TaylorMade SpeedBlade Irons Preview

Same size imo.

ebuzuzaq.jpg

Similar size and a replacement.

Thanks for the quick reply. I like the performance of the bladez a lot. If these are a step up, we'll that's impressive.

I could see them being a close comparison to the R11's not the R9's TBH.

That would be unfortunate since the R11s were awful IMO. I would assume the guys there tonight will be testing some sort of tour version of this iron tonight? Or will it be the regular retail version?

Time will tell Damaikis.

I see that it's still there but didn't the RocketBladez just have an open slot? The pictures of these look like the speed pocket is there, but filled in with an epoxy or something.

The RocketBladez were filled in with epoxy too. Or something, can't remember exactly what it was.

Thanks for the quick reply. I like the performance of the bladez a lot. If these are a step up, we'll that's impressive.

The looks alone would sell me. The Bladez were great.

Similar to looking down at the Burner 2.0? That's a huge compliment in my books. They physically look good if you ask me.

They do look very similar to the 2.0's at address in photos, good call there.

Hawk, would you be able to give the short, mid, and long irons a go for us to get a couple initial thoughts if you have time?

My guess is that they will test both. If they have a Tour version that is.

I like the look! And I'm going to put those suckers to the test! Bank on it.

The RocketBladez were filled in with epoxy too. Or something, can't remember exactly what it was.

I think you're right. I don't know much of anything tonight.

How wide are the soles on the wedges compared to the ATV?

They do look very similar to the 2.0's at address in photos, good call there.

Hawk, would you be able to give the short, mid, and long irons a go for us to get a couple initial thoughts if you have time?

Absolutely. I'm not sure when that's going to happen, but likely after their presentation.

Oh em gee!! After putting the Rocketbladez through their paces over the past year, I can't wait to hit these!! As a 17 Hc'er I'm looking for more forgiveness (until i straighten out my swing flaws) and have been thinking of moving to Hyrons to help. I have to hit these before that happens!

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

This doesn't surprise me. TM has a winner with the Bladez, why would they deviate from it too much? These appaer to be the next evolution - slightly different shape to the slot (more slot?), beefier back/bottom half of the club (which doesn't visually appeal to me, but whatever) and a new color scheme. It is hard to imagine these won't be solid clubs.

Absolutely. I'm not sure when that's going to happen, but likely after their presentation.

No rush man, just glad we'll get some early feedback before the testers this weekend break them in

I liked the yellow OK on the RocketBladez, but I am loving the blue on the Speedblades. Can't wait to have them in my hands this weekend.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

I'm looking to replace my R9s but these are definitely not my cup of tea.

A quick shout out to Hawk for going to this tonight. He is filling in for me last minute so that we could get final preparations done for the Ultimate Club Testing with TaylorMade Golf and these very irons.

Great info so far.

Be interesting to see how high DJ hits these. I can't imagine the tour players will like them, except for maybe the 3 & 4 . These remind me of the Nike Slingblades or Slingshots. The patent on that must have expired.

A TM staff member (employee) just hot some rockets. I'm literally 10 feet from where they'll be hitting balls.

Hawk is having a great day! Can't wait to see what the testers think!

I Tapped that with my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the blue color and I'm sure these will be great for the higher handicap player but I prefer the RocketBladez. That said the guys going to the Ultimate Club Testing are truly lucky. I would love to be attending.

The TaylorMade offerings honestly haven't been a WOW for me since the Burner 2.0's. I remember watching the press release for them on the internet, and I was super excited.

RBZ, RocketBladez, and unfortunately this new offering just do not turn my crank unfortunately. The blue I like. But thats about the extent of it. The line names just seem uninspired to me, what is next the TM Really Really Quick Irons?

Love the THP coverage, and the pics from Hawk are awesome though !

Praying for no shanks. It's been great knowing you all!

aby4a9y8.jpg

Be interesting to see how high DJ hits these. I can't imagine the tour players will like them, except for maybe the 3 & 4 . These remind me of the Nike Slingblades or Slingshots. The patent on that must have expired.

There are a lot of tour players playing GI style irons, why would these be any different for some of them?

Back