Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you need everything go to golfworks.com

Also pondering matrix shafts. How sick would a Red Tie look in the Cell? Don't know how it would play for me though. Suppose I could always crank up the loft if it's too low. Hmm...

I'm a White Tie fan.

I'm a White Tie fan.

My Red Tie pondering is a direct result of the White Tie feedback I've seen here. Kind of afraid that the high launch White might get a little balloonish.

I haven't seen that, though I do launch the ball pretty high. I'm a low spinner with the driver in general though. I love the trajectory I get from it.

I haven't seen that, though I do launch the ball pretty high. I'm a low spinner with the driver in general though. I love the trajectory I get from it.

Doesn't the Red Tie spin more than the White? Seems like that might would be beneficial for you. Just my completely uneducated thoughts.

Doesn't the Red Tie spin more than the White? Seems like that might would be beneficial for you. Just my completely uneducated thoughts.

It is listed as a "mid" spinner. IMHO though, its not so much "mid" as much as it just spins a touch more than the black and white....FWIW of course.

I've heard that. Honestly, I'm happy as hell with this set up. The combo gets me right in the sweet spot where I can get a little help on mis-hits, but still keep spin under control on good swings. Took me a long time to find it!

My Red Tie pondering is a direct result of the White Tie feedback I've seen here. Kind of afraid that the high launch White might get a little balloonish.

I can say that I have never seen a single balloon ball. Even with my driver set at 11.5. Granted, that's just me. The white tie isn't as high as it sounds like it could be.

I also think that the black tie is higher launching than people give it credit for.

I've heard that. Honestly, I'm happy as hell with this set up. The combo gets me right in the sweet spot where I can get a little help on mis-hits, but still keep spin under control on good swings. Took me a long time to find it!

Higher spin head that is an animal with a little added loft, low spin shaft with a nice mid-high launch, its perfect for you.

Higher spin head that is an animal with a little added loft, low spin shaft with a nice mid-high launch, its perfect for you.

Really came together when I cranked it open too. This talk makes me want to go hit it right now.

Really came together when I cranked it open too. This talk makes me want to go hit it right now.

I'm just glad you dig it as much as I thought you would and if found a good home.

I'd love to hit the White-Tie in the XHP or RFX, I just need a lower spinning head than the standard Xhot dammit. :banghead:

Thanks guys! Sounds like the white tie might be a-ok then. If I find a deal on one I may have to give it a whirl.

I'm just glad you dig it as much as I thought you would and if found a good home.

I'd love to hit the White-Tie in the XHP or RFX, I just need a lower spinning head than the standard Xhot dammit. :banghead:

I'd like to try it in the AMPlifier.

I'd like to try it in the AMPlifier.

I'd like to hit it in pretty much every driver head out there if we're being honest. Haha

Thanks guys! Sounds like the white tie might be a-ok then. If I find a deal on one I may have to give it a whirl.

Keep an eye out. It's a workhorse of a shaft.

XHP irons. I was so happy with what I saw today. Phenomenal irons

That's awesome dude, I'm glad you like them so far.

Yep! Callaway sent me the 6,9 to demo and while I thought the KBS tours were for sure going to be in these, I am now thinking the project X's would be a good fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back