Bridgestone J40 Wedges

I am all ready to go

You guys care to elaborate?

No Erik! It's a secret! Haha

So, I am going with two wedges.

Getting a 52* bent to 50* with a PXi 6.0 put in to it. Then getting a 54* with the spinner.

I'll be getting the black oxide wedges and getting them bent 1* flat.

I decided to go with two wedges instead of three, because I feel like I can get better use with a club at the top of my bag instead of a 58*. That may not make a ton of sense to some people but I am used to taking half and 3/4 shots with a PW to chip and the versatility that these wedges offer with the variable sole will allow me to tinker with the top some more.

I am excited to get these bad boys.

I will be going with the Satin Chrome....me no likey rust :D

52* bent to 50 with Aerotech i95 regular flex shaft
54*/58* with DG Spinners
All 1* Upright
Lamkin REL 3Gen Blue Grips

I'm picking my bounces based on available, or a bend-to option. I can adjust to yardage but I can't adjust to improper bounce fitting.

I will be going with 3 wedges. 52 bent to 50, and then a 54 and 58 in the black oxide. Going with NCAA Ohio State shafts on each.

No Erik! It's a secret! Haha

So, I am going with two wedges.

Getting a 52* bent to 50* with a PXi 6.0 put in to it. Then getting a 54* with the spinner.

I'll be getting the black oxide wedges and getting them bent 1* flat.

I decided to go with two wedges instead of three, because I feel like I can get better use with a club at the top of my bag instead of a 58*. That may not make a ton of sense to some people but I am used to taking half and 3/4 shots with a PW to chip and the versatility that these wedges offer with the variable sole will allow me to tinker with the top some more.

I am excited to get these bad boys.

It makes perfect sense to me. I will be going with a similar set-up this year because I really didn't use the 58* as much as i expected this year. The variable bounce tech on these really makes them versitile.

I will be going with 3 wedges. 52 bent to 50, and then a 54 and 58 in the black oxide. Going with NCAA Ohio State shafts on each.

I pondered that setup and those shafts, not quite sure what I'm gonna do though

I'm sticking with the 58 because I am getting pretty good at flop shots when I am close to the green and don't have much to work with. The 60 has always been my go to club for that shot.

I thought the J40 wedges had variable bounce?
There is 10.5 - 12.5 of bounce between the 54-58. But that changes when you open of close the face.

I am not at home to look at the chart, but if I get a 54 and 56, and have the 56 Bantu 58, it will get me 14° on the Lobwedge and standard on the strong sand wedge.

Bent to. Not Bantu. You rule Siri

There is 10.5 - 12.5 of bounce between the 54-58. But that changes when you open of close the face.
Thanks. That would make sense, and is probably the reason I never got along with the 50* J40 wedge I gamed for a while last year.

Just got my 52, 56, 60 setup and am eager to put them into play. I usually like a low bounce lob wedge so I'm interested to see how this variable bounce works.

Order is in... I hope these ship quickly!! :D

I ordered:

Loft - 52* (bent to 50* ), 54* and 58*
Finish - Satin finish for all 3 wedges.
Grip - Lamkin R.E.L. 3 GEN - Color: Purple
Lie - 1* Flat for all 3 wedges
Shafts - Project X 5.5 Flighted For all 3 wedges

My order is in too! Can't wait to get them and start dialing them in...since I rely on my scrambling ability I want as much time with them as I can.

My order is in too! Can't wait to get them and start dialing them in...since I rely on my scrambling ability I want as much time with them as I can.

What did you go with Tim? Im locked in on the lofts just need to finalize the shafts.

Lofts - 52*(BENT TO 53*) - 56*(BENT TO 58*)
Finish - Satin
Grip - Lamkin REL 3GEN White (+3 wraps under bottom half of grip)
Lie - STD
Shafts - +1" Aerotech i95 Stiff

Finish - Satin
Lie - STD

what shaft u go with thain?

Finish - Satin
Lie - STD
Shafts - +1" Aerotech i95 Stiff

Curious why you would bend the 56* to 58* instead of just ordering the 58*? Wanted the higher bounce?

I like it boys. Hope you get them quickly and can start to dial them in.

Order in!

Lofts - 52*(Bent to 50*) and 54*
Finish - Black Oxide
Grip - Blue Lampkin R.E.L. 3GEN (+4 wraps)
Lie - 1* flat
Shafts - In the 52* that is bent to a 50* -> Project Xi 6.0
In the 54* -> Dynamic Gold Spinner

Order in!

Finish - Black Oxide
Lie - 1* flat

I love it. 2 wedge set up is gonna rock for you man

I love it. 2 wedge set up is gonna rock for you man

I'm pretty excited about it. I think it's going to work out perfectly to be honest! Can't wait to get them in the bag!

Order in!

Finish - Black Oxide
Lie - 1* flat

I like this....that PXi in the 50* is going to be a sweet club!!

Back