Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent an hour in Golf Galaxy today hitting a bunch of irons that I'm thinking of replacing mine with. I need to take a step back into a touch more forgiveness in my irons. I've been gaming the Mizuno mp-64s since I started playing and I'm quite comfortable with them, but my ball striking is suffering a touch from the lack of forgiveness and my relative newness to the game.

I hit TM Rocketballz hd
Adams Idea Tech v4 hybrids and forged
Cleveland 588 Altitudes.

Gotta be honest, I hated 3 of the 4. The TM and the hybrids were just terrible for me. Hated the feel and the size of the clubs. I think I've been a touch spoiled for feel with the Mizunos.

The forged Adams clubs however were nice. The length of the shafts was an issue but they felt good and while not quite as tight in flight as the other three they were definitely tighter then my Mizunos and about ten yards longer.

I've got a tough decision too make now. I love my Mizunos and I really enjoy hitting them. And so so so pretty. I'm really starting too think after analyzing my last few rounds that a set that's a bit easier too hit would cut a fair number of strokes off my game.

So yes, seriously thinking about the Idea Tech v4 forged irons.

Thoughts or opinions anyone?

Spent an hour in Golf Galaxy today hitting a bunch of irons that I'm thinking of replacing mine with. I need to take a step back into a touch more forgiveness in my irons. I've been gaming the Mizuno mp-64s since I started playing and I'm quite comfortable with them, but my ball striking is suffering a touch from the lack of forgiveness and my relative newness to the game.

I hit TM Rocketballz hd
Adams Idea Tech v4 hybrids and forged
Cleveland 588 Altitudes.

Gotta be honest, I hated 3 of the 4. The TM and the hybrids were just terrible for me. Hated the feel and the size of the clubs. I think I've been a touch spoiled for feel with the Mizunos.

The forged Adams clubs however were nice. The length of the shafts was an issue but they felt good and while not quite as tight in flight as the other three they were definitely tighter then my Mizunos and about ten yards longer.

I've got a tough decision too make now. I love my Mizunos and I really enjoy hitting them. And so so so pretty. I'm really starting too think after analyzing my last few rounds that a set that's a bit easier too hit would cut a fair number of strokes off my game.

So yes, seriously thinking about the Idea Tech v4 forged irons.

Thoughts or opinions anyone?

Tried the JPX-825 Pro? Haven't hit them myself, but I've heard they're typical Mizuno when it comes to quality and feel...

On topic: as a reward for almost a month of not smoking, I'm treating myself to a complement wedge (missing a 52° in the bag)...not sure if I should go for a Vokey or not...(other option is the Mizuno MP-R12)
While I'm at it, I'll probably also change out my putter grip to a SuperStroke...tried it on a friend's putter and I love the way it limits the wrists breaking down (which I tend to do way too often...)

Amp cell driver. Been pondering but the 910d2 has been very good as of late

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Ok WPF is here. Vokeys in the oil can at 50/54/58, or Hopkins, or MD2.

Hopkins. Without a doubt. Fantastic wedge and the customization you can do for the price can't be beat.

Hopkins. Without a doubt. Fantastic wedge and the customization you can do for the price can't be beat.

How's the weighting? Similar to which

Amp cell driver. Been pondering but the 910d2 has been very good as of late

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Lets see how sunday goes...

3 options...how ya going to decide? #wedgeoff

How's the weighting? Similar to which

Similar to MD2 IMO. Tad on the heavier side similar to the RTX. They just seem to really shine on those 3/4 shots that I seem to have a lot. Plus I finally have confidence on full swings with wedges.

I don't know if its the grinds or what, but turf interaction is phenomenal.

Jman has spent tons of time with MD2 and Hopkins as well.

Similar to MD2 IMO. Tad on the heavier side similar to the RTX. They just seem to really shine on those 3/4 shots that I seem to have a lot. Plus I finally have confidence on full swings with wedges.

I don't know if its the grinds or what, but turf interaction is phenomenal.

Jman has spent tons of time with MD2 and Hopkins as well.
Thank you Sir. Appreciate it

The 910 was a beast. Have to think the 913 is equally as strong.

Stock shafts or something special?

I am special bro! I am not stock

I have liked the Mack Daddy's quite a bit. They are phenomenal on full swings. Great turf interaction abd beautiful ball flight. Turf interaction Is great on chips also, abd they really check fir this low spin player. My only complaint is they are not quite add easy to open up as my J40s were, but I'm sure the c grind would take care of that.

I have liked the Mack Daddy's quite a bit. They are phenomenal on full swings. Great turf interaction abd beautiful ball flight. Turf interaction Is great on chips also, abd they really check fir this low spin player. My only complaint is they are not quite add easy to open up as my J40s were, but I'm sure the c grind would take care of that.

Theyre so great even your partner wants to hit them!!

What? Still too early? :confused2:

I thanked your post just so I could unthanks it.

that was one thing I always liked about the J40's. Very easy to hit a variety of shots with.

T2GRN - I'd look at what shape you prefer first. Big time difference between the Hopkins and MD2 there. MD2 is a very round wedge and Hopkins has more straight lines. Leading edge is always a big deal to me. I don't need ruler straight, but I can't do something so round like the MD2.

A Fujikura F1 or F3.

Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike....guess what day it is! #WPF

Two different shafts there. Why both?

The F1 is a lower spin, but a touch lower launching. The F3 is supposed to be a slightly higher launch. But I am starting to become enamored with the F1.

The F1 is a lower spin, but a touch lower launching. The F3 is supposed to be a slightly higher launch. But I am starting to become enamored with the F1.

I've been thinking about something a little more butt stiff in the X-Hot, just to see what I get for ball flight. I hit that thing right on the edge and there are times I'd like it down a little.

F1 is a pretty stout shaft in the hydrid I thought. F3 felt good in the Fister to me.

Haha, he said fister

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back