New member from New Zealand.

SaffaClint

Reaction score
Handicap
+2.3
Hey all, I have recently joined/registered after lurking on the site for ages. I'm 34, live in a tiny town in mid Canterbury, New Zealand and have been away from the game for a little over 5 years. I tore my plantar fascia 95% of the way through in a bad accident and after 2 years of being misdiagnosed was finally diagnosed correctly. After the accident I honestly never saw myself being able to walk properly, let alone stand for any length of time. As a result I sold my clubs and turend my back on the game.
After a series of operations and rehab I borrowed a set of rubbish second hand clubs from a workmate and headed for a round at a nearby championship course, Terrace Downs, google it. Force of habit had me heading straight to the black tees and after a 78 I had the bug and knew I'd be able to play as well as I had when I stopped playing 5 years ago. Back then I ranged between scratch and +1 so the idea of picking the game up and not being able to play that well again scared me.
I've ordered a set of Cobra Amp Cell Pro irons 4-GW, 2 Bridgestone J40 black oxide wedges in 54* & 58*, an Adams A12 Pro hybrid 20*, and am going to order a SC Newport Select Notchback soon. Can't decide on what driver and fairway I'd like. Being here in NZ it's hard to find stock other than Callaway, Titleist, TM and not much else. Any advice appreciated.
Thanks and sorry about the long rambling story, lol.

Welcome to :thp:

Well done on getting back into it after the injury

Thanks bud, irons are being built by Cobra at the moment, wedges should be here tomorrow, hybrid a few days away and then to choose driver etc so a few weeks away from being back to it properly but yea, super excited and keen !

Welcome to THP, mate. Glad you're back. I'm in Victoria, AUS. Cheap fares to NZ are always tempting. Looking to golf there in the next 12 months.

Hi and welcome to the site. Im also from NZ, Taranaki to be exact. Its good to see another kiwi here. Glad to hear you are back in the game. I just started back last year after about 10 yrs out.

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!! Nice to see the Cobra order!! :D

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP. Im glad to see your recovered and playing again!!

Welcome to THP.

:welcome:

welcome to THP

Howdie and welcome to :thp: forums :hello:

Welcome!!!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP!

welcome to THP

Welcome aboard!

Tapa Slice

Welcome to THP!

Glad to have you on board and good luck with the new sticks.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Hey man, good to see another Kiwi around here. I'm down in Central Otago.

78 off the blacks at Terrace Downs is very impressive! Although unless its blowing 70kph from the NW then it doesn't count :act-up:

Back