Recap Thread - 2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to shout out my partner, JT. The kid did work on Saturday. It was a pleasure playing with you and it was an enjoyable round or two of golf. Thanks big guy!

Good stuff Nate.

Just a little sat am recap for our amazing match

Man, it was a pleasure pushing you and watching your game improve leading up to the event. Considering the efforts you made to get into better shape during the last year, I'd say you earned it all the way through.

Man, it was a pleasure pushing you and watching your game improve leading up to the event. Considering the efforts you made to get into better shape during the last year, I'd say you earned it all the way through.

441 really turned it on over the past few months to get his game to where he wanted it.

Talk about a guy who was downright determined. Range session after range session he struggled with that driver, but he was determined to get it going. Some could have just given up, but not Mike. He worked harder every day to get that going the way he wanted it to.

(Little did we know, is that all it would take was for him to add about 20+ mph on to his driver swing to get it grooved a bit)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

You and Icey did it the right way for sure. Always tough to play against guys you like a whole lot and call friends. Nice little recap Nate!

Just had another great memory pop into my head. After the media day was over, Mrs Jconn (Staci) walks up and starts hitting balls using clubs from his bag. And she was just striping them right down the middle; in flip flops. That was impressive in itself, then I walk over and she that shes doing it with his 588 CBs with his S300s in there. That was impressive. Then we had her hit one of Cookie's hyrons, she still killed it, but turns around and says "I couldnt concentrate looking down at that thing." We all laugh and then she continues to hit better iron shots than I hit all weekend with Jeff's blades. I went back to our villa and cried to JT#.

I just saw this. Ha ha ha that's my wife for you. I've offered to buy her a new driver, with fitting but she likes my old R9 SuperDeep with a rebar shaft in it. She's crazy, but she hits it good.

I just saw this. Ha ha ha that's my wife for you. I've offered to buy her a new driver, with fitting but she likes my old R9 SuperDeep with a rebar shaft in it. She's crazy, but she hits it good.

your wife was cool. She fit in like one of the guys. Hitting shots on the range, and doing shots at night.

Thanks dude it means a lot. I knew where some of your guys games were going to be and the last thing I wanted to do was show up and hold the team back.

441 really turned it on over the past few months to get his game to where he wanted it.

Talk about a guy who was downright determined. Range session after range session he struggled with that driver, but he was determined to get it going. Some could have just given up, but not Mike. He worked harder every day to get that going the way he wanted it to.

(Little did we know, is that all it would take was for him to add about 20+ mph on to his driver swing to get it grooved a bit)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Thanks man definitely hit the range more for this than probably the last 3 years combined.

As far as the driver...I did manage to find fairways with it somehow. U swing faster than me...any trade interests?

Now that you guys have played the course would you change your club set up in anyway? Drop a wedge and add a wood or select different lofts for your wedges? Anything at all?

Now that you guys have played the course would you change your club set up in anyway? Drop a wedge and add a wood or select different lofts for your wedges? Anything at all?

I had planned early on changing the lofts in my fairway woods for Caledonia. But I didn't really have time as it was a quick turnaround. Other than that I would not have changed a thing.

I don't think my set-up would change. I would maybe put some different shafts in my hybrids but I don't think my set-up would change.

Not really I think I used everything except 5 wood there. Perhaps swapping that out for a 4i since I hit irons well.

I don't know that I would change much.
I'd think hard about my alt 5 and a 4H. I love my 3H and like my 5 alt.

I would put an 8 TT as I've ordered one now. I love those clubs.

I might take my 5 wood out and add a 4 iron and bump my hybrids up a number. But overall I loved my setup for each course!

Siri speaks for me!

Round 2 Recap

Nate there is nothing I can say that I haven't already said. It was fun, it real it was real fun playing with you on Saturday. I know it didn't work out the way you would have liked but take this away from the match.
You have the heart of champion, there is no quit in your game. I have to be at my best to get an edge on you. I knew that going in and it was proven by the battled you gave us from 5-12 on Saturday. Thank you for being you and for the great golf. Ride or die, bad boys for life..

I want to shout out my partner, JT. The kid did work on Saturday. It was a pleasure playing with you and it was an enjoyable round or two of golf. Thanks big guy!

I'm gonna have a longer recap for you, which I think I've done/said a couple of times.

Round 2 Recap

I love you Nate. You were a pleasure to play with. I'm taking what you said to heart. I get that statement alot. But as someone who competed against me and saw me get down on myself, I'm taking this to heart. My goal heading into 2014 is to take the game for what it is, a game. It needs to be fun.

Thanks for showing me some life lessons too, even it was super embarrassing.

I'm gonna have a longer recap for you, which I think I've done/said a couple of times.
I just recorded two recaps for the 1st and 2nd rounds. Will post in the AM

I just recorded two recaps for the 1st and 2nd rounds. Will post in the AM

Sounds good. I'm probably going to have a 30 min video of the whole experience. I hope people bare with me.

Two man scramble recap

I'm still trying to catch up on all the recaps. I LOVE the video recaps, so thanks for those. Saw Buckjob's and Nate's first, and just cracked up. Panda's was awesome and sincere, and Castor's was just so awesomely all over the place, and I love that his daughter is just doing her thing in the background. Thank you all for sharing the awesome recaps; so much more of your experience comes through on video than just writing a post.

You all are some awesome dudes, and I hope someday that I get to play some golf with you!

Alternate shot recap

[video=youtube;9V3pr-qFFPM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V3pr-qFFPM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back