2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already put 1 36 hole round in the books, probably will try to get 4-5 more in the next 2 months. I didn't feel too bad after the first 36, but I for sure wasn't in that heat and humidity that we'll have down in myrtle

Playing 36 on Saturday with some other THP'ers.........will be a good sign of where I'm at after 36 holes.

Playing 36 on Saturday with some other THP'ers.........will be a good sign of where I'm at after 36 holes.
i always thought the outing was a good test. the heats higher than what i'm used to and its a TON of golf in a few days. i actually felt good after this year. but i'm still gonna try to drop a few lbs.... and start walking every day on the treadmill and walking more rounds carrying or pushing my bag. i'm still really worried about the humidity and heat down there in july.

i always thought the outing was a good test. the heats higher than what i'm used to and its a TON of golf in a few days. i actually felt good after this year. but i'm still gonna try to drop a few lbs.... and start walking every day on the treadmill and walking more rounds carrying or pushing my bag. i'm still really worried about the humidity and heat down there in july.
We could join Tim down in Houston for a round to help us all get prepared......it is just brutal in Htown come summer.

Like yorkie said, the 36 holes wasn't so bad. Sunday was tough though. Just spent by the back nine. Everything hurt. It wasn't just the golf that did it. The entire weekend is exhausting.

I laugh at 36 holes in the heat

and that was fat mike dean

thin mike dean has no worries

Just make sure you stay hydrated. Drink even when you are not thirsty and remember to get some food in you too because you will be using more energy than what you are probably accustomed to.

I laugh at 36 holes in the heat

and that was fat mike dean

thin mike dean has no worries
Just hope the wind doesnt pick up and blow you away.

Just make sure you stay hydrated. Drink even when you are not thirsty and remember to get some food in you too because you will be using more energy than what you are probably accustomed to.

i am bringing a ton of 1st tee bars and banannas for the rounds. i prob will only eat small things throughout the day and try to get a big breakfast in. i don't like eating at the turn especially if i'm playing well.

Like yorkie said, the 36 holes wasn't so bad. Sunday was tough though. Just spent by the back nine. Everything hurt. It wasn't just the golf that did it. The entire weekend is exhausting.

Says the guy who only played 27 on saturday :alien:

For me, surprisingly enough, it was not pain, just fatigue. Felt like I could not attack the golf ball the way I normally would, just could not get my energy level up no matter how hard I tried to do so.

i am bringing a ton of 1st tee bars and banannas for the rounds. i prob will only eat small things throughout the day and try to get a big breakfast in. i don't like eating at the turn especially if i'm playing well.
i need to order some of those. Those things are incredible.

i need to order some of those. Those things are incredible.

yeah they really give me a lift when i was feeling weak during a few rounds. glad i snagged a box i'll prob grab another before then as well.

Dude, that is perfect. You have plenty of storage in the staff bag, so my suggestion to everyone is to use it. Breakfast bars, beef jerky, almonds, or anything else you can think of that won't melt, and just snack through the round. Great way to keep energy up and generally when people eat they drink so it will help with hydration too.

Don't go with the big breakfast it will only sit in your stomach and slow you down. Have your normal breakfast and have snacks in your bag. I'd limit the bananas to 2 a day, try to throw in some other fruit and some nuts as well

This was right around the time I went into my 60 days out get fit campaign for the MCs.
Guys, I think many from the previous years will tell you, 36 holes in that heat and humidity is very difficult.
If you are not in shape for it, you are doing your team a disservice as the back 9 of the last 18 is extremely difficult on you.
Many guys had struggles finishing the rounds due to being either in pain or out of shape and had not experienced 36 holes in this kind of weather with the mental fatigue that goes with it. Do yourself a favor and work hard the last 2 months to get into the best shape you can. You will be happy you did.

Good advice! I've started working even harder on it and am starting to see some results. 2 months to go though and I'm glad for the time

How about announcing 1 format a day for the next 3 days? :alien:

Dude, that is perfect. You have plenty of storage in the staff bag, so my suggestion to everyone is to use it. Breakfast bars, beef jerky, almonds, or anything else you can think of that won't melt, and just snack through the round. Great way to keep energy up and generally when people eat they drink so it will help with hydration too.

i'm pretty sure there were but they had cart girls right? i don't want to drink warm water all round.

Very different animal to the outing in my opinion. But you are used to the heat with your job. :D

For me, surprisingly enough, it was not pain, just fatigue. Felt like I could not attack the golf ball the way I normally would, just could not get my energy level up no matter how hard I tried to do so.

I think people are underestimating how nice a 3 hour break was in the middle of the 2nd round.

It is such a different environment that people need to think about the emotional drain as well. My first match had so many ups and downs and was a tie after 18. After being that "on" all morning it was tough to get focused and into the second match. Rain delay helped me re-focus, but for guys that haven't played much competitive golf, it is a big change.

Very different animal to the outing in my opinion. But you are used to the heat with your job. :D

thats very true but i also can see what i can do to a persons body when they are working hard. i def am hoping to have at least an hour break between the rounds on saturday, but i dont know if thats gonna be possible.

thats very true but i also can see what i can do to a persons body when they are working hard. i def am hoping to have at least an hour break between the rounds on saturday, but i dont know if thats gonna be possible.

Depends on how fast you close your opponents out.

Yorkem was in the last group in the morning and was in the first group in the afternoon. If the morning round had gone one more hole, he probably would have missed the tee off time for round two.

That might be something the captains might want to consider for groupings this time.

Depends on how fast you close your opponents out.

oh good i'll have plenty of time between rounds then! :alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back