Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does golf have a pinch hitter rule? I should hire one of those.

I should send you my 3 to play around with.

No worries buddy, I'll be on the hunt for a 21* 4 here shortly. I'm betting it could work well with a shaft I have in mind.

Not really. Like I said, it's solid for me after a few swings on the range, but I always seem to put it to the left on the first swing or three. It's in my head now.

Turning on it? I've dealt with a handful of hybrids that do exactly that. Hmm.

No worries buddy, I'll be on the hunt for a 21* 4 here shortly. I'm betting it could work well with a shaft I have in mind.

Turning on it? I've dealt with a handful of hybrids that do exactly that. Hmm.

It's obviously a swing issue (low and left), but you know how that goes lol.

It's obviously a swing issue (low and left), but you know how that goes lol.

hahaha yeah, we've all been there. I struggle with distance control on my long irons. I can get a pure strike quite a bit, but that flush 100% distance shot is a bit harder to come by. I figure something in the hybrid long iron style would be a great test.

Looking for new irons. Maybe a driver.

Going to thoroughly put a set of Alt's through their paces. Time to get over this need to have a small headed thin top line unforgiving blade style iron.

Agreed. You should just give those Razr X MBs away, anyway. (They don't happen to be 1/2" long and 2* up? I'm asking for a friend.)

Agreed. You should just give those Razr X MBs away, anyway. (They don't happen to be 1/2" long and 2* up? I'm asking for a friend.)

I can extend them and they are already 2 up

No offense dude, but this post is just not right. Allowed to say that? The entire thread is made up of both positive and negative opinions of the clubs just like every other equipment thread. Some of us have absolutely loved them and believe they have helped us enjoy the game more. I guess from now on, we should not state that?

I think it's probably a good idea for everyone to keep their emotions low when discussing golf clubs. No need to get all "fan boy" in here.

That reminds me, can I offer you a pamphlet and some Kool-Ade to discuss the Dave Stockton "Unconscious Putting" method?

I can extend them and they are already 2 up

I really, really want to ponder those irons. The MBs are possibly my favorite looking irons. But, I need to stick with the MPs for now. They are actually starting to work again.

I think I need to put something new in my bag. I would like new irons, but I don't need anything right now.

The ho in me is trying to take over.

I think I may run to EW after work to see if they have individual sleeves of balls. Gonna start testing some different stuff and see what happens. So far out of just randoms I have laying around is some Q-stars, e5, prov1 and I think I've got a b330-rx. I think it's time to retire the e6.

For better or worse I tried the Mizuno MP 68 irons tonight at golfsmith. I have never hit blades before and I did not think I was good enough to hit them. Boy was I wrong. Smooth was my only thought when I swung them. The weighting and everything seemed perfect. Good thing its the end of the season or I would have strongly considered buying them. Now I just have to ponder them all winter.

For better or worse I tried the Mizuno MP 68 irons tonight at golfsmith. I have never hit blades before and I did not think I was good enough to hit them. Boy was I wrong. Smooth was my only thought when I swung them. The weighting and everything seemed perfect. Good thing its the end of the season or I would have strongly considered buying them. Now I just have to ponder them all winter.

The end of the season is in August? News to me. :alien:

The end of the season is in August? News to me. :alien:
I go back to school the 29th so it basically ends for me. I'll still play but nowhere near enough.

#wpf starts in less than 4 hours suckas!

New bag, driver, 3w, and hybrids.

AMP Forged, AMP Cell Pro combo set. I think that a slightly less-forgiving iron will help my ball-striking.

AMP Forged, AMP Cell Pro combo set. I think that a slightly less-forgiving iron will help my ball-striking.

Are the lofts pretty close on those sets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back