The Bubba Watson Thread

And you think Bubba thinks his outbursts are okay? I'm sure he's embarrassed like alot of us when we go pyscho.

I also think Bubba applies them in his outside life, but should learn how to do this on the course.

I agree on the second. But to the first, Bubba has had plenty of chances to apologize for being a jerk and to my knowledge hasn't.

You know what it says in the bible about not forgiving people? Well...it's against it. (I hope somebody gets that movie reference)

I agree with this. I don't know Bubba when the cameras stop rolling and he stops posting things. I can only look at what he does with his life and the position he is in and go from there. But also, one can't say because of his on course rants he is a terrible person. That's unfair as well.

Trust me when I say that my perception of Bubba is not based solely on his on course behavior.

There is an obvious joke here, I like you, so I won't make it.

You don't have to lie to me Blu, you can tell me you think I'm terrible, I can take it.

I actually meant to make that joke myself, I just got sidetracked by work, I hate when that happens.

I agree on the second. But to the first, Bubba has had plenty of chances to apologize for being a jerk and to my knowledge hasn't.

You know what it says in the bible about not forgiving people? Well...it's against it. (I hope somebody gets that movie reference)

I would agree with this.

You don't have to lie to me Blu, you can tell me you think I'm terrible, I can take it.

I actually meant to make that joke myself, I just got sidetracked by work, I hate when that happens.

Just blame your caddy

Is this going to be the first golf related subject to be moved to the Debate room? Haha

Trust me when I say that my perception of Bubba is not based solely on his on course behavior.

This confuses me then. What does Bubba do THAT'S BAD that you are annoyed by? Besides the on course stuff. Crying and being a firm believer are not bad things. If that's where you are getting at. If he had a couple DUI's or got arrested for Domestic Violence, then I could say he has done bad things off the course.

Is this going to be the first golf related subject to be moved to the Debate room? Haha

No, and It shouldn't be. This is a great discussion.

This confuses me then. What does Bubba do THAT'S BAD that you are annoyed by? Besides the on course stuff. Crying and being a firm believer are not bad things. If that's where you are getting at. If he had a couple DUI's or got arrested for Domestic Violence, then I could say he has done bad things off the course.

This again is just you passing on what you witness. Others have been quite vocal about his treatment of those around him, his treatment of fans and more from their direct dealings with him off the course.

Sometimes people (athletes) use social media as a vehicle for self promotion of the good. Using it as a measure of them being a "great person" would not be ideal in my opinion.

This again is just you passing on what you witness. Others have been quite vocal about his treatment of those around him, his treatment of fans and more from their direct dealings with him off the course.

Sometimes people (athletes) use social media as a vehicle for self promotion of the good. Using it as a measure of them being a "great person" would not be ideal in my opinion.

I, for one, would love to hear some of this.

My favorite Bubba moment was when he went off on the red shirt fan (I think it was red, bright stand out color anyway), having a bad day and this poor guy had been following him all day Bubba went off on him blaming him for being a huge distraction or some such thing. That was when I lost all respect for Bubba, Saturday you could hear him going off on the gallery at one point during the coverage, wasn't on camera but it sure sounded like Bubba ripping on someone in the background. Wish I had video of Bubba and the red shirt guy, was funny but also felt bad for the fan as he just stood there and took it.

[video=youtube;em-NI-b6tIE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em-NI-b6tIE[/video]

I don't get the relation between Bubba and this clip.

It's just a matter of some people don't like him. You have to remember, just because you feel a certain way about him, doesn't mean that everybody else does as well. It's just a fact of life.

Okay, I just saw this clip. Am I the only one that didn't think it was that bad? (No, I didn't read the last 8 or so pages entirely) I saw lots of bad reviews.

I was just thinking about it, and why do we have to label everyone as one thing or another? Why is Bubba good or bad? Can't he be both at different times? I'm just about the last person to look to for a moral standpoint, but I think Bubba has his good and he has his bad. Just like everyone else. And just because he is very Christian doesn't mean he is a phony IMO. I've met a lot of religious people, and I bet you can guess how many of them are perfect or have never committed a sin (hint: it's 0).

Okay, I just saw this clip. Am I the only one that didn't think it was that bad? (No, I didn't read the last 8 or so pages entirely) I saw lots of bad reviews.

No, you aren't alone.

I was just thinking about it, and why do we have to label everyone as one thing or another? Why is Bubba good or bad? Can't he be both at different times? I'm just about the last person to look to for a moral standpoint, but I think Bubba has his good and he has his bad. Just like everyone else. And just because he is very Christian doesn't mean he is a phony IMO. I've met a lot of religious people, and I bet you can guess how many of them are perfect or have never committed a sin (hint: it's 0).

Society has been labeling people since the beginning of time. It's human nature and unfortunately will never change.

I'm Bubba have you seen my $750,000 watch?
I'm a devout Christian, yet I drop GD's on course like they going out of style and treat others like piss and blame anyone but myself for my mistakes.

Things that piss me off about Bubba
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It's all perception. Some people probably think Bubba is a great guy that has his quirks and others think he's a complete tool. I'm pretty sure the same could be said of any one of us.

I'm Bubba have you seen my $750,000 watch?
I'm a devout Christian, yet I drop GD's on course like they going out of style and treat others like piss and blame anyone but myself for my mistakes.

Things that piss me off about Bubba
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

But I'm just a good ole boy from Florida!

Back