Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still pondering what to do in my 3 wood slot. Took the X Hot out to the range today and just couldn't get anything going. I'm thinking it's time to designate the 3W as an off the tee club only and just be done with it. Problem is I'm not hitting the X Hot any better there either. Not gonna lie, I'm thinking of bringing the OG RBZ 3W back into the rotation and keeping my F3 as a backup. RBZ is such a beast off the tee...

Still pondering what to do in my 3 wood slot. Took the X Hot out to the range today and just couldn't get anything going. I'm thinking it's time to designate the 3W as an off the tee club only and just be done with it. Problem is I'm not hitting the X Hot any better there either. Not gonna lie, I'm thinking of bringing the OG RBZ 3W back into the rotation and keeping my F3 as a backup. RBZ is such a beast off the tee...

What's your struggle with it/3 woods in general.

Pondering how I can't find my freaking .335 ferrules. BOO!

Pondering how I can't find my freaking .335 ferrules. BOO!

Ha! That means that they're iron or wedge shafts. :banana:

What's your struggle with it/3 woods in general.

3 woods in general I struggle off the deck some and this one is no different. I go back and forth with 3Ws off the deck... Just the way my world spins.

When I first hit the X Hot, I was killing it. First range session and round was pretty good as well. Ever since then it's been a bit of a slow decline... I keep trying to work with it but nothing has come around here recently. Right now I'm getting maybe a touch more distance out of this than my F5. Just frustrated with it is all. Thinking about going back to something I know. I know the F3 is solid off the tee for me. The RBZ was as well. I strayed from it in search of something I can hit better off the deck. Both were about the same at just ok for me. Sim said that the F3 was longer but I still feel like my good shots on the course were better with the RBZ. Just thinking out loud here. I'll have to sell the XHot to buy something new most likely.

Well, went to GG tonight for some simulator time and try different drivers. Walked out frustrated. I suck beyond belief. Thank god lessons begin on Wednesday. Club head speed is mid 90's but can not consistently hit the ball. Some pop up, some get topped and the others have a hard slice. Guess that's what I get for being a newbie with 5 rounds under my belt for my entire golfing career and no instruction at all.

I can only get better, right?

3 woods in general I struggle off the deck some and this one is no different. I go back and forth with 3Ws off the deck... Just the way my world spins.

When I first hit the X Hot, I was killing it. First range session and round was pretty good as well. Ever since then it's been a bit of a slow decline... I keep trying to work with it but nothing has come around here recently. Right now I'm getting maybe a touch more distance out of this than my F5. Just frustrated with it is all. Thinking about going back to something I know. I know the F3 is solid off the tee for me. The RBZ was as well. I strayed from it in search of something I can hit better off the deck. Both were about the same at just ok for me. Sim said that the F3 was longer but I still feel like my good shots on the course were better with the RBZ. Just thinking out loud here. I'll have to sell the XHot to buy something new most likely.

Did you try the Stage 2? It is much easier to hit off the tee IMO than the original.

Well, went to GG tonight for some simulator time and try different drivers. Walked out frustrated. I suck beyond belief. Thank god lessons begin on Wednesday. Club head speed is mid 90's but can not consistently hit the ball. Some pop up, some get topped and the others have a hard slice. Guess that's what I get for being a newbie with 5 rounds under my belt for my entire golfing career and no instruction at all.

I can only get better, right?

Sure enough. It won't seem like it, but you'll get better. Have fun at your lessons!

Its Friday, and I still can't pull the trigger on a J40 60* with DG Spinner. Ugh.

What's holding you back Greg?

I've never played a 60* wedge, I don't know how it will compare to my 56* that I use for chips, bunkers and such. Unless its a flat chip from the fringe with like an 8i or something, inside 110 yards, the 56* gets the call. I think the extra loft would help me stop the ball quicker on the green for short chips and going over bunkers and such, but it would be an experiment. Depending on how it works on full shots it could give me more options from 85-110 or so as well.

Just buy it dude. You can flip it if it doesn't work out.

I've never played a 60* wedge, I don't know how it will compare to my 56* that I use for chips, bunkers and such. Unless its a flat chip from the fringe with like an 8i or something, inside 110 yards, the 56* gets the call. I think the extra loft would help me stop the ball quicker on the green for short chips and going over bunkers and such, but it would be an experiment. Depending on how it works on full shots it could give me more options from 85-110 or so as well.

It is Friday, its now or never Greg!

I have a 60 J40 Greg, you are more than welcome to put it in your bag for a round the next time we play.

I see #WPF has started off well.

Still pondering new wedges. ATV's just arent doing the trick for me.

how about some RH Cleveland 588's...I know a guy that might be able to help you out

I see #WPF has started off well.

I had a pre-WPF a few days back and into last week, Cleveland 588 RTX's

might just decide to win them in the Invitational instead of buying them

I can't afford two new wedges, but I think maybe getting one used lob wedge would help my game.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I can't afford two new wedges, but I think maybe getting one used lob wedge would help my game.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

ponder on....what brand u thinking?

Really want to go 50-54-58 but I am having so much trouble finding anything for my stupid left handedness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back