Rare feats on the golf course. Two hole in ones etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidkjames

Loves drowning golf balls
Reaction score
Handicap
9.8CGA
Last sunday I drove back from Myrtle Beach in time to play with our afternoon group. I played with my cousin, a 67 year old male member (7 handicap) and a 53 year old female member (20 handicap). On the 14th hole DP the 67 year old male member hit a hole in one which was his 6th career ace. We were all pretty excited and several groups saw it go in. Then on the 17th hole the lady in our group hit her first ace with about 3 groups seeing the result. Needless to say it was the talk of the club for the afternoon when we got done.

It was just about the most amazing thing I had ever seen in my golfing career to get to witness two aces in the same round 3 holes apart by two folks on opposite ends of the skill spectrum. Statiscally speaking its about 15million to 1 odds for that to happen so the Charlotte Observer is doing a story on it asking us all questions about it. What is the rarest thing you have seen on the golf course?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/08/06/2509687/amateurs-sink-2-aces-in-1-round.html

Last edited:
i felt special to see just 1 ace! thats amazing that you got a chance to see two! the odds of that happening are just crazy!

An older gentleman in his 70s, who I've played with numerous times, made holes-in-one on the same hole on consecutive days a few years ago. He's ~ 18 handicap. 125-yard hole.

An older gentleman in his 70s, who I've played with numerous times, made holes-in-one on the same hole on consecutive days a few years ago. He's ~ 18 handicap. 125-yard hole.

That's pretty impressive... As is 2 in a day from your group

Tap tap taparoo

A few years back I was playing in a threesome with my Dad and Uncle. On the 7th hole my Dad holed out for eagle from 173 yards, you figure that would be the highlight of the day. That was until we reached #11, I holed out for a double eagle from 198 yards and as we were approaching the green my uncle holed out from 100 yards for eagle on the same hole. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened too many times.

In the county amateur tourney I played in my friend made it to the final round. 6th hole a long par 3 made an ace. 13th hole misses a second ace by less than a foot. I think he would have quit if he made the second one.

A few years back I was playing in a threesome with my Dad and Uncle. On the 7th hole my Dad holed out for eagle from 173 yards, you figure that would be the highlight of the day. That was until we reached #11, I holed out for a double eagle from 198 yards and as we were approaching the green my uncle holed out from 100 yards for eagle on the same hole. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened too many times.

That is because ya'll are awesome!!!

I tend to chip in and hole out alot more when I play with you guys. Let's not forget my no try hole in one at Aiken CC. You guys bring me luck!!!

That is because ya'll are awesome!!!

I tend to chip in and hole out alot more when I play with you guys. Let's not forget my no try hole in one at Aiken CC. You guys bring me luck!!!

I also clubbed you on that hole in one so I take partial credit.

A friend and I were playing a few years ago, we were both short on approach to a par 4, just about the same position, about 15 feet apart. He chipped in for birdie, and I followed by doing the same.

A few years ago I heard about 2 cousins that were playing together and had back-to-back aces on the same hole.

Nice! and nice ace story james. It would be fun to witness something like this. I'd be happy with a couple birdies in a row first :)

In a college match, I made back to back eagles on a pair of par 5 holes to start a round (my teammate made one on one of them as well). My buddy took a picture of the carry board that had my name on it at -4 thru 2. Was pretty cool. Back in the day of hitting 1 irons....

I also saw a 165 yard par 3 where a group of guys all hit their shots to within a foot of the hole (back when I used to mow greens at a private course in college) The amazing part was all these guys were in their 70's and 80's.

That's a sick story. I would have made them buy you a few rounds for their accomplishments. That's just an amazing thing to even be a part of. I hope you guys play another round together.

I seldom get to see anything awsome, lol. I did get to see one hole in one this year, my first ever seeing someone do it. I had one go in this year, but it went in on the fly and came right back out. I almost cried right there, haha

I made a par last week, thats pretty rare.

I once saw three in holes in one in one day at a junior par three tournament. One in my daughter's group. One while waiting to tee off on the first hole. And one in the group in front of my daughter while we were backed up on a tee. It was crazy.

Kevin

Watched a buddy of mine hit his first hole in one, and then in a match about a week or two later, he hit his second.

I once saw I guy blade a 6 iron to a par 3 that was all water and skipped it 4 times rolled up the bank and in the cup. When I was younger the course in my hometown had a 120 yard par 3 with trees all around the green, saw a Man and his young son playing together,....kid was probably 11 or 12...kids hits his shot slices into the trees, we hear KA-THUNK and it comes out of the trees bounces on the cart path lands on the green and rolls in the cup!

I thought the Dad was gonna faint!

I've yet to get or even witness a ace yet.

Updated the post with a link to the story in the Charlotte Observer.

Witnessed my friends 1st and only Albatross. Tee shot left him with 223. He decided to cut the corner and go for the green so he grabbed his hybrid. We saw it land on the green but when we got up there... no ball on the green. We looked behind the green as he knew he caught it well. After a few minutes looking he went to the hole, looked down and there she sat. Don't know what the best part of it was.... holing out from 223 yds or calling the shot... as he grabbed the hybrid he had me back the cart up as he said he was going through gap in the trees on the corner. Threaded it!

Anyone else with a double eagle or albatross?

Anyone else with a double eagle or albatross?

While I have 7 aces, I've only had one double eagle and missed a bunch of them tho.

Mine was a blind approach on a short par 5 at Ramblewood CC in S NJ.

The hole was usually a lay up hole, since you had a creek where a huge drive could reach, that day tees were a little back and I ripped a driver down the middle of the FW almost to the creek.

I take a 7 iron out and the shot is uphill to a blind pin on a kidney green, huge bunker in front of pin and woods behind the green.

Guys I'm playing with are all great shot, then we arrive at the green and the ball is gone. I check bunker, no in it, we start to looking behind green kicking long grass and weeds to find the ball.

NOTHING

Few minutes into the search one guy says check the hole, another guy does, my ball is in it.

DOUBLE EAGLE

Now I have drive lots of par 4's over the years, have been INCHES around the cup, but no aces on a par 4. I have even driven some short par 5's with doglegs cutting off woods and such.

But that blind 7i that day was special.

Anyone else with an actual double eagle here?

They are RARE.

My son has two of them but I've never had one.

I saw two eagles flying the other day. That's kinda like a double eagle. There where no hotties with either eagle.

If I was you, he would be buying my lottery tickets if you do that type of wagering.
2 Double Eagles in one life, he is very very LUCKY and most likely a highly skilled PLAYER.Con
Congrats on a great gene pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back