The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't watch the game but giving up 34 points to Cal is not good. Urban better work on the defense.

Yeah the d looked awful

Not to rub it in but I cant believe Texas got blown out again. Mack Brown needs to go.

Just watched the replay of the end to the Wisconsin/ASU game. That was strange.

Easy to blame the refs. No way 15+ seconds should run off of the clock like that. But, not sure why Wiconsin's QB "downed" the ball like that. Or why it was even necessary to do that. I understand trying to get the ball centered for a FG, but it was going to be about a 35 yard kick. Does angle really matter that much?

Still hard to get over the fumble/down though. That's just weird.

I'm not sure why the Wisconsin QB did that. Just go down on one knee and you solve all the problems. Wtf was he doing just putting it on the ground like that?

I went to bed too, missed that but I will head over to SportsCenter after the LPGA tournament is over to try to see a clip of it. That sounds just crazy.

Not going to lie the end of the Wisconsin game made me very happy. It was still a bad call but it made me very happy.

The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Just watched the replay of the end to the Wisconsin/ASU game. That was strange.

Easy to blame the refs. No way 15+ seconds should run off of the clock like that. But, not sure why Wiconsin's QB "downed" the ball like that. Or why it was even necessary to do that. I understand trying to get the ball centered for a FG, but it was going to be about a 35 yard kick. Does angle really matter that much?

Still hard to get over the fumble/down though. That's just weird.

I think Stave thought his knee touched and just moved quick. They had more than enough time to roll, knee, spike and kick.

I'm not sure why the Wisconsin QB did that. Just go down on one knee and you solve all the problems. Wtf was he doing just putting it on the ground like that?

If the refs thought that it wasn't a fumble, the ball should have be spotted. Just standing up holding the ball like that was weak sauce.

Not going to lie the end of the Wisconsin game made me very happy. It was still a bad call but it made me very happy.

Did you have money on the game?

The big 10 did not have a good weekend

The big 10 did not have a good weekend

Almost by definition, the B1G doesn't ever have a good weekend. No matter how many games the conference wins, on Sunday, it's still the B1G.

Almost by definition, the B1G doesn't ever have a good weekend. No matter how many games the conference wins, on Sunday, it's still the B1G.

Haha, I'm not a huge believer, but you would think it was the way the way you talk about it.

Haha, I'm not a huge believer, but you would think it was the way the way you talk about it.

The Big 10 is overrated dude. Massively.

tOSU is not NC material. Michigan is still rebuilding after Rich Rod. Nebraska is just a name at this point. Penn St...well we know... Wisconsin always seems to come up short. Michigan St is up and down. It's odd to say that the B1G is more of a basketball conference.

This really is crazy
[video=youtube;D-ELRub8n7s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=D-ELRub8n7s[/video]

The Big 10 is overrated dude. Massively.

tOSU is not NC material. Michigan is still rebuilding after Rich Rod. Nebraska is just a name at this point. Penn St...well we know... Wisconsin always seems to come up short. Michigan St is up and down. It's odd to say that the B1G is more of a basketball conference.

They were overrated in 06, now they are just average, and everyone knows it.

They were overrated in 06, now they are just average, and everyone knows it.

Not disagreeing. I wish I knew how it went so bad or how to get it back. But Wisconsin is a hockey school anyways :(

Not disagreeing. I wish I knew how it went so bad or how to get it back. But Wisconsin is a hockey school anyways :(

Wisconsin got hosed, plain and simple.

While I'm happy with the W, ASU had no business winning that game. At the very least, the whole sequence of events should have been reviewed in the booth, but for whatever reason it wasn't; the review should have given Wisky a shot at the game-winning FG.

On the flipside, I feel that this is karma for that 2010 B1G-officiated travesty in Madison! :tongue:

With 20 seconds left WI took a knee in the middle of the field for a chip shot field goal vStave put the ball on the ground. ASU players jumped on it and wouldn't get up. The refs let the clock run and didn't make the players get off the ball. WI had the clock run out on them.

It should've been a delay of game on ASU. Absolutely ridiculous that the officials let the game end like that. They basically lost control of the game, I didn't have a dog in the fight but the refereeing was terrible the whole game. On the long pass play that got Wisconsin deep down there on the final drive the Wisconsin receiver stepped out of bounds twice but they let the play stand even after review. Officiating has been bad all around the NCAA this year.

I think ACC>B1G.

This season, the ACC is one of the top conferences in CFB.

There. I said it.

It depends what you consider ranked?
They have more in the top 10 dont they?

Not sure I thought 3 ish total

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back