UST Mamiya Recoil Shafts Review Thread

Valid curiosity there Chunky, I know the 110's and 125'a are listed as "low/mid" IIRC, so perhaps the 95's would be the ticket then for sure.

I wonder if the weight would screw me up though. It would be an interesting experiment.

I wonder if the weight would screw me up though. It would be an interesting experiment.

It would be interesting for sure, you'd need to make sure your swing weights were on for sure, that may aid in such a situation...theoretically of course...right? Haha

It would be interesting for sure, you'd need to make sure your swing weights were on for sure, that may aid in such a situation...theoretically of course...right? Haha

I'm going to talk to a guy and see what he says. I really would love to try the 110's in the XF's. I'm going to ask him if he thinks it would be an issue going from 110 to 95 in the same set

Good luck out there with the new shafts. As nice as the C Kuas are, I think their weight limits them a bit.

I'm going to talk to a guy and see what he says. I really would love to try the 110's in the XF's. I'm going to ask him if he thinks it would be an issue going from 110 to 95 in the same set

Now that is a creative thought sir.

That's what my aerotechs do. Ascending weights

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

attachment.php

No graphics! Like nothing at all. I guess I have only the word of the seller, although I don't know of any graphite iron shafts that look like this.

Im going to hold off on any feedback until after my round on Saturday, but suffice it to say, I am really excited to put these in play. I saw some things at the range that intrigue me more than I ever thought they could.

Im going to hold off on any feedback until after my round on Saturday, but suffice it to say, I am really excited to put these in play. I saw some things at the range that intrigue me more than I ever thought they could.

Your intrigue is intriguing the heck out of me.

You hit the Altitudes well. You hit the Altitudes with the C Kuas in them really well. This should be interesting.

Haha JB had his socks knocked off would be my bet. Dudes, these shafts are the real deal. Best shaft I have ever hit. Bar none

Haha JB had his socks knocked off would be my bet. Dudes, these shafts are the real deal. Best shaft I have ever hit. Bar none

Please stop saying things like this. You are going to cost me money.

So, made a little trip to the post office today to pick up a couple of things, low and behold in one box sat something I've been hoping to review ever since the PGA Show...the UST Recoil iron shafts.

I will be putting these through their paces for a THP Frontpage review. To say this review thread caught my eye is an understatement, so to get my hands/swing on a set will be very interesting. I've actually never played a graphite shaft in my irons and traditionally I play shafts in the 115-130g range. However, contrary to the forum review that featured the Proto 125 shafts, this set for review are the Recoil Prototype 110's in F4 (S-Flex) and consist of 4-PW.

DSC_0135-L.jpg

DSC_0130-L.jpg

DSC_0129-L.jpg

DSC_0138-L.jpg

DSC_0136-L.jpg

DSC_0137-L.jpg

For the sake of the review I'll actually be putting these into the setup below (4i Cleveland MT and 5-PW Bridgestone J40 DPC's). Prepping for install tonight so I'm HOPING I'll be able to get them out to the range tomorrow evening. Hopefully I'll also get them out on Monday as I'd like to get to tinker with them before letting them rip at the outing.

DSC_0139-L.jpg

Pictures after install will come as well, of course!

Very nice Jman. That combo should look SWEET.

Looking forward to your thoughts, as well as JBs, on the 110s. I know I was really surprised and very happy with what I saw from the get-go with these shafts. I am still so happy with the feel and performance of these shafts and I know anyone else that tries them will say the same thing.

Awesome James, can't wait to try these out next week!!!

I would really love to give these a try and look forward to Jman and JB's reviews!

Very nice Jman. That combo should look SWEET.

Especially with lime ferrules and green Niion grips...but I digress :alien:

Thanks Dam, I'm eager to put these through their paces.

Looking forward to your thoughts, as well as JBs, on the 110s. I know I was really surprised and very happy with what I saw from the get-go with these shafts. I am still so happy with the feel and performance of these shafts and I know anyone else that tries them will say the same thing.

I was intrigued at the PGA show, but the review on the 125's have made me want to see it first hand for myself. Also, JB has the 95's so there is another level of intrigue there given the higher launch they are supposed to provide than the 110's and 125's, it makes me (like Chunky) wonder how a progressive set would perform.

Awesome James, can't wait to try these out next week!!!

You bet buddy, my bag is your bag, and anyone else's at the outing for that matter.

Color me green Jman..awesome! Want to hit these so bad.

LtEvO TaPpEd

Jman look forward to reading your thoughts

No doubt...I really want to try these!! Awesome James!

Winstar, you can have a go then!

Color me green Jman..awesome! Want to hit these so bad.

LtEvO TaPpEd

Next week dude, like I told Cookie my bag is your bag. Surely we can squeeze in a round together,

Jman look forward to reading your thoughts

You've got me all worked up sir. You know I'll have some long winded thoughts. Hahahaha

Really excited to heat what you think of these Jman. Would like to see Nate take a few swings also. Get his thoughts too.

These have me very intrigued. Ive hit the 110s a few times in a buddys set and they are sweet. I think a progressive set would play nicely.

Well hopefully soon I can start comparing these shafts to the Aerotechs

Back