What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
96, worst round of the season (so far). 6 doubles and a triple, including 6 penalty strokes. Even had a 4 putt after a GIR.
Gotta take something good away from it and I was good off the tee. Driver and 3W were working (for the most part).

Played in the 1/4 final of the club championship today against my foursomes partner and someone I play a lot of golf with which made it a slightly strange match. I got off to a slow start losing the 2nd & 3rd, hit 2 tee shots on 3 that were huge cuts never to be seen again. I holed a 4' putt on 4 for a half to stop going 3 down - this turned out to be the turning point. A par 4 on 5 got me back to 1 down. I then had 5 consecutive 3s, 4 of them for birdies, to go from 1 down to 3up. I ended up with a comfortable 6&4 win to reach the semi finals, where I play the defending champion - who I am playing in a fourball tie tomorrow night!

I don't think I have putted as well as the last 2 days, think I had 7 single putts in 14 holes today. If I can keep playing the way I have the last 2 days and keep the mistakes to a minimum I have a great chance of at least reaching the final.

It was the second and final round of our club senior championship. The course was brutal today. The greens were very tough with virtually no birdies except for the championship flight and not many there. The rough was, for the most part, at least one lost stroke if not more. And on top of all that, I didn't have "it" today. I had a triple bogie and a couple of doubles with lots of bogies. At least my one birdie did win one of the three skins. 85 (44, 41) YUK!

Scrambled for a 100 at the end of the day. As bad as that is, I am hitting more good/playable shots than bad but my bad shots are leaving me in really bad situations. I have to cut down on those to get better but I'm playing a lot & feeling better about each round.

What did you shoot today?

52/48 100 but I played so much better in the back 9. I had a blow up hole on 13 but played bogey/par golf the rest of the way.

48/43 91 really good round for me, even if we played most of the round in the rain

41/41. Started off by missing a five foot birdie putt. My aim with my irons was off but my wedges and chipping were spot on which saved me a few times. Striped a few drives on the back nine but missed two more birdie putts within ten feet. y scoring average over the last 20 rounds is an 82.1 so atleast I am somewhat consistent.

Shot 84 in the morning and 41 in the afternoon. Both rounds with covert tour off the tee instead of the normal 3 deep. I killed that driver, but the stock shaft and I don't agree. Problems were not due to tee balls or short game though... It was semi-windy, and all of my bad shots were short or right because I hit my irons so dang high. X forged should soleve that though
... :bananadance:

I had some distactions away from the course while I was playing today. Did not post a great score, but had a great time. Shot 44/46. Should have been so much better, but the phone was ringing every few minutes (blutooth, as not to bother anyone else), wife and daughter's flight home got cancelled and they required my assistance to get a flight home (non-rev passengers).

I shot a personal best +2. I mean, they blew the horn for lightning when I was on the #7 tee box but it should still count.

I shot a personal best +2. I mean, they blew the horn for lightning when I was on the #7 tee box but it should still count.

Nice work buddy!!

I shot 79 in the final round of the Club Championship. Wound up 3rd place in my flight. Best showing since jumping up to this flight ans the first time I've carded 2 rounds in the 70s at the club champ. I'm happy.

Nice work buddy!!

I shot 79 in the final round of the Club Championship. Wound up 3rd place in my flight. Best showing since jumping up to this flight ans the first time I've carded 2 rounds in the 70s at the club champ. I'm happy.

That's some solid golf there. I always think its tough to shoot low in club championships.

Morgan Cup play has carried over with a 75 today. Missed a handful of birds or could have been lower.

Played nine today and shot 39. Should have been alot better the way I was hitting the ball. Putting was dismal as I 2 putted every hole.

Fwy - 5/7
Grns - 6/9
Putts - 18

Tapatalking from the bottom of the cup.

41-42 = 83. Nothing was feeling good today, drives were all over the place.

Quite possibly shot the worst +4 (41) of my life for 9 holes. Driver was off. For some reason I was hitting everything off the heel and into the wind, it would only go about 225. Back to the drawing board with that. Luckily the Mack Daddy 2 and RTX came through clutch today.

Had a good round today at a tight course. I played Salt Fork State Park golf course. Shot 41/36 for a 77. Front nine was not so good but I putted lights out! I 360° lipped a birdie putt on 18 for a 76 and a -1 back nine. I hit my 3 hyron off of quite a few tees and was dead center fairway every time!

tapin it from my droid!

Well done Sawyers!

Played in the second round of my member/member tournament with my dad today. It's alt-shot, and we get half of our combined handicap, so 10 strokes (he's an 18, I'm a 2). Day one is best ball and usually where everyone gets their scores under par. We were level with a few in our flight at 65, and my goal going into the day was to shoot 82 (for a net 72).

Some awesome shots and some rough ones later, we came in at 83 on course, good for a net 73 and enough to win our flight (-6 for the weekend)!!!! We took it to the shootout which includes 12 total teams, four teams on three different holes. First hole narrows that 4 to 2, and the winner of the second playoff hole meets on the 9th to go head to head with the other two winning teams.

Anyways, we made it to the final hole, but couldn't finish it out. In any case, it was awesome. I'm so proud of my dad for keeping himself in it when we needed shots and staying optimistic. We've played in this tournament for quite a few years, and this is the first time we've won our flight.

So awesome. What a weekend.

Played in the second round of my member/member tournament with my dad today. It's alt-shot, and we get half of our combined handicap, so 10 strokes (he's an 18, I'm a 2). Day one is best ball and usually where everyone gets their scores under par. We were level with a few in our flight at 65, and my goal going into the day was to shoot 82 (for a net 72).

Some awesome shots and some rough ones later, we came in at 83 on course, good for a net 73 and enough to win our flight (-6 for the weekend)!!!! We took it to the shootout which includes 12 total teams, four teams on three different holes. First hole narrows that 4 to 2, and the winner of the second playoff hole meets on the 9th to go head to head with the other two winning teams.

Anyways, we made it to the final hole, but couldn't finish it out. In any case, it was awesome. I'm so proud of my dad for keeping himself in it when we needed shots and staying optimistic. We've played in this tournament for quite a few years, and this is the first time we've won our flight.

Hell yeah dude way to mount the comeback...and tell eddie I said well done

That's awesome, man. Sounds like you guys had fun.

Congrats Danimalsky! That's got to be very rewarding playing with your dad. Glad you guys kicked some butt!

Shot 72 +1 at my hometown course. It's only 6300 from the back tees, so it's a short course. Fortunately, there's not a lot of trouble as I was all over the place off the tee. I didn't hit the ball well, but the short game was on.

5/14 FIR
7/18 GIR
27 putts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back