Will there ever be a big 3 again?

Thechosen1

#Thistagwilltravel
Reaction score
Handicap
These three(jack, Gary, and Arnold) get along so well. Do you see tiger ever doing the par 3 at an older age and if so who would he be paired with? I've always thought Tiger with Phil would be amazing in a few years but who would the third be?

Just thought its an interesting topic while watching the par 3 contest

Certainly, but maybe not in our lifetimes (especially me and Ole Gray's lifetimes) :smile:

Maybe Stricker? I am sure Tiger will play the Par 3 when he gets older. There is just too much tradition with Augusta.

These three(jack, Gary, and Arnold) get along so well. Do you see tiger ever doing the par 3 at an older age and if so who would he be paired with? I've always thought Tiger with Phil would be amazing in a few years but who would the third be?

Just thought its an interesting topic while watching the par 3 contest

I you think 1990's only Id say Tiger/Phil and either Els or Duval

I know he only won one Masters, but would it be Freddie?

Els has more majors, but never won the Masters, which I feel needs to be part of the criteria.

The only other one I can think of is Faldo with three green jackets, though he's almost 20 years senior to Tiger.

I know he only won one Masters, but would it be Freddie?

Els has more majors, but never won the Masters, which I feel needs to be part of the criteria.

The only other one I can think of is Faldo with three green jackets, though he's almost 20 years senior to Tiger.

Freddie gets the love at Augusta like he has 3 jackets though.

Tiger Phil Rory (potentially).

Those are the biggest three we got. Rory needs to win a masters first though.

With the way players are today, hired guns, I don't see it happening. I see Augusta putting guys together for show but not a willing bunch of buddies. At least not on the level of jack, Arnie and Gary

With the way players are today, hired guns, I don't see it happening. I see Augusta putting guys together for show but not a willing bunch of buddies. At least not on the level of jack, Arnie and Gary

I would agree with that......Now if Keagan goes one to win the Masters and a few more majors, I can see him and Phil doing something like this because they are already buddies.

It'll be hard to find 3 so credentialed who are ALSO good friends. Tiger, Phil, and Vijay/duval would make a nice pairing, but they aren't really friends and it'd just be for show. Maybe Tom Watson, Nick Faldo, and Couples? In the future, if Keegan, bubba, and webb win a few more majors, they're actually good friends so that'd be a nice group. That's a long way away and a lot of maybes.

Right Now, It's Tiger, Rory, Phil.

In 15 years, I say it's Rory, Rickie, Jason (Day)

I disagree on both levels. Day, rickie and rory won't be relevant in 15. They'll be vijays.

Dude, my Bridgestone J40 that I ordered is a BOMBER! Love that GD ADDi 7 shaft!

Maybe Rory, though still young. Any reason why Day and Fowler considering they haven't really shown signs of taking there game to that level of Tiger or Phil.

Maybe Rory, though still young. Any reason why Day and Fowler considering they haven't really shown signs of taking there game to that level of Tiger or Phil.

I think they both have the potential to kick their games up another degree in the near future. Until Jason had his kid, many wouldn't have argued with me. I'm still adamant about Rickie and no one can tell me otherwise.

Tiger Phil Rory (potentially).

Those are the biggest three we got. Rory needs to win a masters first though.

I agree. Not a bad big three right now.

I agree with this. With the money these guys make these days, the hunger isn't there for them to elevate their games to "Big 3" status. There may be a standout guy as Woods has been, and there will be people who have a few great years here and there. But year-in and year-out, I don't see it.

I agree with this. With the money these guys make these days, the hunger isn't there for them to elevate their games to "Big 3" status. There may be a standout guy as Woods has been, and there will be people who have a few great years here and there. But year-in and year-out, I don't see it.

Money is irrelevant for this scenario. True champions aren't worried about the money. They wont become complacent because they are making good money. They have a fire inside: to be the best, to chase records, and to make history. That being sad, there will be "big 3" type players again but their careers wont be near each other like the originals.

I would agree with that......Now if Keagan goes one to win the Masters and a few more majors, I can see him and Phil doing something like this because they are already buddies.
If Keagan wins masters and a few majors.. and Webb wins masters as well.. then Keagan, Phil and Webb, I can see these 3 at friends level.
Another combo I can see is Hunter, Bubba and Rickie (assuming all wins masters before their time is done)

It's hard to say what time will bring, I just hope that the next 3 continue the tradition with grace and honor.

For honorary starters maybe the next 3 could be Crenshaw, Faldo, and T. Watson, all past winners.

more importanly will Lindsey carry Tiger's bag?

It's hard to say what time will bring, I just hope that the next 3 continue the tradition with grace and honor.

For honorary starters maybe the next 3 could be Crenshaw, Faldo, and T. Watson, all past winners.

and I really don't think I'll enjoy watching those three as much as the big three now.

I think we have a big 2 right now in Tiger and Phil. There is not a solid third in their age group. Rory is so much younger he'll be playing on the main tour long after Tiger and Phil have stopped.

Arnie, Jack and Player are getting up there. I think Tom Watson is the only one that could jump in take one of their place. May go a few years without an honorary starter once they are all gone.

Yes there will be. Now or anytime soon no. Three curent golfers that may and I stress may be it in the near future Rory, Keegan, Ricky.

I watched the par 3 comp today, I think the old big 3 are just awesome. They love getting the crowd and their families involved. Im sure there will be another big 3 but I just don't think to the extent that Gary, Arnold and Jack have. I love how all the players have their kids or partners with them, I just adds to the fun of the event. Cause when they are normally playing its very serious.

Back