What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 2 rounds today at Lake Jonesco. 1st round was from the member's tees and I shot a 43/39=82, 78.6% FWs & 38.9% GIRs. 2nd round I played from the senior tees and shot a 41/34=75, this time 85.7% FWs & 55.6% GIRs. The 34 on the back side was 6 pars, 1 bogey, 1 birdie and an eagle (my second this year) It was pretty windy at times and I am somewhat surprised at the good score on my last nine. I hope this carries over to my tournament at Jekyll Island this weekend.

Excellent rounds there.

I knew I should have left the office this afternoon. Today was apparently shoot an awesome score day.

I played 9 holes at one of my local courses (Carter: Par 36, 34.1/120). I had a REAL hot hand today. I shot a 34 with 2 bogeys (on my first two holes), 4 birdies, and 3 pars. The wind was howling, but I was draining everything, and knocking it stiff. The only thing I was a little miffed about was the fact that I missed a 6-foot eagle try. It's a 490 yard par-5. I SMASHED my driver to 170 out, hit a trap-draw 8 iron to 6 feet, then flubbed the eagle. Though I can't argue with 4 birds, with one of them being a 25 foot bomb, and the other was a 15-foot right-to-left slider. Overall, considering the conditions, I had a GREAT day.
Wish I was on an 18 hole course...
4/7 FIR
6/9 GIR
14 Putts

Tillery Tradition CC
6380yds, 70.3/125

If I could have my pick of weather every day, I would choose today. Beautiful sunny skies, topped out in the upper 60s, decent breeze at times, but absolutely gorgeous!

39/42 for 81 first time around.
11/14 fw
8 gir
33 putts
1 penalty

I lost my swing for a few holes on the backside, otherwise a pretty good day tee to green. Misses were not too punishing and most missed greens were manageable up and downs. The new SeeMore Si3 is just flat out not working for me right now. Alignment is great, reads are good, just literally leaving everything short of the hole. I didn't have anything of distance past the hole all day. Highlights were back to back birdies on 9 and 10, with a lipped out chip-in attempt for eagle on 10. Driver got away from me once on 16 in the midst of my swing issues and cost me an OB and a double.

aga6amup.jpg

a8ama3ez.jpg

37 on the front nine replay
6/7 fw
5 gir
14 putts

Switched driver shafts prior to the replay and found .5" shorter can make so much of a difference. Absolutely striped the ball, only one off-center hit in six drives. Only miss was the first hole with a stinking hybrid. Had several solid looks at birdie but again nothing falling. Birdied the 9th a second time for -2 on it for the day which was pretty nice.

Overshadowing all of this was my brothers second birdie in his short playing career, the 190yd par 3 8th, no less. Hit one to 6' that looked like it may go in the whole way. He even got a little bit of a putter raise going as the putt rolled in dead-center. Best part of the day no doubt.

ara2a8uv.jpg

Played yesterday for our opening night of league - 60*, 15-20mph winds, constant rain.

FIR - 2/7
GIR - 5/9
Score - 40 (+4)

Felt like I was playing at the British Open. The course was very soft, lots of standing water in the fairways, but greens were rolling pretty good. I actually didn't mind the weather at all. Quite refreshing to play in these conditions, considering the ongoing drought in the Midwest from the past couple years. Feels like forever since I've played in rain.

-3 with 4 birdies 8/9 GIR and 14 putts at the local chip and putt. Did all 100 and in shots. Love the new system and the new flat stick sure rolled nice

-3 with 4 birdies 8/9 GIR and 14 putts at the local chip and putt. Did all 100 and in shots. Love the new system and the new flat stick sure rolled nice

You sir are awesome. Looks like the hard work is really paying off, get at it bro.

Tied my lowest score set last week with another 88 45/43. Missed a handful of putts that rimmed out.

Tied my lowest score set last week with another 88 45/43. Missed a handful of putts that rimmed out.

WTG Robozeo, keep up the good work.

Congrats on tieing the pb!

nice work congrats on the PB i hate lipouts!!!!

Shot 90 today which sucks, but it was one of the most fun rounds of golf I've played in a long while. Had the chance to tee it up at Furman Golf Course with a good friend today.

Only played 9 but shot a 41. One of my best 9 holes in a while. Wish I could of finished.

Shot 90 today which sucks, but it was one of the most fun rounds of golf I've played in a long while. Had the chance to tee it up at Furman Golf Course with a good friend today.

I live near there. Only player there a couple of times but really liked the course.

Gosh, it was almost like the ole lefty golf today for the first time in a long time. Course is greening up, greens are fairly well recovered from aeration, and weather was pretty warm. I played the back tees, 72.4/141 and though I got tired the last few holes had a respectable 81 (40, 41)

didn't much keep a score as I was playing with a buddy of mine and his dad, but I'd guess in the high 40s for the 9. Just didn't play well, hit some great drivers, but other than that, the game was pretty flat. The terrible greens weren't doing me any favors either, putts so bouncy you didn't know if you'd make tap-ins.

44 with 4 doubles and 13 putts, and a chip-in bird.

Got my worst round of the year in, so I'm good for the rest of the year. Honestly, it was miserable out, and I was demoing a driver so I have an excuse. :bashful: 50 for 9 holes. :banghead: Should be about 6-10 less than that.

Gosh, it was almost like the ole lefty golf today for the first time in a long time. Course is greening up, greens are fairly well recovered from aeration, and weather was pretty warm. I played the back tees, 72.4/141 and though I got tired the last few holes had a respectable 81 (40, 41)

Heck of a round, 141 slope is no joke Lefty, well done!

That is always a good day on the course, I know you will get your game going soon buddy.

That is pretty impressive on a course with that slope rating, and you are still my hero Lefty being able to play from the back and shoot that low, nice going Don.

13 putts is good man and a chip in bird is always nice. Where did you play and what were your issues buddy? We need to get together for a round soon!
Team course- meriwether. I cant hit the ball straight to save my life lately, and my short game was keeping me within 5 feet..

Team course- meriwether. I cant hit the ball straight to save my life lately, and my short game was keeping me within 5 feet..

Excelent short game! That will keep the putt counts low. Nicely done!

A not-bad-but-not-good 92, putting was good, chipping was alright, irons were okay, but I was SMASHING my drives, they went LONG added a few pars on the front. Ended up shooting 45 on the front and a 47 on the back, first three holes on the back TANKED my round, three straight 6's, guess the devil entered my round....

Tapatalkin it in on my iPhone 4S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back