Android Phone Thread

You just got me to call up T-Mobile. I don't have an S4 right now, but rater the MyTouch Q, and I have some crappy battery life. I've gotten two replacement batteries (not from T-Mobile) and they haven't been any better. So their customer service suggested sending out a new phone instead of a new battery because sometimes it's the phone that is causing the problem. So we will try that out first and then if it still isn't any better, then we'll look into a new battery from them.

Any upgrade in the near future Smalls? Rather than messing around with an older phone might just be easier to get a newer device. It is amazing how fast the technology changes and improves. Also check out Swappa.com you can get used devices there for much cheaper than retail.

I have heard great things about T mobile's customer service, and your story backs up what I have heard. Unfortunately their coverage in these neck of the woods is crap.
They have always been top-notch whenever I have needed to talk to them. They have been good to me even when they were Voice Stream when I signed up with them in 1999. Not going anywhere anytime soon. As far as coverage goes, I have been to places where the coverage sucked, but I rarely have any issues.

Any upgrade in the near future Smalls? Rather than messing around with an older phone might just be easier to get a newer device. It is amazing how fast the technology changes and improves. Also check out Swappa.com you can get used devices there for much cheaper than retail.
Actually, yes. I upgraded to this in November 2012, but my wife has an upgrade that I am going to use to get the S4. I can do it any time, but I am holding off for the moment. She will either use my MyTouch Q if this phone exchange works, or continue using the one she got from a friend of mine a month ago.

Crest: I can get the S4 at WalMart for $198 and also get a $50 WalMart gift card, so a net price of $148. I have to commit for two more years, but I don't have an issue doing that. Been there 13 as it is, not going anywhere.

Actually, yes. I upgraded to this in November 2012, but my wife has an upgrade that I am going to use to get the S4. I can do it any time, but I am holding off for the moment. She will either use my MyTouch Q if this phone exchange works, or continue using the one she got from a friend of mine a month ago.

Got ya, I was holding off on the S4 upgrade also because I had the unlimited data and didnt want to give it up if I took the discount on the phone but my fiance dropped her phone in a lake over Memorial Day weekend so we took the upgrade and I got the S4.

Crest: I can get the S4 at WalMart for $198 and also get a $50 WalMart gift card, so a net price of $148. I have to commit for two more years, but I don't have an issue doing that. Been there 13 as it is, not going anywhere.

That is a great price for the S4. I have Verizon and where I live they are the best as far as coverage goes and I also have a 20% discount from an old employer that I dont want to lose. Circumstances lead us to upgrade and me to get the S4, who am I to complain??? hahaha

Got ya, I was holding off on the S4 upgrade also because I had the unlimited data and didnt want to give it up if I took the discount on the phone but my fiance dropped her phone in a lake over Memorial Day weekend so we took the upgrade and I got the S4.

That's what I like about T-Mobile. We all have "unlimited" data in that we are never charged for overages. I think I have 2.5 gigs of 4G before it slows down. You can increase it for $10 a month for each 2.5 gigs you add on. Plus I havemobile hot spot included in my data usage.

As far as discounts go, I have an 11% discount because I belong to Farm Bureau, which is nice. 20% would be better!

That's what I like about T-Mobile. We all have "unlimited" data in that we are never charged for overages. I think I have 2.5 gigs of 4G before it slows down. You can increase it for $10 a month for each 2.5 gigs you add on. Plus I havemobile hot spot included in my data usage.

As far as discounts go, I have an 11% discount because I belong to Farm Bureau, which is nice. 20% would be better!

I wish T-Mobile had better coverage where I'm at. Always were a joy to deal with! They pretty much bend over backwards to make you happy.

Yeah not getting charged for data overages is great but what do you mean they slow it down? That doesn't sound good to me....

Not trying to rock the boat on the 20% discount.... EVER hahaha

Yeah not getting charged for data overages is great but what do you mean they slow it down? That doesn't sound good to me....

Not trying to rock the boat on the 20% discount.... EVER hahaha
Slows down to 3G speed. I've never come close to reaching the limit.

I wish T-Mobile had better coverage where I'm at. Always were a joy to deal with! They pretty much bend over backwards to make you happy.

Same here, the funny thing is everytime you walk into a t mobile store they will tell you "well as soon as they finish their current upgrades our coverage will rival/top/be up there with Verizon and At&T" apparently their current upgrades are lasting a while.

Same here, the funny thing is everytime you walk into a t mobile store they will tell you "well as soon as they finish their current upgrades our coverage will rival/top/be up there with Verizon and At&T" apparently their current upgrades are lasting a while.

Over a decade now... :eek:

I am biased and I understand that but the screen on the S4 is absolutely stunning!

It seems the S4 has far outsold the HTC ONE, obviously that isn't only because of the battery, but I think it is a big factor for many.

I don't disagree. Just pointing out that there are reasons and tradeoffs for everything HTC made the decision for form over battery access. No idea if it's the right one, but it works for me.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I don't disagree. Just pointing out that there are reasons and tradeoffs for everything HTC made the decision for form over battery access. No idea if it's the right one, but it works for me.

Apple should have patented non-removable batteries!!!

Apple should have patented non-removable batteries!!!

I wish they had! Then I wouldn't have disqualified the Nexus 4 and HTC One.

HTC was great but they made too many bad decisions and also not to mention the supply delays which cost them dearly. The HTC ONE could have been great but in the end it wont compete with the S4 IMO.

HTC was great but they made too many bad decisions and also not to mention the supply delays which cost them dearly. The HTC ONE could have been great but in the end it wont compete with the S4 IMO.

It's by far the best phone I've ever had, and I had the S3 before. I don't expect it to "beat" the S4, but it wouldn't have no matter how good it was.

It just needs to be successful enough to get HTC off the mat so they can start competing again. That would be good for consumers.

It's by far the best phone I've ever had, and I had the S3 before. I don't expect it to "beat" the S4, but it wouldn't have no matter how good it was.

It just needs to be successful enough to get HTC off the mat so they can start competing again. That would be good for consumers.
I was hoping the One would be the device to do it, but I dont know if it can. HTC is a snowball rolling down a hill, and I think they are the next RIM.

I am all for competition but HTC is not going to provide that for Samsung they are so far ahead of them IMO. The HTC ONE was a great idea but they failed on supply and getting the product to the consumers which is some thing that Samsung did. I was a believer in HTC but then I got a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and then left HTC in the dust

I am all for competition but HTC is not going to provide that for Samsung they are so far ahead of them IMO.

Samsung is ahead of everyone in the Android market if we're talking market share, but there are real competitors in terms of quality phones. An HTC that innovates and gets back to releasing quality products is a good thing for all of us. The One is a great phone. Remains to be seen if enough people will buy it to save HTC.

First time I noticed this but the screen on my s4 is kinda warm almost hot

I am all for competition but HTC is not going to provide that for Samsung they are so far ahead of them IMO.

Not sure I would say that. Here are some that people said the same thing about.
Apple / Microsoft
Android / iPhone
iPhone / Blackberry
Hyundai / Toyota, Nissan, Honda
The list is pretty endless of companies falling flat and making a comeback to compete. HTC is not there yet, but this was a strong move in the right direction. It was a head turner, marketed well and grabs attention. Something they did not have, since really the 1st EVO.

Im on the flipside in that I found the GS4 release lackluster at best. When Apple has releases like this, people rip them apart, think 4 to 4S and even 4S to 5. I understand that sometimes a device has to evolve rather than be revolutionary, but the SGIII was just that for the company and the SG4 is definitely not.

Now dont get me wrong, the SG4 is a fantastic device and possibly the best device on the market right now when you factor in all facets, but I do not believe the company can rest on its laurels.

Not sure I would say that. Here are some that people said the same thing about.
Apple / Microsoft
Android / iPhone
iPhone / Blackberry
Hyundai / Toyota, Nissan, Honda
The list is pretty endless of companies falling flat and making a comeback to compete. HTC is not there yet, but this was a strong move in the right direction. It was a head turner, marketed well and grabs attention. Something they did not have, since really the 1st EVO.

Im on the flipside in that I found the GS4 release lackluster at best. When Apple has releases like this, people rip them apart, think 4 to 4S and even 4S to 5. I understand that sometimes a device has to evolve rather than be revolutionary, but the SGIII was just that for the company and the SG4 is definitely not.

Now dont get me wrong, the SG4 is a fantastic device and possibly the best device on the market right now when you factor in all facets, but I do not believe the company can rest on its laurels.

I get what you are saying but HTC had a nice little market share and they let it slip and Samsung went in like gangbusters and took over. HTC now has there work cut out for them they have to find a way to chip into Samsung which is not going to be easy. The supply delays that HTC went through when they released the One really hurt them IMO. I am not saying they will not recover but it is going to be a long and tough road.

My personal opinion is that Samsung didn't have to go all crazy with the S4 release, they did so much aggressive marketing of the S3 that helped them with the S4. Samsung is selling software with the S4 which is not nearly as sexy as the hardware. The S3 and S4 really are very similar devices spec wise but what Samsung did with the S4 is build a lot of new features so of which I will never use and I admit that.

Samsung will not rest on its laurels they are the top smart phone seller right now they will have to do something special to keep up that pace especially with Apple releasing the next iPhone shortly.

I find this stuff fascinating.

Back