The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They cant use THE anymore. Clemson is taking that one too. Its TheRollClemsonU from now on.

I thought Clemson took their cues from schools in the state of Alabama.

They cant use THE anymore. Clemson is taking that one too. Its TheRollClemsonU from now on.

Geaux Tigers and they will probably adopt the fight song of the winner between ND/Michigan this weekend.

Wisconsin fan talking about relevancy. #RollAdorable #RollCheese

Some of which have won NC's more recently, than THE college in ohio. But the buckeyes have been on probation more recently, so they have that going for them.

Living in the past, thats cute...the words of a fan already tossing the towel in on their season.

If we are living in the past, heres some knowledge for ya

Buckeyes havent lost a game since 2011

Living in the past, thats cute...the words of a fan already tossing the towel in on their season.

According to the BCS, how many have they played? 1? Buffalo a tough test? I mean I know they would probably finish 5th in the Big 10, but outside of it? :D

Living in the past I see... a irrelevent past too.

Auburn is undefeated this year... and has played a BCS opponent.

Wisconsin fan talking about relevancy. #RollAdorable #RollCheese

Oh I know. But I am pretty sure that even Wisconsin could have gotten at least one win in the SEC last year. But in general, Bucky isn't that good.

According to the BCS, how many have they played? 1? Buffalo a tough test? I mean I know they would probably finish 5th in the Big 10, but outside of it? :D

BCS is BS we all know that

Difference between OSU and Auburn is that OSU got caught.

Regardless, pages and pages of talk about a team that hasnt even averaged 8 wins a season over the past 5 or so is just comical.

Next thing you know we will see all of the Clemson fans talking about how great they are and how they promise not to wet the bed in big games anymore....oh wait

I see Jrod lurking...he will talk some sense into you Auburn clowns living in Cam's "glory days"

Regardless, pages and pages of talk about a team that hasnt even averaged 8 wins a season over the past 5 or so is just comical.

Next thing you know we will see all of the Clemson fans talking about how great they are and how they promise not to wet the bed in big games anymore....oh wait

I dont disagree with that. Auburn stinks.
I hate the SEC.
But success is success.

I hate the SEC.
But success is success.

MY point is that teams in the SEC aren't automatically better because they are in the SEC. Mizzou, Tenn, Miss St, or Ole Miss aren't any less awful because of they're conference.

I hate the SEC.
But success is success.

So you agree, more talk about 11 wins per year over the last 5 needs to trump all this just over .500 talk?

Mike sure is angry.

MY point is that teams in the SEC aren't automatically better because they are in the SEC. Mizzou, Tenn, Miss St, or Ole Miss aren't any less awful because of they're conference.

And I think many would argue that those teams (especially 2 of them) would be 2nd or 3rd place in the Big 10. Its a sad state and I hate that so much being from a school in the ACC, but their dominance, weather and programs have brought in talent. I know that midwest fans will strongly disagree. Dont care frankly, we see it year after year.

The same team that is 7-1 in bowl games in the past 10 years... compared Ohio state at.... 5-4. Or the team that has gone undeafeted twice in the same period... in the sec. Oh yeah- Ohio state has even't managed that once in the embarassment of a conference they are in.

There is plenty of room on the #LonghornNation bus for those in here. Your seat is awaiting you.

#CleanProgram
#PlayingTheGameRight
#MackRocks
#ShockTheNationTour

So you agree, more talk about 11 wins per year over the last 5 needs to trump all this just over .500 talk?

The problem with a lot of SEC fans, MD, is that they seem to hang their hats on Alabama's, LSU's, Tebow's, and Cam's successes for examples as to why their 4-8 team are better than your 11-1 team.

The same team that is 7-1 in bowl games in the past 10 years... compared Ohio state at.... 5-4. Or the team that has gone undeafeted twice in the same period... in the sec. Oh yeah- Ohio state has even't managed that once in the embarassment of a conference they are in.

Wake we aren't allowed to talk about our school. Mike said so. We can only talk about Ohio state since they had a good season last year.

Mike sure is angry.

Miss you buddy.

I am excited to watch some football this weekend thats for sure!

SC and GA along with MIch and ND isnt a bad week 2

Ur right, Ohio state should suck as bad as Auburn so they can play in the Car Care Bowl

The problem with a lot of SEC fans, MD, is that they seem to hang their hats on Alabama's, LSU's, Tebow's, and Cam's successes for examples as to why their 4-8 team are better than your 11-1 team.

I haven't seen anyone do that... have there been any Vandy, Miss St or Kentucky fans in here claiming they wre better last year (or any recent year) than OSU? I do think a 4-8 Team in the SEC is probably the better team over a 4-8 Team in the Big 10. But that argument is a bit useless.

Opps my bad, look at these Gems

2002Capital One
2003Music City
2004Sugar
2005Capital One
2006Cotton
2007Chick-fil-A
2009Outback
2010BCS Championship
2011Chick-fil-A

And I think many would argue that those teams (especially 2 of them) would be 2nd or 3rd place in the Big 10. Its a sad state and I hate that so much being from a school in the ACC, but their dominance, weather and programs have brought in talent. I know that midwest fans will strongly disagree. Dont care frankly, we see it year after year.

I don't disagree with this. The Big Ten has been awful lately. It just kills me that fans of also ran schools in the SEC would root for the schools with the better paid players...err... more successful schools. I like Mike and jRod, but I would rather sit on a fire hydrant for 8 hours than root for OSU to win anything. I don't get how an Ole Miss fan or Tennessee fan could root for Alabama or LSU. The only explanation would be as a means to justify their own team's suckiness.

Ur right, Ohio state should suck as bad as Auburn so they can play in the Car Care Bowl

Which we did in 03. Every other bowl game has been on a New years Day type game. We can rule out the Chick Fil A games if you want. that still makes us 4-1 in Bowl games. Including 2-0 in the BCS and a win the NC game... how did your NC games go again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back