TaylorMade SpeedBlade Irons Preview

4a5yne2e.jpg

they look better than the few previous ones.... never been a fan of the TM looks, but those are looking nice.

Curious about the specs on these irons.

Also I wonder when a company is going to really push the changeability of shafts and face angle in irons. I keep thinking it is coming and nothing thus far. It just makes it so much easier to try different shafts out without having to take the club someplace for a reshaft.

Hawk, you're a rockstar man. Thanks for all the updates.

All I want to see is a Jason Day 8 iron go 200 yards. It's possible.

Speed pocket has performed on tour. 23 million in winnings.

Evolution of the speed pocket. Look better, sound better.

Curious about the specs on these irons.

Also I wonder when a company is going to really push the changeability of shafts and face angle in irons. I keep thinking it is coming and nothing thus far. It just makes it so much easier to try different shafts out without having to take the club someplace for a reshaft.

But you don't have to take a club somewhere to reshaft. Steel irons are pretty simple to reshaft on your own and it's pretty simple.

Not to mention it's a tough sell trying to sell just a single iron shaft.

But you don't have to take a club somewhere to reshaft. Steel irons are pretty simple to reshaft on your own and it's pretty simple.

Not to mention it's a tough sell trying to sell just a single iron shaft.

This is true I have pulled plenty of steel shafts. However I am on a graphite kick with my irons so I am pretty interested in testing the different offerings out there. I have done graphite before but only with cheaper shafts. I would be pretty nervous to do it with a shaft that was high $

Hawk, thanks for all the updates!

Hawk is killing it! Love the first hand reporting!

TaylorMade has roots in this part of Illinois. Founded in McHenry IL.

Hawk you freaking rock dude!

Keep the updates coming man

wow these look good. Never been a huge TM iron guy, but I want to give these a shot badly!

Hawk you are doing awesome man, any pictures of the graphite shaft offering?

wow these look good. Never been a huge TM iron guy, but I want to give these a shot badly!

Hawk you are doing awesome man, any pictures of the graphite shaft offering?

I'll just happen to have a set when I get back on Monday..........

I will in a bit ddec.

Great coverage, Cap'n!!!

Two thoughts: first, I find it interesting that the club they mention this is tested against is not RocketBladez... Getting a comparison vs a club a BUNCH of launch cycles ago was on purpose to show advancement. Why not vs Rbladez??? Science of White comes to mind... Find what makes it "longer" and use that.

Secondly: change the badging to say Nickent/Powerbilt/Slazenger/store brand and not many would be liking all that is going on with the colors, etc.
Anyway, glad they're longer! That's amazing! Not many claim that these days...

I'm looking forward to putting my hands on these in a few years, once my handicap and their prices both come down. Some of the best looking TM sticks I've seen. Been very impressed with my Burners, so I'm interested to see where these are going.

Make him to come to Rochester on the 28th for Mill Creek, Garbage Plates and SpeedBlades. :angel:

Great job Hawk. These are kind of blaa looking, but no doubt they will produce. I don't understand the name, come on TM, why not "Star Ship", or "Wamm Bammers" or something?

"Pros are interested in distance, but demand consistency. Speed pocket unlocked doors for us."

this is very true, oh how I look forward to that. Not only will you have the irons but you will also have a boatload of information about them.

I will in a bit ddec.

you are aces my friend

Second biggest invention by our company after making woos woods metal.

Back