Gotta love the Golf Channel......

fastbasser

Reaction score
Handicap
With the single most important issue in golf decided yesterday, (anchoring) the entire show today is about Sergios comment. I keep switching back and it seems to be more important than the rules of golf to them.

I guess they feel they can get better reviews talking about that..... Back to Mike and Mike I guess....

:banghead:

I'm kinda sick of hearing about the "anchoring" issue. It's not an issue. It's done and over with. Get used to it.

The Sergio drama will attract more viewers. It's a "hot topic" type of thing in todays Media. I couldnt care less where someone wants to stick a putter.

With the single most important issue in golf decided yesterday, (anchoring) the entire show today is about Sergios comment. I keep switching back and it seems to be more important than the rules of golf to them.

I guess they feel they can get better reviews talking about that..... Back to Mike and Mike I guess....

I think that hints of racism in a game that has been marred by racism not only against blacks but many other races or religions is a little bigger than the putter rule. There's absolutely no room for it in todays times and it shouldn't be tolerated in any fashion. It is a story.

everyone in golf has talked anchoring to death over the last few months. What else is there to say? Yesterday added nothing new other than confirming the ban being passed.

They covered the anchoring ban enough over the past year or how ever long they've been talking about banning it. Time to move one, unfortunately about an issue that should have been left behind decades ago.

This is why I don't watch golf channel, THP is all I need for golf info.

Just goes to show that you can't be everything to everybody.

At this point I think everything that can be said about anchoring has been said. I'm tired of hearing about it. Mountain out of a mole hill if you ask me.

I agree, the only thing left to talk about with anchoring is what the PGA does. If they don't go with it then it is a big story if they do (they need to IMO) then it's yesteryears news. Whereas Sergio is a Jack a$& and the bad press will help him feel that way maybe.

I agree the anchoring issue is now old news. As for Serg...it's time for him to move on and just concentrate on his golf game.

In all the idiocy the Sergio has spouted, one small thing has been overlooked. Fried chicken is delicious, I'm a black man and i love fried chicken.
There, I got that off my chest.

I would say they spent a lot of time on the anchoring yesterday and in the grand scheme of things the Sergio comments will pull in a lot more viewers.

What is there to talk about with anchoring? They have beaten it to death :deadhorse:

It is time to move on and discuss something else

In all the idiocy the Sergio has spouted, one small thing has been overlooked. Fried chicken is delicious, I'm a black man and i love fried chicken.

Greatest post!!!!
Im white and I do too. Add waffles and its even better.

Add some macaroni and cheese and a biscuit and you've got one of my favorite meals of all time.

The anchoring issue is done. Move on. We live in a world of the 24 hour news cycle and Sergio's comments are the story of the day.

I was looking forward to having a channel dedicated to nothing but golf. We had a version in the UK for a while, but as it couldn't actually show any live golf, it didn't last too long. I gotta say though, I don't watch it nearly as much as I thought I would. With the exception of Frank Nobilo, they seem to have a policy of hiring only idiots! Kelly Tilghman and Brandel Chamblee particularly stand out here. I don't really like their tournament coverage, and yes I know it's an American market, but even with a huge tournament like the BMW PGA taking place, the coverage of the European Tour is woeful. Thank god I can still get sky over here on my laptop.

Lol. Great post.

I'm white and I love fried chicken. I also love watermellon. I cant get enough of it in the summer. When it is very sweet and sugary my two kids and I can put down the whole thing.
Funny story- One day at work with a black co-worker for lunch we both had a good laugh. I am of italian decent and here we were both eating lunch. On this day I had gone out and got something while he brought food from home. We were sitting there eating and simultaniously started laughing cause he had pasta from his wife's dinner night before and i went out and came back with popey's fried chicken. We both had a great laugh about it.

Stereotypes are more funny than hurtful in my opinion. They are just words. There are idiots in every race, people just need to get past it.

Stereotypes are more funny than hurtful in my opinion. They are just words. There are idiots in every race, people just need to get past it.

They can be pretty hurtful and if you think racist comments are funny, you need to grow up. Perhaps instead of the rest of us just getting past it, people need to stop being so rude and hateful.

Sent from my grain flow forged iPhone using Tapatalk

They can be pretty hurtful and if you think racist comments are funny, you need to grow up. Perhaps instead of the rest of us just getting past it, people need to stop being so rude and hateful.

easy there skim shady, he is not being hurtful and seems to,have a good grasp on the situation.

Wow, all I was saying was that I refuse to let simple words hurt me.

I noticed the same thing this morning. Sergio screwed up and I think he knows it, but all morning talking about it was pretty lame.

Back