Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of a retro/modern mash up. They'll warm up on me I'm sure.

Pretty cool looking for a muscle back. Just a tad less forgiving than the Altitudes me thinks.

There's a lot going on there for me. And chrome water spots, I'm more of a brushed finish guy.

Whoa... Wilson Staff just posted this pic to their FB page. They are a prototype that Mike Small had in play at the PGA Championship last weeks.

1157575_10151650824212675_181110123_n.jpg

Those are so beautiful.

Well, I need a wedge makeover, along with a few other tweaks to the bag. Currently, i have a taylormade tp 52*, cleveland cg15 56*, vokey 60*. The Vokey is definitely my favorite but im interested in these hopkins wedges. Are they the real deal? Wish I could hit them.
Also looking at drivers, have an old nike sasquatch with the aldila nv 65g shaft. Not sure if i want to stick woth nike, or stray away. Anyone currently hitting the covert have anything to say?

Well, I need a wedge makeover, along with a few other tweaks to the bag. Currently, i have a taylormade tp 52*, cleveland cg15 56*, vokey 60*. The Vokey is definitely my favorite but im interested in these hopkins wedges. Are they the real deal? Wish I could hit them.
Also looking at drivers, have an old nike sasquatch with the aldila nv 65g shaft. Not sure if i want to stick woth nike, or stray away. Anyone currently hitting the covert have anything to say?

Covert is a great low spin driver. Not the most forgiving driver out but not the worst either. Some of the early heads had some QC issues but they seemed to have corrected that. That said the Covert could not knock out My Razr Fit Xtreme and also the SLDR has me interested as well.

Somebody say Covert? Its definitely a low launch low spin head, at least the Tour is anyways. I have my loft set at 11.5*. I also upgraded the shaft. I thought that the stock Kuro Kage was pretty bad. I actually think the driver is pretty forgiving up and down the head. If you hit it, don't set the loft to what you're playing now, it will go poorly.

Clicgear 3.5 or similar push cart will be mine very soon.

Golfsmith had a Amp cell hybo in the used section. It was the 2/3 hybo, and in perfect shape... Reg flex... ugh.

Ponder continues.

Hopkins or MackDaddy 2's.....you can't go wrong.

Golfsmith had a Amp cell hybo in the used section. It was the 2/3 hybo, and in perfect shape... Reg flex... ugh.

Ponder continues.

What exactly are you looking for RyJo?

Ponder continues.

New shaft, problem solved...Boom!

I am wanting the Amp Cell hybo, either 2/3 or 3/4. Need to check the bay.

Yeah, that's too much effort.

I may know someone that could help.

Starting to ponder a regular shaft for the 910D2, just to see if it would make a difference.

Man I struggled today. Doesn't help that the pro I contacted about getting on the monitor totally dismissed my request, simply saying "thats the same shaft I use, your swing speed is too slow for that". Well put me on a damn monitor and prove it to me that its not the best one for me.

Howzat to the rescue! Lending me one of his Hybrids for a few weeks for me to give it a test run, and I will reunite him with it in Vegas!

Thanks Erik, I appreciate it bro.

$60.00, it was a steal. Just didnt want to deal with the hassle of changing shafts.

If $60 for used is a steal, you better jump on $80 for new

Xhot, G25 or G20 drivers...gonna be tough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back