Cleveland Classic XL & XL Custom Driver Preview Thread

That is quite interesting. Did not even know that until you said it and I then went through the shopping page and saw it. Think its a swingweight thing or the lighter/longer more club head speed thing?
Probably longer/lighter = more club head speed type of thing.

OK guys, agree to disagree? Hahaha Funny that you responded at the same time with different opinions.

OK guys, agree to disagree? Hahaha Funny that you responded at the same time with different opinions.
That is pretty funny. Now I want to know. haha

I found it interesting that on the edwin wats mailer, this club is the longest when hit in the center of the face. Now I just need to find the center.

Didn't it also get the nod on the bottom of the face as well? I don't often hit it down there, but it seems like a great feature. Maybe something to do with the depth of the face..

Didn't it also get the nod on the bottom of the face as well? I don't often hit it down there, but it seems like a great feature. Maybe something to do with the depth of the face..
skimmer...haha

I did say something about that. it promotes tee it high and let it fly. I like it

or wait...tee it low and control it. damn

That is pretty funny. Now I want to know. haha

Me too, just hit them up on Twitter asking. Will post up what they say.

skimmer...haha

I did say something about that. it promotes tee it high and let it fly. I like it

Guess I need to get over my issue with teeing it low.

skimmer...haha

I learned from the best.. hah!!!

Teeing low for stingers? Tiger style?! Intriguing for windy days!! I am going to enjoy talking about the pending versatility of this thing.

Me too, just hit them up on Twitter asking. Will post up what they say.
awesome! thanks

Guess I need to get over my issue with teeing it low.

Teeing low for stingers? Tiger style?! Intriguing for windy days!! I am going to enjoy talking about the pending versatility of this thing.

Yeah, this club could be VERY versatile. I think I noticed it was less spinny as well. AWESOME

Yeah, stingers, Tiger style. That's how I roll.

Yeah, this club could be VERY versatile. I think I noticed it was less spinny as well. AWESOME

Seems like just a touch more spin from the original Classic. That fact definitely has me intrigued.

Yeah, stingers, Tiger style. That's how I roll.

Lies!

Here ya go, nice quick reply!

Michael Cook ‏@mcook77_THP 31m
@ClevelandGolf What is the reasoning for the JDL 5 coming in a half inch longer than other shafts in the XL Custom? Swingweight design?

Cleveland Golf
@ClevelandGolf
.@mcook77_THP That's part of it. A little longer to help slower swing speed players generate more power.

@ClevelandGolf What is the reasoning for the JDL 5 coming in a half inch longer than other shafts in the XL Custom? Swingweight design?

Cleveland Golf
@ClevelandGolf
.@mcook77_THP That's part of it. A little longer to help slower swing speed players generate more power.
awesome...thanks Coooookie

Cleveland Golf
@ClevelandGolf
That's what I thought. Good thing I cut mine down to 45"

I finally got to see one in person in the pro shop and holy cow are they sweet! Even the headcover with the new accent white is killer! This one had a Fubuki Tour in it, and the entire black and white color scheme with the headcover on was sick!!! (That's a good kind of sick)

You should have seen me in Hawaii. First 4 rounds were sustained 35-40 mph winds. Half of the holes I was rocking the Classic stinger style. It was pretty funny. I was outdriving the guys I was playing with by about 50 yards into the wind. I kid you not, one guy who fades/slices the ball hit a drive into the wind that only went 40 yards forward and 150 yards right.

Anyways, I imagine this year's XL will be equally versatile. I want one pretty badly. I'm getting ideal flight with my Classic 10.5 with the B. Asha 5x. I'm thinking a 9* with the 4x could be equally good.

y7aju3eh.jpg

sanuhuhe.jpg

My jaw is ON the floor.

The white is a shaft you're quite familiar with from previous years, is that accurate JB?

I really look forward to hearing how it works for you in the new Classic. And man, that combo looks awesome.

Color me jealous! Anxious to hear your thoughts on the head.

Oh mama....

The white is a shaft you're quite familiar with from previous years, is that accurate JB?

I really look forward to hearing how it works for you in the new Classic. And man, that combo looks awesome.

It is the Kusala White from that line that I did enjoy using.

That should be a beauty of a combo, JB. Did you have to have the shaft tipped by Cleveland?

Back