Scotty Cameron Putters

I've rolled both, and I don't see a massive difference between the 2.6 and a similar M series SeeMore.. The SeeMore might be a bit softer overall. Depth of milling and type of metal will probably play the largest part, although the 2.6 is basically an RST re-make so I guess it just depends what you want labeled on your putter.

Its one of his line that I absolutely despise. Using similar styles and finishes is one thing, blatantly taking everything down to the aesthetics and patented RST is another. I will stick up for his line (like today) because I think many times people pile on, but this one is bordering on absurd. Its even funnier when you talk to the SeeMore folks about it, because it completely validates what they do.

It's because people who roll them all think they're the best thing since sliced bread yet they have no innovation at all. Plus, those who roll them follow blindly in amazement, hence the sheep. Lol.

haha you're probably right.. There is a CRAZY % of people at my course who roll Scotty's and think I'm nuts for not rolling them. I usually go through the list of Scotty's I wasted my money on, none of which resolved my bad putting stroke hahahaha! Should have bought lessons instead!!

On the plus side, the 2.6 in question can probably be had for 150 or less now that it's a couple years out. That's a solid price for a putter of that design.

I still want a Del Mar. Best putter I've ever rolled BY FAR.

Its one of his line that I absolutely despise. Using similar styles and finishes is one thing, blatantly taking everything down to the aesthetics and patented RST is another. I will stick up for his line (like today) because I think many times people pile on, but this one is bordering on absurd. Its even funnier when you talk to the SeeMore folks about it, because it completely validates what they do.

I tend to think it's less accurate than RST anyways.. Where I generally view my putter line based on the two outer lines, you probably have to be quite a bit off line with the 2.6 to see that red dot.

As far as duplications go though, it's pretty tough not to agree with you. Hide a dot behind the shaft is about as SeeMore as it gets.

I tend to think it's less accurate than RST anyways.. Where I generally view my putter line based on the two outer lines, you probably have to be quite a bit off line with the 2.6 to see that red dot.

As far as duplications go though, it's pretty tough not to agree with you. Hide a dot behind the shaft is about as SeeMore as it gets.

I agree wholeheartedly with you. What they missed is that the red dot is not what makes RST, the sightlines are what makes it.

I still want a Del Mar. Best putter I've ever rolled BY FAR.

I owned the honey dew del Mar for a good bit.. it was very nicely designed by I couldn't make anything with it.. I'd argue the black series #9 is a better design for forward roll, although their deep milled Del Mar with the satin finish is a very nice update. A lot softer feedback IMO.

Which one are you digging CM?

Did you guys with the 2.6 ever have a Seemore? How does it compare/contrast? I have a few seemores and love the way they set-up, but i always liked the feel of my scottys better
Have a FGP and Si2 sitting right next to me right now. I like the feel of the Scotty just a little more. It just a little more solid feeling. If I could find something an M-Serise SeeMore to stack up against it I would be more than happy to switch. I love the head shape of the Si2/Newport 2.6, just need to get them a little more face balanced to match my very slight arc and it would be perfect.

Have a FGP and Si2 sitting right next to me right now. I like the feel of the Scotty just a little more. It just a little more solid feeling. If I could find something an M-Serise SeeMore to stack up against it I would be more than happy to switch. I love the head shape of the Si2/Newport 2.6, just need to get them a little more face balanced to match my very slight arc and it would be perfect.

You'll be checking out an m7 first hand very soon my friend. I look forward to hearing your apples to apples comparison to the 2.6 on a face that is far more similar than the SI insert and the FGP.

I would love to. Just don't like the head shape as much as the Del Mar.

I hadnt had a mallet in a long time. Loving the switch back to it.

I don't know why, but I was thinking you had a Newport 2 or something. LOL. My bad. I guess I just never noticed we were rolling the same putter.

I'm the one with the Newport 2 :)

Going off memory, but isn't the Si2 the same as the M7? I know it matches up with one shape wise and I thought it was the 7.

Going off memory, but isn't the Si2 the same as the M7? I know it matches up with one shape wise and I thought it was the 7.

It is indeed.

I'm the one with the Newport 2 :)

That's it! I knew someone had a Newport 2 in that group. I don't pay much attention to sigs.

So, there were three Scotty's in that group that day? How did Nate put up with us?

It is. I was having a moment and was getting my series mixed. I was thinking M2, but knew that wasn't it.

It is. I was having a moment and was getting my series mixed. I was thinking M2, but knew that wasn't it.

Similar though. I use the m2 and.the major difference is the cut away heel.

We should probably keep this to the SC line however.

just picked up my first SC!

Played a round with it last ngiht and it was great!

California Monterey 34"

Back