Recap & Picture Thread - 2013 THP Outing - The Ultimate Weekend of Golf

Hey all, I won't have a recap up until I'm out of the hospital and can gather my thoughts.

I just want to keep all of you updated. I know that I have been in many of your thoughts and prayers, and you have no idea how much I appreciate that. We are very quickly approaching 48 hours from when I went under the knife (they put me out at 12:38 Central Time). Today has been a much more bearable day, no pain meds since 1AM, I've been sleeping and feeling fairly ok. Stomach is still cramped and not fully right, but they say that can take a few days, so they are holding me until at least tomorrow afternoon. I guess if there's any bright side coming out of this, I'm going to have one helluva scar. It's starts about 2 inches above my belly button, and continues down around the belly button, and ends right at the pelvic bone, so I was sliced nice and wide. Now it's just sore and getting my golfing muscles back. Thanks again for all of your support throughout this difficult time for me.

Dan

So crazy. Glad you are getting better man. Hope to see you at the IL outing...

I have a picture of Villa Crawling One-T :D

I'm pretty sure One-T was the one doing the "villa crawling" with you. At least from what I saw.

It was tastefully done and we do love each other. I have no regrets!

As I've been putting my recap together it makes me a little sad that there may not be another event for me to attend this year. The only one I could make as of right now would be Vegas and that is full.

Anyone else having withdrawals? Lol

As I've been putting my recap together it makes me a little sad that there may not be another event for me to attend this year. The only one I could make as of right now would be Vegas and that is full.

Anyone else having withdrawals? Lol

If there's any way to squeeze yourself in that would be awesome. You never know, someone may cancel.

Cwbonner. I really enjoyed my round with you buddy. You are really consistent with that driver. Always claiming to be the short hitter but you were right there with the rest of the group.

Maybe it means WE hit it short, too. :)

I think I was feeling puny after watching Buck and G4L hit the 5 altitude further than I do a driver! Thanks again to the two of you, I had a blast playing with you.

I think I was feeling puny after watching Buck and G4L hit the 5 altitude further than I do a driver! Thanks again to the two of you, I had a blast playing with you.

Mortals can't compare themselves to Buck and G4L, its just not fair.

Was it as straight though? I doubt it

Was it as straight though? I doubt it

I dunno. That alt 5h was pretty darn straight.

Straight over the 215 marker for those 2.

Into the wind.

With range balls.

#justsaying

Into the wind.

With range balls.

#justsaying

Cookie speaks the truth! Was just amazing to watch.

Into the wind.

With range balls.

#justsaying

everyone knows Altitudes RULE!!!! and can drop you 10 strokes a round and that i still won't play them no matter how many strokes they will save me! hahaha it was fun using them for part of the round on Sunday.

Wednesday
Rolled into MCO with J4U and met Dleavitt offsite for a warmup 18 on what we thought was an easy muni but it turned out to be a hard track that showed my future for the week.
Thanks for playing Dan and I hope you fully recover. It is a shame that you missed so much of the crazy fun over the weekend.
Thursday
We checked in at the resort bright and early. The drive into the resort is awesome as you catch glimpses of incredible golf holes that you know you will be playing soon. Tadashi did a great job organizing the 36 holes on the Watson and Palmer courses. It was good playing with Rhino again as well as meeting cartszenbf and bhillin. Thursday night we all met in the lobby and took over the lobby bar while catching up with old friends and meeting new ones.
Friday
I was met at the range by the most clubs I have ever seen available to hit. I focused on irons as the rest of my bag has been recently purchased (as if that stops any of us). The live webcam ran all morning and I gave my thoughts on several irons. The Adams Super S was the surprise winner for me. The Bridgestone fitting confirmed that I have been playing the right ball and the 18 balls I received were a happy bonus. I think I have 6 left!
Dinner was enjoyable as we ate good food and sat and talked to great people. My number was called to spin the wheel of destiny. I stood up and rubbed Doug’s shaved head for luck and promptly became a loser as the wheel stopped 1/8[SUP]th[/SUP] of an inch to soon. Note to self, J4U’s head is not lucky after all.
Beer and cigars on J4U and Interloopers patio closed out a very good start of the weekend.
Saturday
A 10:00 teetime gave me a chance to sober up some for the “serious” round with my partner Mightyquinn as we paired with Vman and Sighman. My scouting from Thursday did nothing to help me as I shot about the same score. But it was just as entertaining. BMWNola, Interlooper, J4U, and myself headed over to the Nicklaus course to try for an extra 18. We only got to 12 and had to leave as I had to make my rumballs for the Ballsy Villa. Everyone must have gotten really drunk and forgot our Villa as we didn’t win. However everyone else’s villas were good as I ate and drank as much as I could consume in one evening. Jambo, Margs and Key Lime Pie, Cuban sandwich things were some of the highlights. The last thing I put in my mouth was Apple Pie Moonshine.
Sunday
Woke up to the taste of Apple Pie and could not get rid of it for hours. Sighman, bmwnola, idrops and myself played the anchor leg of the outing. Glad it was a 10:20 time as it gave me time to sober up. Front 9 best ball with back 9 scramble made for a fun round.
The outing was once again a home run. I so much enjoyed these three courses over last years. And I would return here again. I’m already looking forward to Vegas and teeing it up again with multiple THPers.

Sunday’s Round on the Watson with Ole Gray, Mr. and Mrs. T2GRN

Sunday’s Round on the Watson with Ole Gray, Mr. and Mrs. T2GRN

Part III

I met T2GRN and his wife at demo day and immediately took a liking to both of them. I was excited that we would be playing a round together on Sunday. Mrs. T2GRN told me that she is pretty new to the game and is taking lessons at Golftec. I thought that was the smartest thing ever. Get it right now before you instill all the bad habits like I did early in my golfing life.

We made it to our cart pretty early since we had an 8:40 tee time. JB surprised me with another dozen B330RX balls in the basket. He said I won them because Team Tattoo had beat Team THP. Heck, I didn’t even realize there were two competitions going and was excited to get another dozen of these great balls. Bridgestone ROCKS and we all know THP rocks too.

OG and I love to play couples golf any chance we get and you won’t find a nicer couple than these two. They cracked me up all day long with their funny remarks to each other. Golf will test the best of a couple’s patience and they reminded me so much of Ole Gray and me. My favorite was when Kevin told Lee that she had hit her long putt too hard and it went right into the hole. He proceeded to hit the same length putt and left it short. He had the funniest grin on his face and tucked his tail and went to the cart. We all had a big laugh from that one!

Lee is in the learning mode and you can see that she is being taught some great moves. She told me she wants us to come back next year and play another round with them so she can show me how much she has improved. I loved her passion and determination and I can’t wait to watch her improvement. I’ve watched another THPer (MaryC) improve over the years and it has been great to see. Golf is such a process. I wish the results were overnight. Go get ‘em Lee and I can’t wait to play with you again!

Kevin can flat out play golf. He was crazy good with his Mizuno 3 iron. Who needs a driver when you can hit an iron like that? How’d you do that Kevin? Your golf skills are there. Why aren’t you scratch? Seriously!

At the end of our round, we said our goodbyes to those who were in the restaurant eating lunch. JB and Morgan presented us with Reunion hats and thanked us for coming. I also received a bunch of hugs from some special friends. It was sweet to hear someone say “I love you Kelly” and know it was sincere. Someone I barely know but we connected through THP through tough times and health issues. I love you too!

We were totally exhausted but in a good way. We left all our energy there but brought back wonderful memories, made new friends for life, and are still grinning thinking of all the good times we had at Reunion with the wonderful people of THP.

Only pics I took

Only pics I took

S5001594.jpg

Pick a bunker, any bunker.

S5001595.jpg

7th on the Palmer. You got to love his gamble holes.

S5001596.jpg

16 on Palmer. Misses left went down into oblivion.

S5001597.jpg

Watson #18 with the beautiful hotel as a backdrop.

S5001594.jpg

Pick a bunker, any bunker.

S5001595.jpg

7th on the Palmer. You got to love his gamble holes.

S5001596.jpg

16 on Palmer. Misses left went down into oblivion.

S5001597.jpg

Watson #18 with the beautiful hotel as a backdrop.

I really wish that I had taken more pictures and had more time to soak in the courses, but I was so overwhelmed.

I had an amazing trip this year and couldn't be more proud to be a part of THP. The people are amazing and JB and GG just flat out get it. I've been slammed since I got home and have another early morning ahead but wanted to jot down a few notes.

Friday
Demo day was solid and I love the amount of clubs we had to hit this year. I also thought the Bridgestone fitting was a great touch. I know many out there had been through it several times, but it was my first experience with a ball fitting and I thought it was really cool. I also really liked the webcam and being able to share my thoughts on the spot. The putting contest was a huge surpise for me as I've never hit a putt of that length before. I was shocked when it went in and I'll cherish my Z3. The banquet that night was also a ton of fun and I enjoyed sitting with my table (Wake, Cwbonner, t2grn and wife, annihilatorand girlfriend, Jersey Nate and Richard ). I was also caught way off guard when I found a free spin under my seat, and even more surprised when I actually won. I've been pondering the amp cell pros ever since I saw them and Im so excited to give them a go as soon as the Morgan Cup is over.

Saturday
My morning group of Jskittle, Howzat and Wake set a great tone for my weekend of golf. None of us played our best, but every guy was as cool as could be and we had a blast. Skittle started off rocky but showed us by the end of the round that he had some serious game. Wake is always one of my favorite THPrs to tee it up with and that morning was no different. Howzat was a guy I've been looking forward to playing with for a long time and I look forward to many rounds in the future. He also won the card and did so while looking sharp in his full Puma outfit. After a hilarious lunch with Wake going off on our terrible waiter we decided to go back out with mward. If you've never played with him do yourself a favor and make it happen. He's a blast to play with and will keep you laughing the whole time. I ended up shooting a personal best that round and I think a lot of it had to do with being comfortable playing with Mike and Austin. The villa crawl that evening was epic and I commend all the villas who participated. My stomach was full by the end and I loved having conversations with different hackers in every villa.

Sunday
I thoroughly enjoyed my morning round with Jersey Nate and Nerfny. They are both incredible people and I felt like I was playing with old friends. It was also fun watching Jenn shoot a pretty amazing round with some killer shots that left me and Nate green with envy. That afternoon I went out and scrambled with bhillin against Bullfrog and biglee. We had a lot of laughs and played some pretty good golf while doing it. We were all pretty exhausted after all of the weekends festivities but we managed some great holes. All three guys were a joy to golf with and I look forward to teeing it up with each of you in the future.

All in all the demo day was incredible and I'm so thankful for this forum and all the awesome people I was able to see again or meet for the first time. I can't wait for July to do it all over again!

Hey all,

Don't want to keep bombarding/hoarding the review area, but I got some more good news on my surgery front. The surgery was Monday morning, and they said I'll be in for a while, which is fine. I ha e been on ice chips only, as they want to make sure the bowel is working correctly, which means before I can have anything other than ice chips I need to pass gas, which I have successfully done now at 3am. Sorry for the TMI I'm just so glad I'll get to start having something other than ice chips starting in the morning.

Hopefully getting out of here today or tomorrow now!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Yay for farts! Good job Dan. :D

It's great news for sure Dan!

Glad for your progress Dan. Question: did the nurse pull your finger, I'm kidding

Wowzers, what an unbelievable weekend; just non-stop fun and excitement from the moment you wake up until you are so damn happy to be falling asleep due to sheer exhaustion!

The wife and I arrived on Thursday afternoon and found ourselves being the first to check into our villa. After getting all unpacked, I wondered around mindlessly with a drink in my hand looking for a portion of the course when I found the 10th tee boxes and recognized Checkered as he came out of the villa to say hi - great dude he is! Head back to the villa and get cleaned up and ready for the meet and greet. Amazing views from the rooftop bar and was great to see everyone making their way up, grabbing a drink, and shooting the breeze. Not long after we migrated downstairs as the menu selection on the rooftop bar was not conducive for a group our size. I got to spend a good while chatting it up with my Saturday competition partner, T2GRN18 (Kevin) and his wife Lee. Super nice people and we talked about anything and everything it seemed.

Friday morning came bright and early with the setup of demo day. Everything went really well during setup and I immediately hopped into the Bridgestone Ball Fitting and got fitted by Sam into the e5's (played them all weekend as well, pretty darm impressed)! Demo day was a blur between hitting clubs, searching for clubs, trying to get some relief from the heat, and then packing everything back up. My favorite moments had to be getting guys to hit the Altitudes and then having some fun hitting the lefty driver upside down as a righty and then swinging left handed and being told my swing looks better as a lefty. Go effin figure.

Saturday morning came and it was competition time! Enjoyed one very fun round with T2GRN18, War Eagle, and OG. Talk about a very relaxed round with lots of laughing, all I could have asked for. Played ok and managed an 84 while my partner put up a solid 81 which put us at 165 and one stroke behind Team THP. Stupid triple bogey...haha. Will not get into the plugged lie or "fried eggs" I had on 1&2....hi Wardy! Saturday afternoon we scrambled to get a time on the Nicklaus course where War Eagle, Tadashi, One-T and I had a fun match going with scramble on the front and AS Shamble on the back. War Eagle and I put up a good fight but finally got closed on 17 when Jarret sticks it to a foot from 155 out. You want to talk about a round with a TON of non stop laughter....this was it. Secretions FTW!

And this is where things went downhill for me......got back to the villa and grabbed a bite to eat and started not feeling too well. Heat exhaustion apparently got me for the first time ever and I spent from 7pm until 2am making trips back and forth to the toilet throwing up everything I swallowed and missing the entire villa crawl. Nothing worse than laying in bed moaning incoherently with stomach cramps listening to everyone have a great time outside your door.

Woke up Sunday feeling almost 100% and had one heck of a good time (when winning :D) with War, Tadashi, and Buckjob. Played the same format from Saturday afternoon and Buck/I hung around on the front 9 either 1 or 2 down until getting hot in the AS and squeaking out a win. Watching Buck move the ball off the tee is insane...that dude will do some damage in the Morgan Cup. Nothing like 25 yard chips for eagle on 340 yard par 4's. Freddie hit some amazing shots from all kinds of lies and is rolling the Versa extremely well. War Eagle had this Bubba Cut working ALL weekend long.....we take completely different ball flights yet continuously found our balls right next to each other on the course. Post round, I immediately jetted as we had to hit the road back to Texas.

It was awesome to rekindle some friendships and make some new ones, I did not manage to talk to as many people as I would have liked to as we seemed to be always on the go but it was one heck of a fun weekend (minus Saturday night). Few random pics from the weekend:

nice recap cookie was great playing with you again! we did get HOT on the back 9 we were a great team!

Thank you!

Thanks to JB and GG and staff for setting up a perfect weekend. And thanks to the great people of THP for being just about the friendliest, most welcoming and laid back group of people you'll come across. From El Paso to British Columbia, over Scotland and Denmark. That's what it's all about! This was my 2nd outing, and I won't hesitate to make it a third should the opportunity arise.

Still in the process of getting back to normal. Five days of golfing in the Florida sun plus a bout of jetlag left it's mark! (it's 2pm and I just got outta bed)

I had a blast this weekend. I played like a true hacker, struggling to break 100. And ofc it didn't matter. Yet I swear, next time I'll be 15 shots better and 30 pounds heavier!
Shout out to my villa mates. Stand up guys that instantly made me feel right at home. Special mention to Richard btw, for great company while the young bucks where punishing themselves with their second rounds.

(sorry for not getting into specifics, but RL is bearing down on me and I'm pressed for time atm)

Hey all,

Don't want to keep bombarding/hoarding the review area, but I got some more good news on my surgery front. The surgery was Monday morning, and they said I'll be in for a while, which is fine. I ha e been on ice chips only, as they want to make sure the bowel is working correctly, which means before I can have anything other than ice chips I need to pass gas, which I have successfully done now at 3am. Sorry for the TMI I'm just so glad I'll get to start having something other than ice chips starting in the morning.

Hopefully getting out of here today or tomorrow now!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Dan just take it easy I had an exploratroy lap before, and I ate to soon and had to have an NG tube put back down, which is no fun. I'm glad you are doing better and wish you a speedy recovery.

Back