2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buddy, all we can do (meaning GG and myself) is move on and not say a single word about a single thing, which has been the case for close to 6 months. Sadly others cannot/will not do the same. I guess an event is pretty darn awesome when people are still talking about it. #Compliment #Flattering

It speaks to the awesomeness that you guys have built. Haters gonna hate and I will leave it at that.

I just hope people can realize that this pointless trolling does nothing and people just need to leave it be. Eventually those people get bored when they get no reaction

The next couple of months leading up to the Morgan are going to fun. People prepping, learning their gear, scripting from each OEM, VOLUNTEERS stepping up and making this thing go. Games being taken to new levels. I'm excites for the next two months. Keep it going everyone!

The next couple of months leading up to the Morgan are going to fun. People prepping, learning their gear, scripting from each OEM, VOLUNTEERS stepping up and making this thing go. Games being taken to new levels. I'm excites for the next two months. Keep it going everyone!

Its the best time. Bags getting completed and people getting comfortable with those bags.

You da man dude.

It's amazing how much of an overhaul your game goes through to be part of such an awesome event

Question: Unless I missed it, is anyone gaming the regular Xhots in the MC?

Buddy, all we can do (meaning GG and myself) is move on and not say a single word about a single thing, which has been the case for close to 6 months. Sadly others cannot/will not do the same. I guess an event is pretty darn awesome when people are still talking about it. #Compliment #Flattering

No wonder I was confused about this "grapevine" stuff....never venture to that part of the world.

I love seeing all the different options being chosen for this MC.

1. I think it is super cool that Cleveland has the lofts that match throughout so that we can see the altitude MT TT set that we have and various other combo sets.
2. For Callaway we got people going XHP and others going with the XForged
3. Cobra has some that I assume will be getting the Amp Cell some with the Pros and I know Castor is considering the flow set.
4. Bridgestone staffers with the 2 different choices and some sweet shaft offerings.

I am just happy that we will get to see most everything being offered by all of these companies in someones bag. Bravo guys

yeah buddy. actually, we have a pretty decent split between the AMP Cells and the Pros between the Cobra guys.
and the ACP staffers all went flow set.

Question: Unless I missed it, is anyone gaming the regular Xhots in the MC?

he went XHP, then XHot for his last two...like Gap and Sand in the set, as they don't offer them in lefty.
or something like that.

Yorkem has XH wedges ordered but is going XHP for the rest

It really does the XHP are quite forgiving

Ill admit I was a bit worried when I got the demo irons, but wow they feel and perform very good

Ill admit I was a bit worried when I got the demo irons, but wow they feel and perform very good

I've only hit them once and i was blown away by them

My Morgan Cup order is in too:

Head Chosen – X Hot Pro
Setup – 6-PW
Head Chosen – X Hot
Setup – GW and SW
Dexterity -- LH
Grip - Callaway Crossline Black Grip
Lie – 2* Upright
Length - +1/2”
Shafts – Callaway M75i Tour Graphite

Yorkems order

1. I think it is super cool that Cleveland has the lofts that match throughout so that we can see the altitude MT TT set that we have and various other combo sets.
3. Cobra has some that I assume will be getting the Amp Cell some with the Pros and I know Castor is considering the flow set.
4. Bridgestone staffers with the 2 different choices and some sweet shaft offerings.

I am just happy that we will get to see most everything being offered by all of these companies in someones bag. Bravo guys

I think Bridgestone really brought it (again) by giving probably the most inclusive list of shafts of the OEMs in the Morgan Cup. The J40 line is incredibly solid, but they could have just as easily said only stock, or given us a list of some shafts to work with. They went above and beyond by allowing us to pick anything, and because of that, I think the Bridgestone guys are going to be deadly with their equipment.

Not that I'm biased or anything.... :alien:

It's amazing how much of an overhaul your game goes through to be part of such an awesome event

I be completely honest, I thought this would be a cake walk. I figured I had the chops and could get it on at anytime. This process has shown be that your game is only as good as you make it. Equipment is cool but if its not tailored to your game it's just equipment.

Going through a full fitting is making my equipment part of my game. It's also showing me how to become a better player. I guess I got away from what I preach which is smart practice. I'm focused more on my entire game and how each part works to help the rest.

Being in the Morgan Cup is not only an honor but a challenge to each and everyone of us to stand and deliver the best we have at all cost. We each go about it in different ways but I feel that we will all come together in MB and and as my sponsor says #BRINGIT

But I digress, because I think Cobra guys got all their first choices as well. Either way, all these OEMs have been awesome.

All the Sponsors have been great with the equipment...its amazing what they do for 32 "hacker's" from a website....they roll out the red carpet and treat us like we are a regular part of their staff....It's pretty amazing!

I think Bridgestone really brought it (again) by giving probably the most inclusive list of shafts of the OEMs in the Morgan Cup. The J40 line is incredibly solid, but they could have just as easily said only stock, or given us a list of some shafts to work with. They went above and beyond by allowing us to pick anything, and because of that, I think the Bridgestone guys are going to be deadly with their equipment.

Not that I'm biased or anything.... :alien:

This is the truth. All the OEMs are really bringing it this year. I love it

2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

I did go with the flow! :) AMP Cell Pro flow set was ordered indeed.

I be completely honest, I thought this would be a cake walk. I figured I had the chops and could get it on at anytime. This process has shown be that your game is only as good as you make it. Equipment is cool but if its not tailored to your game it's just equipment.

Going through a full fitting is making my equipment part of my game. It's also showing me how to become a better player. I guess I got away from what I preach which is smart practice. I'm focused more on my entire game and how each part works to help the rest.

Being in the Morgan Cup is not only an honor but a challenge to each and everyone of us to stand and deliver the best we have at all cost. We each go about it in different ways but I feel that we will all come together in MB and and as my sponsor says #BRINGIT

I hear ya. Last year when i got into the MC i was a 17.5 HC and worked really hard on my game to get it to the level i felt it needed to be. The week before the MC my HC had only come down to 16.5, something i was really disappointed with considering the hard work i had put in. I then began to worry about my game holding up under the conditions in MB. The heat, playing on different types of grass and ad to that the pressure of proposing to my missus. I was a nervous wreck.

This time around i'm currently an 11 HC and i know my game will hold it's own. What i'm trying to say is that people will possibly put to much pressure on themselves to get their game to a certain place. When what they need to do is like you said "smart practice"

And remember everybody knows that's all 32 are going out to give it there best.

I hear ya. Last year when i got into the MC i was a 17.5 HC and worked really hard on my game to get it to the level i felt it needed to be. The week before the MC my HC had only come down to 16.5, something i was really disappointed with considering the hard work i had put in. I then began to worry about my game holding up under the conditions in MB. The heat, playing on different types of grass and ad to that the pressure of proposing to my missus. I was a nervous wreck.

This time around i'm currently an 11 HC and i know my game will hold it's own. What i'm trying to say is that people will possibly put to much pressure on themselves to get their game to a certain place. When what they need to do is like you said "smart practice"

Well said buddy! You and I were pretty much in the same boat last year...well all except the playing on different grass.

We worked our butts off to get better, and I think it showed that weekend....there was some phenominal golf played that weekend by low and high handicappers.....granted, everybody there will hit bad shots...we are all amatuers...doesn't matter if it's Jake, Freddie, War Eagle, Me, You...we will all hit bad shots...the key is to not let that bad shot get you down.

Like you said...we are all going out there and giving it our very best and put on a great show for our sponsors and for all the members of THP!

Here's what's great, since we've not gotten on the Road to the Morgan Cup talk, is that each one of us are dads, fathers, boyfriends, attending school, working 9-5 jobs (some more!), men of different faiths and living life one day at at time. But yet, we will all be drawn to this one place in July to experience something we've never experienced before including the guys that have done this before. We will all share that common bond and be able to share it with each other for years to come. That to me is what this is about and why I am playing. No more, no less. I have met some wonderful people along the way thus far and will continue to form bonds with others that will last a lifetime. That is the journey for me. That is what I hope happens to each of us that ascend on Myrtle Beach this July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back