The Official Tiger Woods Thread

^haha

BC definitely doesn't beat around the bush with his opinions on TW. I used to hate Johnny Miller, but he's gotten a bit better, and I love Nick Faldo. Begay is getting much better very quickly. Kelly is there as the token woman, I think. During their coverage this morning, all I could see were her legs. Won't be too long before it's Holly Sonders replacing her.

^haha

BC definitely doesn't beat around the bush with his opinions on TW. I used to hate Johnny Miller, but he's gotten a bit better, and I love Nick Faldo. Begay is getting much better very quickly. Kelly is there as the token woman, I think. During their coverage this morning, all I could see were her legs. Won't be too long before it's Holly Sonders replacing her.

Holly Sonders... I could handle that.

I don't know if I could...I'd never pay any attention to whatever anyone else on there would say! lol

This is false. The rule change 2 years ago made the 2 stroke accurate. One place that has no care in the world about star power and ratings is Augusta.

With every camera on him all the time and everyone watching, do you believe no one officiating saw the infraction?

I would love to see Tiger come from the back for the win, he's going to have to do it early though and not wait til the back 9. Otherwise it doesn't really matter to me who wins.

I would love to see Tiger come from the back for the win, he's going to have to do it early though and not wait til the back 9. Otherwise it doesn't really matter to me who wins.
If he can have a front 9 like last year, -6 I believe and add a few more on the back, he might have a chance.

I don't think Tiger is going to be able to pull it off today. I think he'll need -7 or better and I don't see that round in him. He's been so close all week and has been playing almost well enough to post a really good score, he just hasn't been able to do it.

With every camera on him all the time and everyone watching, do you believe no one officiating saw the infraction?

Neither here nor there. This tournament has not and does not cater to anybody except the Masters. He got the proper penalty and owned up to it the proper way. Just because you have a disdain for him, does not mean that the rule should be harsher than what is in the rule book.

If he can have a front 9 like last year, -6 I believe and add a few more on the back, he might have a chance.

I think you are right. Although with who is up in front, there could be some fall back. I mean look at the leading score after day 1 and look at it now. Yesterday seemed like a day that early on some people could go low. Nobody really did and we have a packed crowd, none of which is above falling back.

I think tiger was a bit shaken from that whole fiasco. Look for him to play like he's pissed and go absolutely HAM today.

Dude, my Bridgestone J40 that I ordered is a BOMBER! Love that GD ADDi 7 shaft!

I think tiger was a bit shaken from that whole fiasco. Look for him to play like he's pissed and go absolutely HAM today.

Tiger rarely goes HAM though. Generally he puts 4 solid rounds up when most can only put 1 or 2. I don't see Tiger in the picture today. I hope I'm wrong though

Tiger rarely goes HAM though. Generally he puts 4 solid rounds up when most can only put 1 or 2. I don't see Tiger in the picture today. I hope I'm wrong though

I'm with you on this on Chunky. He's never come from behind to win a major and he has a lot of guys who are playing to pass, not just one or two.

Last year tiger was -6 through nine. Same golfer, better mentally? I think he can package it together. He knows these greens as good or better than anyone and he knows how to attack these Sunday pins better than almost anyone. I'm looking for him to go deep.

If Tiger gets a couple of early birds (or an eagle on 2) and gets at least to one back, I think it's Tiger's tourney to win. I do like Angel and Sneds, but I'd love to see Tiger comeback to win this one. Gonna be a great day no matter who wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last year tiger was -6 through nine. Same golfer, better mentally? I think he can package it together. He knows these greens as good or better than anyone and he knows how to attack these Sunday pins better than almost anyone. I'm looking for him to go deep.

How did he end up last year though?

He mentally fell apart. How is his mental game this year though?

With everything going on right now? I would say fragile. Some fo his fellow pro's are calling out his lack of integrity. I would say he has a cause to be less than laser like. Again, I hope I'm wrong but I don't think so.

This is going to be a totally different course they are playing today with every pin tucked and possibly faster greens. The think that leader board is going to bounce a bit. #Anyonesgame

I'm indifferent here, but the one thing I see a lot of people overlooking about rule 33-7 is the .45 or whatever it was...

It seems to say that ignorance of the rules is not a good reason to apply rule 33-7.

However, I also think the committee had a chance to prevent Tiger from signing an incorrect score card and they didn't do it, so a DQ may have been a harsh punishment and the 2 strokes under 33-7 a better solution.

This is going to be a totally different course they are playing today with every pin tucked and possibly faster greens. The think that leader board is going to bounce a bit. #Anyonesgame

Agree. I'm guessing no lower than -9 wins, and it could be higher than that. Definitely wouldn't be shocked if the winner finishes at -7.

Snap hooked from my Galaxy S3

I'm indifferent here, but the one thing I see a lot of people overlooking about rule 33-7 is the .45 or whatever it was...

It seems to say that ignorance of the rules is not a good reason to apply rule 33-7.

However, I also think the committee had a chance to prevent Tiger from signing an incorrect score card and they didn't do it, so a DQ may have been a harsh punishment and the 2 strokes under 33-7 a better solution.

The last sentence is why 33-7 was used. ANGC screwed up when they saw the situation, said that it wasn't a penalty and allowed Tiger to sign his scorecard. Once more info came out, they re-opened the situation and realized a penalty needed to be given. The new rule allowed them to say in basic terms, "you screwed up, but we screwed up more by not getting this right and telling you about it before you signed. Bad news: we have to give you a 2 shot penalty for playing your ball in the wrong place. Good news: Rules changed a couple years ago and we, after bouncing it back off of the USGA and R&A, have decided to invoke this rule where we can give you the penalty after you've already signed and waive the DQ for signing an incorrect scorecard."

Perhaps if some of the media calling for outrage and withdrawal would actually read the situation and dumb it down a bit instead of just yelling to hear themselves talk, they'd understand the situation a little bit more.

The last sentence is why 33-7 was used. ANGC screwed up when they saw the situation, said that it wasn't a penalty and allowed Tiger to sign his scorecard. Once more info came out, they re-opened the situation and realized a penalty needed to be given. The new rule allowed them to say in basic terms, "you screwed up, but we screwed up more by not getting this right and telling you about it before you signed. Bad news: we have to give you a 2 shot penalty for playing your ball in the wrong place. Good news: Rules changed a couple years ago and we, after bouncing it back off of the USGA and R&A, have decided to invoke this rule where we can give you the penalty after you've already signed and waive the DQ for signing an incorrect scorecard."

Perhaps if some of the media calling for outrage and withdrawal would actually read the situation and dumb it down a bit instead of just yelling to hear themselves talk, they'd understand the situation a little bit more.

Good thoughts here.

I agree with most of what you said mward exact "we screwed up more". None of this happens if Tiger knows the proper rules and in the end this is a sport in which the golfer is supposed to police themselves.

We all know he is not a "call it on myself" guy and that is perfectly fine, but its hard to blame anybody else more than the guy that actually broke the rules.

I agree with most of what you said mward exact "we screwed up more". None of this happens if Tiger knows the proper rules and in the end this is a sport in which the golfer is supposed to police themselves.

We all know he is not a "call it on myself" guy and that is perfectly fine, but its hard to blame anybody else more than the guy that actually broke the rules.

Can't disagree. If I had to give it a percentage, 75% Tiger, 25% Rules committee. I guess the better way of saying it would be, "ANGC: we screwed up by seeing the situation and feeling that it was ok. We probably should have asked you about it before you signed your scorecard so we could have figured this out last night and not made it a bigger ordeal."

Don't get much time to get on here anymore, but came on to see what the consensus here was of this whole fiasco. VERY surprised to see the defense of Tiger. The bold above is the key. He knows the rules (although clearly forgot what he was doing at that moment) and by his own admission, backed up intentionally in order to improve his situation. I see no way Tiger can be still be playing and keep his integrity - and that's coming from a fan.

That said, can anyone think of a worse break in the history of golf? If the first shot misses the stick he certainly makes par and probably birdie. After it's all said and done he makes 8. That means a shot from 150'+ away hitting a one inch thick stick cost him 3 or 4 strokes. I don't know how he kept it together. My head would have literally popped off!

I feel Tiger had no intent to break the rule for some perceived advantage. Nearly every time when a ball goes into a water hazard, the point of entry is deemed to be where the shot initially crossed the hazard line. I think in the heat of that upsetting happenstance Tiger simply played it that way and kept that point between his drop and the hole. Clearly he was wrong. However, the committee gets it right and assesses the penalty, and under today's rules there is no DQ - the Padraig Harrington rule.

As for Tiger keeping his mouth shut - I would bet he is in 100% agreement with the correctness of the penalty and would be mortified if it was debated after the fact rather than now - and glad it is settled. I would imagine he just puts it behind him and proceeds as if he hit 73 shots and is within 5 of the lead in a major with 36 to go, certainly still a great position.

I still believe this is simply what happened. Backing up intentionally in that situation is perfectly legit.

As for the worst break in the history of golf - I seem to remember Charles Howell III hitting the pin on the last hole of a tournament he was leading and the ball going back into the water, costing him the W.

Back