Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
220px-Homer_British_Museum.jpg

I have literally read the Iliad and Odyssey 5 times each.

I have literally readthe Iliad and Odyssey 5 times each.

I didn't know that, but I knew you would know what I was doing.

This is exciting stuff buddy!! If you can manage it, try to not know which you're hitting! No bias!

I'm familiar enough that if I see the top line, I know which club it will be. But I won't have any bias. Plus I am going to push to hit a B330 RX and an e6 with each as well.

I thought this was locked in? Will be interested to see what comparisons you come up with after today

It was, then a day at Golf Galaxy and a phone conversation later with Dan, and I am back to pondering! Will have it hammered down for sure today.

I'm familiar enough that if I see the top line, I know which club it will be. But I won't have any bias. Plus I am going to push to hit a B330 RX and an e6 with each as well.

It was, then a day at Golf Galaxy and a phone conversation later with Dan, and I am back to pondering! Will have it hammered down for sure today.

I say you go with whichever one looks better doing the Harlem Shake.

I say you go with whichever one looks better doing the Harlem Shake.

The pre shot routine comfortability will play a huge role in my decision!

Trust the numbers buddy, I'm just glad you're giving it one last look. Love that you're going to get some time in with each and some BStone balls as well.

New golf shoes, my old ones where cheap and will probably kill my feet this year

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Will go to the store this thursday after work and do another quick lie angle test (so far I need 2 degree flat, 3 different occasions) to confirm this number. then I am pulling the trigger on JPX 825 pro.

Will go to the store this thursday after work and do another quick lie angle test (so far I need 2 degree flat, 3 different occasions) to confirm this number. then I am pulling the trigger on JPX 825 pro.
Awesome man. Congrats. Which shafts?

DG s300 or DG XP s300 or I might go with royal precision 5.5 again :)

Be mindful of the launch/spin numbers on each of those. SkiBum was getting some CRAZY launch numbers with 825 pros.

All three are great shafts, lightweight XPs are not for me though...

And CONGRATS!!

Wedges how in the world can u pick hitting off a mat into a sim!

Mizuno JPX & 12 Nike, Titleist, Ping, Callaway, RTX & RTX CB all hit today. They all seemed good on the sim. So now what do I do?

Wedges how in the world can u pick hitting off a mat into a sim!

Mizuno JPX & 12 Nike, Titleist, Ping, Callaway, RTX & RTX CB all hit today. They all seemed good on the sim. So now what do I do?
Well, it's mid week, and I usually prefer my Wedges to be pondered on Friday.

What did you like about each?

Ugh, came away pretty displeased with my session yesterday with the J40 DPCs and CBs. I hit them after my lesson, and I had swung a good 120-130 times with my driver. It was safe to say that I was pretty fried. I wasn't getting good swings with either. Sloppy, tired swings. Ehhh, I am leaning toward the DPCs now though. I felt pretty humbled after my lesson, especially with some things I need to work on, so I think the DPCs with Project Xi 6.0s will be what I go with.

Ugh, came away pretty displeased with my session yesterday with the J40 DPCs and CBs. I hit them after my lesson, and I had swung a good 120-130 times with my driver. It was safe to say that I was pretty fried. I wasn't getting good swings with either. Sloppy, tired swings. Ehhh, I am leaning toward the DPCs now though. I felt pretty humbled after my lesson, especially with some things I need to work on, so I think the DPCs with Project Xi 6.0s will be what I go with.

Hit them again buddy!!!!

What shafts were you pondering before you were considering the 6.0s? They are quite a bit stiffer than the DGS300's.

Hit them again buddy!!!!

What shafts were you pondering before you were considering the 6.0s? They are quite a bit stiffer than the DGS300's.

Shoulda been 5.5's. It was between the Project X 5.5 and the Xi 5.5

Well, it's mid week, and I usually prefer my Wedges to be pondered on Friday.

What did you like about each?

I know you do War but this the only hole in my bag right now. To top it off I've never bought wedges or played any.

I honestly like them all "confused" well mostly. The vokey I didn't feel like I made good contact as much, the RTX felt good and was good from short pitches to 3/4 swings, the CB was just as good on half swings or less didn't care for the 3/4 feel, the JPX were soft and smooth, good swing weight, the 12 felt soft but something about it I'm not sure, the callaway were good just not as big of a fan as they felt light, Nike was soft and had a dull click felt good up to a 3/4 swing, and Ping Tour was very nice on feel sound and weight.

I feel like I couldn't go wrong with the RTX, Nike, JPX or Ping tour. I feel like they would all perform well but have no experience outside with any of them or a comparison of what I like or hate.

I have spent the last several days on here digging up old wedge threads and reading them for insight but I'm edumecated now and still cornfused

Contemplating a set of J40 DPC's in the market place. Can't decide whether or not it's worth it to upgrade over the J38's.

Contemplating a set of J40 DPC's in the market place. Can't decide whether or not it's worth it to upgrade over the J38's.

I briefly had a J38 6i and when I compared it to my J40's, I was really not able to tell a difference. Not worth the upgrade IMO.

I know you do War but this the only hole in my bag right now. To top it off I've never bought wedges or played any.

I honestly like them all "confused" well mostly. The vokey I didn't feel like I made good contact as much, the RTX felt good and was good from short pitches to 3/4 swings, the CB was just as good on half swings or less didn't care for the 3/4 feel, the JPX were soft and smooth, good swing weight, the 12 felt soft but something about it I'm not sure, the callaway were good just not as big of a fan as they felt light, Nike was soft and had a dull click felt good up to a 3/4 swing, and Ping Tour was very nice on feel sound and weight.

I feel like I couldn't go wrong with the RTX, Nike, JPX or Ping tour. I feel like they would all perform well but have no experience outside with any of them or a comparison of what I like or hate.

I have spent the last several days on here digging up old wedge threads and reading them for insight but I'm edumecated now and still cornfused

It's really tough to by wedges from a store. The biggest factor for me is turf interaction and that's not possible in a sim. As long as you know what bounce you need it shouldn't be a big problem. Do you have any demo days in the area? Or know people who have the wedges you want?

It's really tough to by wedges from a store. The biggest factor for me is turf interaction and that's not possible in a sim. As long as you know what bounce you need it shouldn't be a big problem. Do you have any demo days in the area? Or know people who have the wedges you want?

Turf and sand interaction is partially why I'm so confused I think. I have an idea on bounce since most of the course a firm during most of the yr and the sand is too I think I hit a handle on it, plus I'm not a digger. Not really that I have seen but will keep looking. I don't play with many people and most are out just for fun so club selection is low in my group,

Turf and sand interaction is partially why I'm so confused I think. I have an idea on bounce since most of the course a firm during most of the yr and the sand is too I think I hit a handle on it, plus I'm not a digger. Not really that I have seen but will keep looking. I don't play with many people and most are out just for fun so club selection is low in my group,

I feel your pain. Buying wedges for me is usually a crap shoot, as I don't generally get a lot of chances to test them and most demo days around me are on mats. I bought Clevelands for a while just because I thought those were the best wedges as a new golfer. Then last year the J40 thread convinced me to take a chance and it worked out well. I'm pondering other wedges this year, but will likely stick with the J40s as they have done me right this far.

I'm assuming low bounce then? What I try to do is just find a clubhead shape that I'm comfortable with. Also make sure you like the weight. It's really all you can do in the store. Good luck with your ponder and with all the great options out there, I don't think you can go wrong.

After a club fitting earlier..... Orka GS5 CTI with Project X 5.5 shafts....so sweet to hit and with a good swing, pretty dam accurate for me as well

Jon your right it may come down to head shape and maybe price if its really close.

Tim yeah maybe 52-8 and 56-10 I think I'd be safe there. Haven't seen many less than that on bounce.

Wondering about going +1/2 since my irons are or buying standard then extending and regripping myself if I feel the need.

After more thoughts on what I hit today club wise thinking of kbs tours. Need to get on the optimizer I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back