Cleveland 588 TT Irons Preview Thread

Well, I had committed to the TT irons after hitting them well with the Dynamic Gold X100's in them in Myrtle.

I'm glad to represent one of Cleveland's new iron lines this year, and have placed my order for Morgan Cup irons!

4-PW
Lofts the same
1 degree upright
lengths the same (They play 1/2"+ and I play stock 1/2" long)
Lamkin 3GEN REL grips, just like my driver selection, in dark blue
True Temper Dynamic Gold x100 shafts

Bring it on!

Nice CanadiaDan. Sounds like a solid set up to me.

Love the setup Dan!

Well, I had committed to the TT irons after hitting them well with the Dynamic Gold X100's in them in Myrtle.

I'm glad to represent one of Cleveland's new iron lines this year, and have placed my order for Morgan Cup irons!

4-PW
Lofts the same
1 degree upright

Bring it on!

welld one! Im a huge fan of these irons, looking forward to watching you pound bombs with them

4-PW
Lofts the same
1 degree upright

Bring it on!

nice buddy

Congrats Canadan! Always nice to order something you have had a chance to hit before.

Nice CanadiaDan. Sounds like a solid set up to me.

I happen to agree buddy! I have returned a bit to my sweeping days, which seem to thin a bit more, but these did not punish hardly at all when most of the contact was lower on the face. It probably had a lot to do with my last ten rounds on dormant-ish hardpan for the most part, but i love the idea of having a set that will dig when needed, but not required.

Love the setup Dan!
welld one! Im a huge fan of these irons, looking forward to watching you pound bombs with them

Bombs they shall be!!! Pretty pumped to get these in hand.

I like it Dan, I think they will treat you very well this year. Anxious to hear some in hand feedback on them!

Awesome Dan! Seems like a few people were more ready for this PM than I was! I mean, I'm ready to get my irons, I just don't know which shafts I'm going with.

I like it Dan, I think they will treat you very well this year. Anxious to hear some in hand feedback on them!

Thanks Cookie, as I will with your Altitudes! I am very excited to see how the X1's transition throughout the set. I'm sure it'll be a great match.

Awesome Dan! Seems like a few people were more ready for this PM than I was! I mean, I'm ready to get my irons, I just don't know which shafts I'm going with.

Ready and waiting I was Jeff! I have a long, positive history with the DG x100 shafts. Not so much the XP or SL versions, but have played the stock x100's for many years.

These are the best looking set of CG irons this year. Can't wait to see in hand pics and glad to hear guys are going with them!

Nice order Dan, sounds like you've had yourself lined up in your mind for a while now!

Ready and waiting I was Jeff! I have a long, positive history with the DG x100 shafts. Not so much the XP or SL versions, but have played the stock x100's for many years.

This is what I'm afraid of. My last experience with DG iron shafts was no good. Keep in mind its been more than 5 years, so who knows. I've been playing KBS Tours for the past 3-4 years so it was a sad day for me not have those as an option. I'm sure I'll find something that is as good, if not better, for my game.

I need to think about the top of my bag though, I may though a TT or MT 3 and/or 4i in there.

This is what I'm afraid of. My last experience with DG iron shafts was no good. Keep in mind its been more than 5 years, so who knows. I've been playing KBS Tours for the past 3-4 years so it was a sad day for me not have those as an option. I'm sure I'll find something that is as good, if not better, for my game.

I need to think about the top of my bag though, I may though a TT or MT 3 and/or 4i in there.

What did you hit the last time you played DG? Did you try the SL? It's got a higher flex point and is fairly consistent with the KBS line in terms of weighting. I have a feeling that higher kickpoint is also going to provide a similar ball flight to KBS, which i think launch higher.

What did you hit the last time you played DG? Did you try the SL? It's got a higher flex point and is fairly consistent with the KBS line in terms of weighting. I have a feeling that higher kickpoint is also going to provide a similar ball flight to KBS, which i think launch higher.

I played the original S300 but like I say that was 5 years ago. I'm going to try to get on a shaft optimizer or LM to see what's best. As of now I'd just be guessing.

I went TT 7-PW with the lofts 1* weak in my set. So the PW comes in at 45*, which is what I am playing now.

I went TT 7-PW with the lofts 1* weak in my set. So the PW comes in at 45*, which is what I am playing now.
Nice Dan. Matching the lofts to prevent gapping issues, I am assuming?

Nice Dan. Matching the lofts to prevent gapping issues, I am assuming?

Thats correct, really looking forward to getting these in hand and seeing if I can get my avg GIR up this year.

Thats correct, really looking forward to getting these in hand and seeing if I can get my avg GIR up this year.
I love the TTs. Love them. The early results I saw with them was staggering. I keep going back and forth between a full set of TTs, combo of MT/TT, or a full set of MTs. Err.

Congrats Dan and Dan, both solid setups.

I love the TTs. Love them. The early results I saw with them was staggering. I keep going back and forth between a full set of TTs, combo of MT/TT, or a full set of MTs. Err.

That's quite the dilemma. If trajectory worries you with the TT's then I think you would scratch that full set off first then just consider a combo or all MT's.

That's quite the dilemma. If trajectory worries you with the TT's then I think you would scratch that full set off first then just consider a combo or all MT's.
Latest ponder update; Combo set of MT/TT or full set of MT.

Go TT/CB combo WarDartEagle

Dude, my Bridgestone J40 that I ordered is a BOMBER! Love that GD ADDi 7 shaft!

Go TT/CB combo WarDartEagle

Dude, my Bridgestone J40 that I ordered is a BOMBER! Love that GD ADDi 7 shaft!
I played the CBs for a while last year, and liked them a good bit. Dont think I would go with them this year in favor of the TTs though. CBs w/ KBS Tour 90s in them would be a sweet setup for me, but it's not something I will be doing.

Back