The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats, Jersey Nate!

JN, do you know what grade levels you'll be working with?

I'll be starting elementary (K-3 ish) and when I get my footing, I'll try and slowly move my way up grade levels. Having a retired teacher as a partner will help immensely.

I'll be starting elementary (K-3 ish) and when I get my footing, I'll try and slowly move my way up grade levels. Having a retired teacher as a partner will help immensely.

God bless you, haha. Middle school is wild enough for my tastes.

God bless you, haha. Middle school is wild enough for my tastes.

For me, elementary is easier than middle school. It's the age when kids get amazed and fascinated at more things...they are open to more. I'm mostly afraid of the middle schoolers to be quite honest...old enough to want to be rebellious and young enough to not have started to be polite.

For me, elementary is easier than middle school. It's the age when kids get amazed and fascinated at more things...they are open to more. I'm mostly afraid of the middle schoolers to be quite honest...old enough to want to be rebellious and young enough to not have started to be polite.

I just always have been afraid that working with the younger crowd would be so much babysitting. I have the utmost respect for those K-3 teachers that get the most out of their kids - it's no easy task. Admirable.

Middle school kids are the most interesting. Definitely.

Awesome HHJJ JN, congrats!

Confirmed delivery tomorrow of something sweet and a round with a fellow THP'r, tomorrow is looking awesome!

Another HHJJ coming up at THP Ohio Invitational. Hitting the road soon. Have a good day everyone!

We tried those and they didnt work as well. She "likes" the oragel better for some reason.

You ever try it? You'll know why....hehe

Finally. FINALLY! I haven't even received a call from the local school district that hired me yet (it's been a couple weeks), so I am THRILLED to be a part of a company that will give me time in the classroom regularly.

I haven't been this excited/scared about a Monday as I am now.

8679400164_2663fdc372_z.jpg

So happy for you Nate, congrats buddy!

Congrats Nate. Kids are just too hard to deal with once they reach middle school age. And High Schoolers just need to be knocked out sometimes......

Congrats JNate!!

Got my credit report yesterday. Most people would rant about what it says, but I'm hhjj'ing about it. Close to recovered from the mess that my first marriage and divorce left me in after 6 years.

Got my credit report yesterday. Most people would rant about what it says, but I'm hhjj'ing about it. Close to recovered from the mess that my first marriage and divorce left me in after 6 years.

My ex-wife let the bank take the house back. My credit sucked for seven years. I was in the upper 400's in 2000. By 2007 I was golden. Went up over 100 points the day the repo dropped off.

The cool thing about a good credit score is that it is directly related to your insurance score, and that affects you every renewal!

Yea buddy. Insurance companies have been sticking it to me for awhile now lol.

Stupid ex-wives. I just paid the last of 'our' bills off yesterday. She was bound by the decree to pay as well, but you know how that goes.

Time for a good nights sleep now and then fingers crossed for my interview tomorrow lunchtime....hoping for a very good HHJJ sometime over the next few days.....

Time for a good nights sleep now and then fingers crossed for my interview tomorrow lunchtime....hoping for a very good HHJJ sometime over the next few days.....

Good luck man.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I've been trying to get the same job (at a nice golf course near me) for the past 3 summers. I apply, go and talk to the guy in charge multiple times, but still nothing. Well this year I decided to apply for Pro Shop Assistant instead of Cart Guy because they said golf equipment knowledge is a plus. Since I have more knowledge about equipment than anyone I've ever met there by like a factor of infinity (thanks, THP), I figured I'd have a better chance.

Yesterday I was informed that the guy in charge remembered my name and will be calling me for a phone interview in the next week or two. Man, I hope I get this job.

I've been trying to get the same job (at a nice golf course near me) for the past 3 summers. I apply, go and talk to the guy in charge multiple times, but still nothing. Well this year I decided to apply for Pro Shop Assistant instead of Cart Guy because they said golf equipment knowledge is a plus. Since I have more knowledge about equipment than anyone I've ever met there by like a factor of infinity (thanks, THP), I figured I'd have a better chance.

Yesterday I was informed that the guy in charge remembered my name and will be calling me for a phone interview in the next week or two. Man, I hope I get this job.

What course? In NJ for the summer or in SC?

Hope it works out for you, Charlie. I've also have been looking to find something for early mornings and weekends. My thoughts were if I spend so much of my own time there I can work, get paid, and I'm sure play cheap golf.

What course? In NJ for the summer or in SC?

The Crystal Springs courses. All owned by the same guy so I applied to all of them.

sounds promising, good luck!

The Crystal Springs courses. All owned by the same guy so I applied to all of them.

Nice! I will make sure I come in and bother you incessantly.

Nice! I will make sure I come in and bother you incessantly.

Good. Plus if I get the job there I'm pretty sure I can get guests on for very cheap and I get to golf for free. And a hefty discount at the pro shop. This job would save me more money on golf and golf stuff than it would give me, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back