Your "inner" music during a round.

Castor Hades

Reaction score
Handicap
6.7 EGA
When I've played a good round of golf, with a good score, usually one of two things have occurred.

1. I've been busy socializing with my group and kind of just fallen in to a zone where I just hit the ball and continue talking.
2. I've been playing some music inside my head, and humming around the course. No electronics, just a song that's repeating in my head.

Do you "hear" music in your head when you play? Do you sing along and/or hum? I do.

What is your theme music, your safe choice what makes you feel relaxed, happy and play good golf?

I've got a few favorites, like Live, Guns n Roses and such but this season has started good with Katy Perry. What are you hearing?

Going good? Ramones, Thin Lizzy, bits of Judas Priest. Something uptempo.

Lately? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5csNO3oMrQ

I had no idea....sounds more impressive if I say it's called Entry of the Gladiators.

Usually whatever was on the radio as I pulled into the parking lot.

Zac Brown Band

Guns and Roses to Katy Perry? Quite the spectrum right there... lol I constantly have music going on in my head, but when I'm playing well it's usually something relaxing like Jimmy Buffett or Zac Brown Band...

I just talked to a buddy about this over this past weekend. I'm ALL over the map, Katy Perry to Garth Brooks to some Eagles and then some Snoop thrown in there. I have no idea what's coming next. It's quite entertaining.

I do actually hear music in my head, but it's usually what was on TV before I headed to the course or in my car on the the way.

Unfortunately, sometimes it's Disney theme songs from TV shoes my kids were watching!!!

Whatever I was listening to in the car on the way over...which for me is usually melodic death metal, metalcore, classic rock, or southern rock.

Proud metalhead here! :rockon:

I usually have The Prodigy in my head, buzzing away. Just something to keep the thoughts at bay.

I golf with an older asian guy that sings Ke$ha when we are on the greens, pretty funny stuff.

Baby Elephant Walk.

I once had the Oompa Loompa song stuck in my head; whistled it around the course all day. I shot one of my better rounds ever.

Generally, it ends up being one of the last songs I heard in the car.

lots to choose from but imho, there's no better 'inner' song to have in your head than "love's theme" by Barry White (love unlimited orchestra)

those older folks will remember this song that hit the charts back in '74

and for those younger folks, you should know it was the ABC sports theme for golf coverage.

I have a crazy messed up jukebox in my head when I play.

Not a song but a movie quote, "show me the money". I say that to myself basically every approach shot. I find it relaxes my muscles and more importantly my grip pressure. Been doing it for 10 years now.

Also Sprach Zarathustra

Two songs do pass between my ears out on the course occasionally, and other times as well.

Acadian Driftwood by The Band. (When I need to calm myself down and reduce anxiety)
Sweet Home Alabama by Lynnrd Skynnrd. (To maintain a high and positive energy level)

I once had the Oompa Loompa song stuck in my head; whistled it around the course all day. I shot one of my better rounds ever.

Generally, it ends up being one of the last songs I heard in the car.

What station is that, Toad?

What station is that, Toad?

HA! I don't remember why that was in my head that day. I think it was something I heard on Howard Stern or something. I should try it again, it seemed to keep the mood light.

Each year I play with a lady in a GSWGA 2 day best ball/scramble. We always have a theme song that we sing along the way. Last year we chose "Hang on Sloopy" but changed it to Snoopy and had a little Snoopy dog. We agreed to keep loose and sing that song if either of us hit a bad shot. It made the round fun and kept us laughing. We won our flight too!

Guns and Roses to Katy Perry? Quite the spectrum right there... lol I constantly have music going on in my head, but when I'm playing well it's usually something relaxing like Jimmy Buffett or Zac Brown Band...

I just talked to a buddy about this over this past weekend. I'm ALL over the map, Katy Perry to Garth Brooks to some Eagles and then some Snoop thrown in there. I have no idea what's coming next. It's quite entertaining.

I listen to basically everything...über trance and trash / black metal usually do fall out, but yeah...quite wide...on my current Spotify playlist there's Kenny Rogers, DMX, Eminem, Katy Perry, Megadeth, Live, Pearl Jam, Eliza Doolittle, The Pogues, Journey & Nancy Sinatra :D

Back