Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demo Day at Reunion is in on a Friday. Does that mean you're only going to be hitting wedges that day?

he can hit all the clubs he wants, they just cant be pondered unless they are wedges

rtx%20wedges_203848.jpg

mmmmmmmrotex.
I fondled these for a while last night at the big box store. I was imagining the black with a black KBS shaft.

Let me expand on the Nike #WPF...

Standard sole, Available in all lofts. and 8,10,14* degrees of bounce I believe.
20130501_174709_zps75e370e9.jpg

Hosel Stamp, This was stamped on each wedge in either H, M, or L designations. The Nike rep didn't really seem to know what it was for, but it seemed to correspond to the sole.
20130501_174918_zps648a8818.jpg

I know WE has already posted this one, but this is the undercut on the Wide sole model. Its a big wide sole, but has amazing turf interaction. I think this sole is only available in the 56-58-60* configurations
20130501_174955_zps4662a0a1.jpg

Heres the face, has the X3X milling on it as well and you can see the double stamped deep grooves. These have some bite.
20130501_174719_zps3aac06e5.jpg

Looks wise you can see in the first pic that I posted that the top half of the back is a brushed satin and the bottom have is shiny chrome. Its a very very bright finish. I'm more a black nickel, black ox guy so these didn't do anything for me, but they did have a black ox that I didn't get a pic of and its was still wrapped in the plastic but it looked like the standard Nike black ox finish, maybe just a little shinier, almost like a black nickel. But that could be from just being wrapped in the plastic still. If anyones got any questions about my time with them, fire away as I spent a fair amount of time with them.

Demo Day at Reunion is in on a Friday. Does that mean you're only going to be hitting wedges that day?

I will hit all clubs, but will reserve my ponders for the following day.

Are you playing this weekend? Fedex needs to LOCK IT UP!

Nah, gotta spend time with the Doc and we have to hash out some trip/financial things...could get ugly.

Plus, I have to install the white/lime KBS customs and Niion's!

Been pondering new grips and a 588 RTX 56 degree for a while..... but no one for 200 kms has the wedges, or any of the freekin grips I want.

Starting to go though withdrawal from not purchasing gear.

Nah, gotta spend time with the Doc and we have to hash out some trip/financial things...could get ugly.

Plus, I have to install the white/lime KBS customs and Niion's!

uh oh, if need be, you can reroute some packages my way :angel:

Pondering swapping shafts, I need to get on an optimizer. But going graphite sounds fun.

#WPF!!!! Oh wait, I just bought wedges. I'm actually done pondering for a second, maybe two. My wallet needs a break!

Those Nike wedges look interesting. Would like to see the black ones.

being a poor student sucks when it comes to golf. can't buy anything..

being a poor student sucks when it comes to golf. can't buy anything..

Good motivation to become a diligent student. So you can get a good job and afford golf stuff.

Good motivation to become a diligent student. So you can get a good job and afford golf stuff.
yeah that's why im trying to get a job at one of my home courses..

yeah that's why im trying to get a job at one of my home courses..

I would also recommend being good at school. Maybe not short term return, but long term it's a better option than an employee discount at a course.

I would also recommend being good at school. Maybe not short term return, but long term it's a better option than an employee discount at a course.
yeah, i know, but it's a decent job for being 17...

hah, I don't know why you'd want to ponder too much Jack, you've got a pretty sweet set of equipment for a 17 year old!
i know but it's hard not to see a set of, for example, rbldz tour, or xhp's, then look over at my 7 or 8 year old set of irons and just think how cool it would be to have a new set of irons or new wedges or different putters to choose from if one just isn't clicking or whatever..

i know but it's hard not to see a set of, for example, rbldz tour, or xhp's, then look over at my 7 or 8 year old set of irons and just think how cool it would be to have a new set of irons or new wedges or different putters to choose from if one just isn't clicking or whatever..

If you weren't on this site you'd never think about all that stuff :D

You just have to know what you can and can't get looking and pondering is fun. I've never pondered anything the way I ponder golf stuff before I joined here. But I realize my limits based on cash flow. Easier said than done.

Let me expand on the Nike #WPF...

Hosel Stamp, This was stamped on each wedge in either H, M, or L designations. The Nike rep didn't really seem to know what it was for, but it seemed to correspond to the sole.
20130501_174918_zps648a8818.jpg

High/Medium/Low bounce?

High/Medium/Low bounce?

That's was the conclusion i came to, but the 10* bounce 52* I hit was labeled as an H Bounce but I don't really call that high...more like a mid bounce to me. But considering they don't get lower than 8 I guess that would be a high bounce for them.

Dude...I'm playing a set irons I built when I was in high school my JR. year in the fall of 97. Do I want new irons, sure. Do I make enough money to afford new irons, sure. Are those the most important thing in my budget to get, nope. New irons and equipment are great when you have the extra funds to do it. You're 17 in highschool on a forum full of people who are successful in their careers that are twice, three times your age who have disposable income to spend on all the newest stuff. You don't have the latest and greatest at your age. I'm playing off a 5 right now and was down to mid-3 last year with a bunch of old equipment that I knew how to get the most out of. Spend your time worrying about getting the most out of what you have and not worrying about your buddy who has the latest. Work on your game and play circles around him. That's what I did in school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back