Explosions in Boston during Boston Marathon

553050_140723112777324_786147018_n.jpg

I just saw some pictures and video that the news isn't showing or airing and I am sitting here in shock and horror. I can't even fathom what it would have been like to be on the scene, and if these pictures conveyed 1/10th of the experience I don't know if I would ever recover from the shock based on how I am doing right now.

My heart goes out to everyone in Boston and anyone effected by this. I lived there for a few years and my wife ran the marathon five years ago I understand what this event means to New England my prayers are with you all. I'm very happy that my extended family is safe as one is a paramedic down there.

I guess there were a group of runners from here in the Boston Marathon yesterday, one was a teacher from my gf's school. They had just came across the finish and had wondered about 50 yards away from the line to gather together when the blast went off. Thank goodness all of them are safe. Liz and her class were actually following them on the real time race tracker through the race and had some worry filled hours waiting for notification.

I can't help but think this was some sort of home-grown attack and that scares the hell out of me, especially with all the traction this is getting the cowards who did it. But, I love hearing some of the stories of hero's and the way this country is pulling together in support of Boston and those effected.

Turns out that my friend that I was worried about actually didn't run at all because of a knee injury. Still no post on his Facebook page though. :-(

Hearing some people recount what they saw and encounter I'm sure there were a lot of sleepless nights, we need to continue to keep them all in our thoughts and prayers!

That's just stupid, and pisses me off.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

What is being reported is that they were not taken off the plane for speaking Arabic, but rather about some luggage.

Thanks, hadn't heard that update yet - just saw this article. Was the update regarding these people speaking Arabic about their luggage? Or something else altogether?

What is being reported is that they were not taken off the plane for speaking Arabic, but rather about some luggage.

Hopefully this is true. If they were singled out for speaking a language then we've become no better than many other countries that we've found issue with in the past.

Thanks, hadn't heard that update yet - just saw this article. Was the update regarding these people speaking Arabic about their luggage? Or something else altogether?

I could have heard it wrong, but the way I heard it was that they were asked a question about their luggage and would not give an answer. Pressed to answer again, they would not answer. So instead returned to gate.

This could all be false, but that was what I heard. However it was in the background, so I could be off.

Hopefully this is true. If they were singled out for speaking a language then we've become no better than many other countries that we've found issue with in the past.

Until we know who did this everyone is a suspect and should be treated as such, it's much better to do it now in case a plane falls out of the sky and ask why they weren't stopped.

Until we know who did this everyone is a suspect and should be treated as such, it's much better to do it now in case a plane falls out of the sky and ask why they weren't stopped.

Thank you for this. I was trying to find a way to put it without being inflammatory and you nailed it. I think EVERYONE should be profiled.

The 8 year old that died yesterday has been identified. He was waiting to see his father cross the finish line. Both of his sister and mother are still alive, but both of them are in local hospitals with serious injuries.

I'm headed into work at 1 PM today, it's going to be a really somber day. I'm working in the ER so I won't really see the ongoing care for the patients that came in yesterday, but I'm going to see some colleagues that were in the middle of it yesterday, I have no idea how they did it.

Thank you for this. I was trying to find a way to put it without being inflammatory and you nailed it. I think EVERYONE should be profiled.

It's not discrimination at this point and if the guys were argumentative then they should have been pulled regardless of nationality.

The 8 year old that died yesterday has been identified. He was waiting to see his father cross the finish line. Both of his sister and mother are still alive, but both of them are in local hospitals with serious injuries.

I'm headed into work at 1 PM today, it's going to be a really somber day. I'm working in the ER so I won't really see the ongoing care for the patients that came in yesterday, but I'm going to see some colleagues that were in the middle of it yesterday, I have no idea how they did it.

Good luck today Ary. Stay strong man. I cant imagine what you are going to be walking into today. It's people like you that are the every day heroes.

It's not discrimination at this point and if the guys were argumentative then they should have been pulled regardless of nationality.

I agree 1000%. Look at El Al (Israel) Airlines. They dont care about peoples feelings. They profile everyone. Never had an incident on one of their flights.

I disagree, wholeheartedly. If they got passed the TSA, and all the scanners they supposedly have at airports, why single them out? At this point we have no clue who did this, but people see, or hear people not from this country and jump to conclusions.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Good luck today buddy and be sure to pass along sincere thanks to those that were in the middle of this horrible incident lending a hand.

I disagree, wholeheartedly. If they got passed the TSA, and all the scanners they supposedly have at airports, why single them out? At this point we have no clue who did this, but people see, or hear people not from this country and jump to conclusions.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

When innocent people are attacked. EVERYONE is a suspect. Feelings are put aside.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk
TSA is a joke.

Back