The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needed a Typhoid injection to cover me for our holiday in September so had it last night and my arm is still aching now this afternoon - not exactly a rant, but bloody annoying

I'm getting real tired of having to jump through hoops every time this company owe's me a reimbursement check. I finally got one that was over 3 weeks late, but sent in my mileage for the same trip and nothing comes. I go through all the channels and "Oh yea, we'll get right on it", two weeks later nothing. I said screw the channels and called payroll who says they never got the release from my boss, lol. Now my boss and payroll are battling. And, it seems I'm not the only one having this problem. One of my co-workers just gave up on her's. Just seem's dumb!

That's pretty brutal Due. Hate it when companies do that.

I'm getting real tired of having to jump through hoops every time this company owe's me a reimbursement check. I finally got one that was over 3 weeks late, but sent in my mileage for the same trip and nothing comes. I go through all the channels and "Oh yea, we'll get right on it", two weeks later nothing. I said screw the channels and called payroll who says they never got the release from my boss, lol. Now my boss and payroll are battling. And, it seems I'm not the only one having this problem. One of my co-workers just gave up on her's. Just seem's dumb!

My dads company has some of the same problems too. He typically has his expense report filed the day after he returns from a trip, but sometimes doesn't see the money for 2 pay periods. Luckily he uses his credit card and reaps the % back from that.

That's pretty brutal Due. Hate it when companies do that.

My dads company has some of the same problems too. He typically has his expense report filed the day after he returns from a trip, but sometimes doesn't see the money for 2 pay periods. Luckily he uses his credit card and reaps the % back from that.

Thanks. It wouldn't be a big deal, but every time gets pretty old. I put about 1000 miles on my own truck for work and these guys will drag their feet to keep from paying my gas, lol. I had to fill out all their forms in triplicate, fax to one department and email to another so they can sit on it.

Stupid rain. I took the day off to make silo doors, but every time I get ready to do it, it starts raining again. So I come in and get on here for a bit. Then it stops and I get ready to work again. Then it starts raining again. So I get back on THP again. The only thing I'm accomplishing is a higher post count.

Thanks. It wouldn't be a big deal, but every time gets pretty old. I put about 1000 miles on my own truck for work and these guys will drag their feet to keep from paying my gas, lol. I had to fill out all their forms in triplicate, fax to one department and email to another so they can sit on it.

Money is money though, and it matters even more when it is your money !

I used to have to pay for my own fuel, and was reimbursed at 35cents per km that I drove. Well that was fine as long as I was reimbursed. I went a very long time not getting reimbursed, to the point one day I was 2 hours from home with work, credit card maxxed out, bank account empty, and fumes left in the tank. I vowed not to let it happen again. Phoned up the boss, laid out the situation, made sure to stress that if I wasn't reimbursed promptly I would be quitting.

It got fixed up pretty quick.... got paid out... then back to the not being paid thing. So I did quit. Best decision I ever made.

Insurance companies are worthless . Denying a claim on the basis that "their" dr doesn't agree with the procedure that was performed . Time to request an independent review

My uncle was life flighted to UPMC early this morning for blood clots in his heart and other areas. A few months back he had surgery on a 99% blockage in his left left, and apparently last night his body started tossing clots. They wouldn't operate on him at our local hospital because the vascular surgeon didn't have enough backup to deal with the heart issues as well. I only found out about this around 10 this morning and was under the impression all was good and it was just preventative. Went to the hospital today to see him when I got out of work and realized he was lucky to make it through the night. Still has a long road ahead of him.

In addition to this, I hate how people can never give me the whole story on this. My sister made it seem like all was well. This is terrible timing too because I have sooooo much to do with courses wrapping up next week and finals upcoming.

Sorry to hear this Darren, my thoughts and prayers headed his way.

sorry to war about that Darren, sending prayers your way.

On knowing now or later, there is valid reason to both ways. Trust me, I have been 100% on both sides and can never there is never a complete right way.

My bag was knocked over and a few clubs got scratched up. As much as I love my staff bad I wish I had my stand bag today. No performance damage was done but my new clubs don't look so new anymore

My bag was knocked over and a few clubs got scratched up. As much as I love my staff bad I wish I had my stand bag today. No performance damage was done but my new clubs don't look so new anymore

Ugh I hate that! Had a bag strap come loose on the first tee one time and it snapped my driver shaft. Luckily the course owner was there and saw it happen, gave me $50 towards the reshaft and free round of golf.

I had a friend get a brand new set of clubs, a starter set, but either way it
was tragic. He threw his bag on the cart next to mine, sat down, and off we went to the first tee. I guess he forgot to lock the strap, so half way down the cart path on the first hole his bag fell off the cart and scratched up quite a few clubs, dented his driver. I felt terrible, because I was driving and the look on his face. Ugh, bad memories...

I even have covers for the irons and I stopped using them because I was afraid it would slow me down even a little. It's upsetting but at least they aren't broken

Sorry to hear this. I've seen it happen more than I care to and it never seems to end well.

Daughter woke up, needed to go "potty." Got up, ran back there to help her with turning on the bathroom light.

Dark. Took the corner too fast, caught pinky toe right on the corner of the wall.

It is now facing toward the ceiling. Definitely broken. Pain. Need rum.

Daughter woke up, needed to go "potty." Got up, ran back there to help her with turning on the bathroom light.

Dark. Took the corner too fast, caught pinky toe right on the corner of the wall.

Not much else hurts more than that...might need a double rum

damn dude!

Oooh hell, sorry to hear that man. Did she make it?

Shot of rum, set it, another shot of rum. That works right?

I've done that, and I'm not sure there is anything more painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back