New Callaway Driver?

BINGO!***

I am somewhat glad I haven't put a new driver in play. I'm very excited to see what the newest edition to Callaway will be=]

I was quoting it since a few posts were about it being called the Big Bertha.
I will say all I can right now and say its not a replacement for either wood line. Its an addition.

Understood. It just reminds me a the Ford Taurus. Taurus was one of the most recognizable car names in the world and Fort just did away with the name and changed it to the Ford FIVEHUNDRED.. Then, new leadership was named and they came in and said "why the hell did we get ride of one of the most iconic names in automotive history?" So what did Ford do? They relaunched the Taurus brand and it is once again one of the most popular sedans on the road.

To me, it makes sense that Callaway does the same thing with the "Big Bertha" name. Obviously it won't be this release, but it should be in the near future. A new Big Bertha would be a HUGE shot across the bow of TaylorMade.

Understood. It just reminds me a the Ford Taurus. Taurus was one of the most recognizable car names in the world and Fort just did away with the name and changed it to the Ford FIVEHUNDRED.. Then, new leadership was named and they came in and said "why the hell did we get ride of one of the most iconic names in automotive history?" So what did Ford do? They relaunched the Taurus brand and it is once again one of the most popular sedans on the road.

To me, it makes sense that Callaway does the same thing with the "Big Bertha" name. Obviously it won't be this release, but it should be in the near future. A new Big Bertha would be a HUGE shot across the bow of TaylorMade.

I dont disagree that the name is iconic and will be coming back at some point.
I was merely pointing out that this is not named that and is not a replacement to either of the drivers they currently have out.

I sure hope the OptiFit works out better than the OptiGrabs.
jerk1.bmp

I sure hope the OptiFit works out better than the OptiGrabs.
jerk1.bmp

What a great movie, need to watch it again.

From the pic I saw that I shouldn't have seen the word Octane comes to mind

They can pull out all of the stops. It simply won't matter. I'm going to take Harry's belt out for a nice seafood dinner, and then never call it again. That's happening 12/8.

The guy is on a roll with the Will Ferrell movies.

I really can't wait to hear more. Really not sure where this one sits in terms of their line up I it's not a replacement.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I sure hope the picture I just saw isn't the real deal...

From the pic I saw that I shouldn't have seen the word Octane comes to mind

I may or may not have thought the same. Probably has something to do with the color we didn't see.

Looks much better from that angle, as do the colors. I'm curious if they'll do a uDesign with it?

I'm a little lost for words on the looks :bulgy-eyes:

Reserving judgement till I see it in hand.

I think so. Like so many other clubs, you never look at the sole when hitting. Plus it could be a bomber

It's funny how much a picture makes or breaks a club... I'm not falling all over it, and I think I read the shaft options are lighter.. Is this geared towards a player who needs to increase swing speed?

I'm guessing here purely on my own speculation that is going to be designed for slower less than 90mph swing speeds to actually get the face to compress then rebound.

Hence name Optiforce=optimum force, for slower swing speeds.

This is a big section of the market that doesn't get the optimum performance out of anyone's current line.

It's funny how much a picture makes or breaks a club... I'm not falling all over it, and I think I read the shaft options are lighter.. Is this geared towards a player who needs to increase swing speed?
Im guessing it's Cleveland Black-esque.

Im guessing it's Cleveland Black-esque.

Immediately what I thought of when I read about it. That's a huge section of the market that could benefit from a driver like this if it's able to boost ball speed and give it enough spin to maximize carry. I'll be curious though if it's a mid spin or a high spin head when we get some in hand shots and reactions from it.

Immediately what I thought of when I read about it. That's a huge section of the market that could benefit from a driver like this if it's able to boost ball speed and give it enough spin to maximize carry. I'll be curious though if it's a mid spin or a high spin head when we get some in hand shots and reactions from it.
Im hoping high spin.

Could be right up my alley with a low 90's swing speed. Adjustability out the wazoo as well.

Back