Callaway 2013 Sunglasses

Buckjob

My Friend's Call Me Drew
Reaction score
Handicap
After seeing some of the Callaway Eyewear in Texas that some of the #Zoocrew guys were wearing and Puttin4bird's pair from the MC a few years ago. i spoke with Hashtag Chad a little bit about them and decided to snag a pair to try out. i had wanted a pair of glasses with golf lenses in them for quite some time and actually had bought a pair of Oakley Radars with the G30 lenses in them but they were stolen the first round i had them out at. SO after looking at a ton of options they have for sunglasses including transition golf lenses on a few pairs and lots of different styles... i decided to get the Diablo Q-School Sunglasses with the Crystal Brushed Smoke/Grey glasses with the NEOX Lenses in them. They have an all black and an all white model but i went with the brushed smoke because i thought they looked good and would match more golf outfits. I have never worn sunglasses when i play before because i have trouble reading greens with regular sunglasses and i hate taking them on and off and having my eyes adjust to the sun and shade. I was really looking forward to getting them out on the course to try them out and reading greens. I got my first round with them yesterday and worked on my putting today for about 2 hours and i can say i'm really impressed with the way these look and feel. The Rubber nose pads and padding on the top and also around the ear really help the glasses stay put and add comfort. I also can read the break really well with these on and they really bring out the textures and depth of the greens as well. The whole package from these is really nice they are on the lower price range from their glasses at $95 retail they transition lense glasses are the highest at $199 but i'm happy that they are under $100 so if they get lost or stolen i won't be as upset as i was when my oakleys got stolen. They came with a cloth cleaning bag to put them in as well as a hard case which i thought was really nice since i can keep them in my golf bag and not worry about them getting broken or scratched. Its nice to have an option to not wear a hat and rock some shades on the course.

Heres some specs from the Callaway Website on them...

LENS: NEOX NX14

• Original high performance NEOX formula
  • Enhanced distance vision
  • Superior depth perception
  • Slightly darker Blue Grey, 14% light transmission

FRAME: CLASSIC STYLING ON AND OFF COURSE

• Lightweight TR90 Grilamid construction
  • Full frame protection
  • Wrapped lens shape for maximum coverage
  • Ergonomically shaped

FIT: MED-LARGE HEAD SHAPE

• Secure ergonomic wrap
  • Megol rubber nose pads and ear tips for secure non-slip fit

Some Pictures of the glasses and case and bag....

DSC00855_zpsf04ce962.jpg
DSC00856_zps02965f1a.jpg
DSC00857_zps5d1987a9.jpg
DSC00858_zps1956af2e.jpg
DSC00859_zps6c2c9feb.jpg
DSC00860_zpsbbd55acd.jpg

Nice write up Buck, I really like the model that I have, I wear them all the time on and off the course. If I were to get a new pair I'd definitely get that pair you have pictured, that is a great looking style and the #ZooCrew guys were looking dapper in them for sure. I know you look like a stud in them too, I think the THP peeps need a modeling pic buddy!

Pic's don't matter unless you are sporting them!

Nice Buck. I have the other style lenses that are tan/gold and really like how they light up the course when I have them on. Really brings the golf ball out. Let's see that Risky Business look from ya Buck!

Look good buck! Remind me of the old school Oakley Frogskins.

TGIF #Teamcallaway photo

u5yhe9ej.jpg

Nice Buck. I have the other style lenses that are tan/gold and really like how they light up the course when I have them on. Really brings the golf ball out. Let's see that Risky Business look from ya Buck!

I'm in socks in the picture you just can't see my feet!

Good feedback Buck, they seem to fit you well.

Those frames style and color are awesome!

Nice shades Buck! I have a pair of Natives that are the same color (frames and lenses) but just a little smaller with a different lens shape. Love 'em, and love yours!

Those are pretty sick, I may have to try those out at the outing. I'm particular about how glasses fit, but if those stay on my face I will be ordering them for sure.

Those are pretty sick, I may have to try those out at the outing. I'm particular about how glasses fit, but if those stay on my face I will be ordering them for sure.

they have so many different styles i'm sure you can find something that fits good. I am the same way about being particular.... i took a gamble a little bit on these i wasn't sure how they would fit/look but i like them. i kinda am interested in the transition lenses i think they would be cool

nice shades man, I've been looking for a new pair of glasses ever since I broke my Maui jim's last year (so far only holding the place with cheap sunglasses). I'll have to look into the cally collection.

Looks PIMP!

they have so many different styles i'm sure you can find something that fits good. I am the same way about being particular.... i took a gamble a little bit on these i wasn't sure how they would fit/look but i like them. i kinda am interested in the transition lenses i think they would be cool

No doubt, they have several styles that are more similar to what I usually wear (flak jackets), but yours just look sick. With the soft ruber nose pieces I think those might could work for me. I have tried Way Farers and Frog skins, but don't like the hard nose pieces.

No doubt, they have several styles that are more similar to what I usually wear (flak jackets), but yours just look sick. With the soft ruber nose pieces I think those might could work for me. I have tried Way Farers and Frog skins, but don't like the hard nose pieces.

i think i have a weird head shape so its just hard to find stuff that doesn't look weird. i usually wear oakley gascans.

Nice writeup Buck! I have looked at these before..I have a couple of pair of golf shades now, Bolle Parole with the Eagle Vision2 lenses and Oakley Flak Jackets with G30 lenses....but I'm a sunglass HO like you are with putters...hehe

I may have to snag a pair of these.

Great writeup Buck. I had been thinking about upgrading my older Callaway glasses. I happened to get an email from RockBottomGolf after reading this so I decided to peruse. They have a pair of Diablo Extreme glasses with the NEOX lenses in them for $39.99. I decided to give them a shot since you like them so much. I too have a grande cabeza so I like the fact that they fit well on you as well. Thanks buddy.

For anyone interested:
http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/callaway-golf-mens-diablo-xtreme-sunglasses.html#

Looking sharp!

nice Buck. I'm a fan of their shades.

I believe those are the exact same kind I won in the You See It, You Win contest, and they are sweet. I really like them. I got to wear them once before my wife stole them from me. I'm getting them back soon, though. I just have to figure out how.

Back