could show on the report and make it last longer) or sit with it and have it bring my score down (almost 80 points) until it came off in 8 months or so.

The fact that it hadnt appeared on there until recently made me think error, but you never know and because it just said "Collections office" I had no way of knowing what it was. I gave in and called on Friday and the lady (who was very nice) said "Oh Mr. Babbitt, this is a mistake. Not sure why it is here, it must have slipped through the cracks".

What? You had impact on my score and loans for the last few months and all you have to say is "Sorry, we will get it taken care of when we report next schedule in a few weeks". That is ridiculous!

The idea that you can pay every bill on time for your life, never miss or be late on a single payment, and still be taken down is absurd. Having a credit and loan system in our country run by three for profit organizations is such a shame. Then having collection lawyers and accounts that have virtually no ramifications for screw ups kills me.

Rant over.

I am the same way man. Remember the $25 collections for the cable box that was returned over 3 years ago that I had? I didnt even get an apology so at least you got that much. My credit was bad for a while so now that it is good I am constantly checking it and trying to improve it. Sorry that you had to go through that buddy.

Rant over.

Thats messed up man, you hear so many horror stories over these freaking reports. And in your case a mistake of $33 is just plain out stupid. And to make matters worse, nowadays more than ever, especially for you as a business owner, credit is more important than ever before. At least you are "hopefully" done with this without having to start up another inquiry and hurting you even more.

The credit system in this country is such a sham. It's ours. It impacts our lives greatly. And the only way we can see it is to pay for it or get denied something because of it.

The credit system in this country is such a sham. It's ours. It impacts our lives greatly. And the only way we can see it is to pay for it or get denied something because of it.

To be fair, you can get complete reports once a year from each agency.

Its so true. I had my account hacked once so I had to have everything changed and set up FreeCreditReport for a few months which is really not free. It was $12.95 a month. I just wanted to make certain. After a few months I called to cancel and they gave me such a hard time. They ended up giving it to me for $5 a month. I shouldnt have to pay to know where my credit stands but it is what it is in this world. And it cracks me up that there are 3 different agencies and its a crap shoot as to which one is actually used when you need to use credit.

Its so true. I had my account hacked once so I had to have everything changed and set up FreeCreditReport for a few months which is really not free. It was $12.95 a month. I just wanted to make certain. After a few months I called to cancel and they gave me such a hard time. They ended up giving it to me for $5 a month. I shouldnt have to pay to know where my credit stands but it is what it is in this world. And it cracks me up that there are 3 different agencies and its a crap shoot as to which one is actually used when you need to use credit.
Speaking of scams...Lifelock. What a joke of a company that is.

How long have you been able to get a yearly report from all three? It used to be, you would have to do like Dev said and get one of the "free" credit reports and argue with them at no end to cancel the membership.

How long have you been able to get a yearly report from all three? It used to be, you would have to do like Dev said and get one of the "free" credit reports and argue with them at no end to cancel the membership.

Since the Act came out I believe in 2009. Might be wrong on that though. I think the website is annualcreditreport.com
No scores, but that is not really what is needed anyway, since you are not getting FICO scores from anybody.

Since the Act came out I believe in 2009. Might be wrong on that though. I think the website is annualcreditreport.com
No scores, but that is not really what is needed anyway, since you are not getting FICO scores from anybody.

Ok, yeah, I remember that now.

Ok, yeah, I remember that now.

Its worth checking all three. You can do them right from the same website all at once. You can even dispute right from there. When it came out I had to dispute 2 things on 2 reports and they were all cleared up with in 1 month.

Its worth checking all three. You can do them right from the same website all at once. You can even dispute right from there. When it came out I had to dispute 2 things on 2 reports and they were all cleared up with in 1 month.

I need to do that. I think the only thing messing mine up a few years back was some medical bills from when I was younger, which have since been paid off.

I need to do that. I think the only thing messing mine up a few years back was some medical bills from when I was younger, which have since been paid off.

Dispute them as paid and see if they come off. You would be shocked at how many times that happens.

Now you have me freaked out. I decided to my free annual and it was asking me security questions about mortgages and car loans I've never heard of. Wouldn't let me do it online. I don't know who'd want to steal my identity though. I'm a poor candidate for that.

Now you have me freaked out. I decided to my free annual and it was asking me security questions about mortgages and car loans I've never heard of. Wouldn't let me do it online. I don't know who'd want to steal my identity though. I'm a poor candidate for that.

It usually always asks questions like "Did you ever have any of these" and then one of the choices is "none of the above".

Can we fire Puxatawney Phil already?

IMG_20130325_085400_zps93f1fe7a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back