Can't catch a break...prayers please

dleavitt39

Reaction score
Handicap
14-16
I just can't catch a break. Sorry this is a rant, and may belong in the rant thread, but I just need to write.

I had to leave the Outing due to sickness, come home, and get surgery. Surgery went great, and I was released from the hospital 5 days ago. The day I was released, my Grandma went into the hospital, with some difficulty breathing. They got her better, and into a rehab/nursing facility 4 nights ago. Last night, she was transported back to the hospital because she was having trouble breathing again. They got her on some meds, but during the night it didn't improve. This morning I found out she was transferred into the ICU. She has been put on a CPAP style breathing machine, which is helping greatly, but it isn't a permanent solution. The docs attempted to take the mask off to see how she handled it. The mask was off for 1 hour. She started off ok, but progressively got worse. Her BP went sky rocketing, pulse was up over 30 bpm more, and her O2 levels were down to 90%. So it was back onto the machine. We have gotten to the point, that my grandpa, mom, and aunt met with hospice care today to discuss options, because if there aren't any improvements with the options we have, the docs have basically said it's time to let nature run its course. Because my Grandma is DNR, she's not allowing tubes or anything else considered "life saving/sustaining". After the meeting with hospice, you could tell it was very emotional, the 3 of them came back into the room teary eyed, my Grandpa finally realized that we're winding down, and that there is basically a 0% chance that Grandma will get to come back home. My Grandpa is the strongest man I know, never seen him shed a tear through anything, always been very level with his emotions, and to see him bawling his eyes out has worn on us all, and we're all teary eyed wrecks now, which is expected. I've already cried my eyes out twice today on the phone with my best friend, and he's like family to me. From what I've gathered from emotions and reactions of the family, as I wasn't in the meeting, we're looking at maybe a week left with Grandma. She's struggling, and we can all tell, and if it's time, I know she'll be in a better place, but until then, we're holding out hope that a miracle can happen, and she may be able to return home one more time.

I'm sorry for the rant, but THP is a place where I can talk, and those of you I've met, are family to me. I ask for everyone's hopes and prayers, that we find something out either way, and that if it is time, she is not in pain when it happens.

After typing all this, I'm turning into another teary eyed wreck.

Dan

Man, that's tough Dan. Nothing quite like seeing your grandma slip away dude. Always here to talk man, so don't hesitate to pm me. Stay strong brother!

Sorry to hear, Dan. Good thought s coming your way.

Prayers coming your way brother.

Stay strong Dan! Will be thinking and praying for you and your family.

Dan, you and yours are undoubtedly in my thoughts buddy.

If you need ANYTHING at all or just need to talk PLEASE don't hesitate to holler at me dude.

Best thoughts and feelings Dan.

Prayers for you and your family, Dan.

Sorry for this Dan, tears are a real sign of strength. Our thoughts and prayers are with you buddy

Man I hate to hear all of this. I'm sorry for all the things you and your family have had to endure these last couple of weeks. Thoughts and prayers headed you way.

sorry to hear that. thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Really sorry to hear about your grandma, Dan. (I'm really glad to hear that you're continuing to get healthy, though.)

It's obviously not easy, but stay strong. You have a lot of people thinking about you and your family.

So sorry to hear it, thoughts and prayers for your entire family.

Dan,

Stay strong for your family bro. You and your family will pull through this and you've got the strength of all of us here supporting you.

So sorry to hear about your grandmother Dan. Our thoughts and prayers sent your way.

Really sorry to hear that Dan. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Dan I hurt for you brother, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Terrible news Dan, know we're here for you and your family

Last edited:
I know how you feel I have lived through loosing all of my grandparents, nothing said can make it better, but knowing that they will leave a great family legacy will give some Solis. The time left should be chearist and when the time does come , realize that the suffering and pain is no longer. Prayers for your family

Will keep you and your family in our prayers!

Dan I am so sorry for you and your family. I went through a very similar situation with my Mom and know the pain and helpless feelings you all have. My prayers are with you buddy.

Really sorry to hear this, Dan. Hang in there man and try to be a rock for your family. I will definitely be praying for you and your entire family and I mean that.

Dan. We only spent 7 holes together in a golf cart in Florida but I already consider you a friend. Take care of yourself and be strong. It's certainly a difficult situation. Stay strong and be there for yourself and the rest of your family. I'm sure I safely speak for everyone when I say that THP is here for you.

Our prayers are with you.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Back