Wilson Staff Discusses Research & Development

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP TV talks with Wilson Staff about the creation of irons. How they build products for a particular golfer and how they characterize each line.

http://bit.ly/1543WlC

That was fantastic. Knowledge atom bomb.

Enjoyed that! Look forward to hearing more as you roll out what you picked up on your visit to Wilson golf.

I've always loved Wilson Staff's iron lineup. Great interview, Josh, and a cool look inside the thought and creation processes behind their irons.

• Admin
That was fantastic. Knowledge atom bomb.

This was a fun one. The setting was great, the people there were great and most importantly the knowledge gained from speaking with them was fantastic.

I have been waiting for this to pop up since you were on the road to IL or to Branson (cant remember) and you saw your tweet about stopping in at Wilson. Cant watch it now but will make sure to do so later.

This was a fun one. The setting was great, the people there were great and most importantly the knowledge gained from speaking with them was fantastic.

Went beyond the brand for me too. Great general knowledge there. Also, it made me want to do 2 things 1) get my Ci7's back and 2) wonder if the sole is why I like a certain part of my combo set the most.

I can't watch this just yet. I love wilson and can't wait to hear what they say.

Great interview! I'm sure happy with the look/feel of my FG V2 irons.

Thanks. People that love golf equipment should love videos like this. Its a peak into the side of things most golfers will never get to see.

This was very good, thanks.

Love it. Absolutely enjoy hearing about this side of the golf club industry, why companies do what they do and how they break down what the goals of their products are. Really a good watch!

Awesome, such a wealth of knowledge, it's this behind the scenes stuff that get's lost in the marketing shuffle of golf equipment, very cool.

That was a pretty informative interview. It was cool to hear him talk about the different categories of irons and how they come up with each one!

Awesome interview and very informative. Knowledge overload right now. So many reasons why someone should get fitted for their specific type of club, not just buy it off the shelf.

Awesome interview and very informative. Knowledge overload right now. So many reasons why someone should get fitted for their specific type of club, not just buy it off the shelf.

Its funny I was there conducting the interview and I still ended up watching it twice post production. Just a ton of good info there.

That was a really interesting interview JB, thanks!

I liked the explanation of the difference between the D, F, and C lines.

Awesome interview, I am a huge Wilson fan and this was a great look into their R&D process. Thanks JB!

Great interview. I think they are one of the best at distinguishing their 3 lines.

WS needs a bigger following. I'm not sure if its marketing or what, but they have great products that seem to get lost in the competition.

Wow, what a great wealth of knowledge and I can't wait for what other awesome info you are hoarding!

I am really happy to see Wilson Staff coming together with THP and bringing us some a ton of info on a company few know much about.

That was a great interview!! Very informative

Lots of interesting stuff in that video!

WS needs a bigger following. I'm not sure if its marketing or what, but they have great products that seem to get lost in the competition.

Yupp and they need to start with better distribution. I have not been able to find any W/S clubs to test up here, which is rather disappointing because they seem like some great clubs!

Great interview JB. I've always been a fan of Wilson Staff. Can't believe I gave my Ci7s to my son, I told myself I'd take them for a spin now and again but I'm lovin my FG tour V2s

Back