Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

Too much some of something. If I got the results JB did, these would be in the bag.

Too much some of something. If I got the results JB did, these would be in the bag.

I couldn't agree more, It was astounding to watch JB and G4L hit these.

Obviously, I have been gaming these for a bit now but I am really excited to put the DW into play. I will be using that baby from the 80-110 range so it will get quite a bit of use!

For Buck and G4L, that would be the 115-140 range. :D

Looking good cookie. Just in time for Winstar.

Cookie that is one amazing set!

Awesome set of sticks Cookie. I'll be buying in a couple of weeks. Just a question on the shaft choice. Do you know your swing speed? or your launch numbers? I'm interested because I tried the clubs in regular graphite and regular steel and the graphite just felt better. The steel felt "dead", whereas the graphite was so smooth. I'm a moderate swing speed guy( driver carry 240 meters and my 150 meter club is a 7 iron. Thing is I've always had stiff clubs but going from my Ping g15 6 iron to the regular graphite altitude was just chalk and cheese. I had the feeling that the regular was helping me and the stiffG15 was hindering......very impressive. The ball flight I was getting at the cleveland day was spot on, good carry, high, but no ballooning and soft landings.....I dunno maybe I should try the stiff, maybe not.

Like those grips cookie, u gonna toss the headcovers on them?

Awesome set of sticks Cookie. I'll be buying in a couple of weeks. Just a question on the shaft choice. Do you know your swing speed? or your launch numbers? I'm interested because I tried the clubs in regular graphite and regular steel and the graphite just felt better. The steel felt "dead", whereas the graphite was so smooth. I'm a moderate swing speed guy( driver carry 240 meters and my 150 meter club is a 7 iron. Thing is I've always had stiff clubs but going from my Ping g15 6 iron to the regular graphite altitude was just chalk and cheese. I had the feeling that the regular was helping me and the stiffG15 was hindering......very impressive. The ball flight I was getting at the cleveland day was spot on, good carry, high, but no ballooning and soft landings.....I dunno maybe I should try the stiff, maybe not.

Thanks! Driver SS is around 95 per this last weekend. I have not swung the stock steel but really like the stock graphite. The stock graphite is made by UST Mamiya and is an impressive offering.

Not sure offhand how meters converts to yards but can tell you that I carry the driver in the 240-250 yard range (easily measured on a driveable par 4 this past weekend).

Hope this helps!

Like those grips cookie, u gonna toss the headcovers on them?

Thanks Mike. And yes, of course. Every hybrid deserves some headcover loving! Haha

Sweet Cookie! The grips are awesome. Cookie hits these phenomenal!

Good looking...grips cookie. I'd be lying if I said good looking set of clubs. Lol. Play what works though and after hearing about how you, and other people, hit these they sound like a quality set of irons.

Is that a 4 iron or mallet putter? :rotfl:

Is that a 4 iron or mallet putter? :rotfl:

Hey, it may not be the prettiest girl at the ball, but man she packs a wallop. But if 240 yards and straight isn't your thing that's ok.

They get less ugly once you hit them

Hey, it may not be the prettiest girl at the ball, but man she packs a wallop. But if 240 yards and straight isn't your thing that's ok.

Boom.

You need these.

Hell, I think I need these.

Want or need?

A sadistic mixture of both. If love to have a set just to take out now and again for fun, because they are a lot of that.

I had to sell my Nike Slingshot OSS irons because of the clunkiness and my tendency to hit them too high. The ballooning killed my distance, how is the launch of these irons?

High, long, and straight.

Made me want to nap watching cookie hit these.... Long bunker shots, airways, rough...it didn't matter... It was just money for him

Back