The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found one more reason to hate both Derek Fooley and Lame Kitten today.

Tajh Boyd, Clemson star quarterback, was being recruited heavily by Tennessee at the end of Kiffin's short stay in Tennessee. UT and Clemson were the front runners for Boyd at that point. So when Kiffin left he tried some shady stunt, trying to get Boyd to come with him to USC. Boyd declined and Dooley, in probably one of his stupidest moves while at UT, cut all ties with Boyd as soon as he stepped on campus and took over.

Little known fact that was brought to my attention today.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That's not the story that I heard about Kiffen and Boyd.

Fulmer recruited Boyd to UT, and Boyd was committed. When Kiffen took over, he told Boyd, "Thanks, but no thanks," and released him from his scholarship. If you do some searching, you'll find multiple versions of that story, not the one where Kiffen wanted to take Boyd to USC.

Another interesting note: UT had another highly rated QB committed when Kiffen took over. Kiffen released him. He now starts for Baylor and is leading the country in total offense.

That Lane Kiffen can spot QB talent...

That's not the story that I heard about Kiffen and Boyd.

Fulmer recruited Boyd to UT, and Boyd was committed. When Kiffen took over, he told Boyd, "Thanks, but no thanks," and released him from his scholarship. If you do some searching, you'll find multiple versions of that story, not the one where Kiffen wanted to take Boyd to USC.

Another interesting note: UT had another highly rated QB committed when Kiffen took over. Kiffen released him. He now starts for Baylor and is leading the country in total offense.

That Lane Kiffen can spot QB talent...

Maybe true. Like you said though, multiple stories. That actually makes sense though, given the time line of things. He committed to Clemson in January of 2009, so I don't know how he would have been able to have anything to do with Dooley.

Thanks for taking away one of my many reasons for despising Kiffin!

I hate Kiffin.
But I also really really hate Dooley. Living in kentucky, and having to deal with them beating UT for the first time in my life... :angry:

I hate Kiffin.
But I also really really hate Dooley. Living in kentucky, and having to deal with them beating UT for the first time in my life... :angry:

I bet that state almost imploded when that happened!

I love watching this catch, over and over!!!
giphy.gif

Here's mine that I love watching over & over!!!

conleygrab.gif

Missing on the deep balls has killed us though.

Some of it's not all Marshall though. The deep ball he missed on during the Ole Miss game was missed because the receiver was held up.

Here's mine that I love watching over & over!!!

conleygrab.gif

That was a NASTY catch! I wasn't even mad at our defender on that one. Good coverage. That was just pure talent and athleticism on display right there!

I love watching this over and over!!!

punter.gif

Wow. That was a p*ss poor angle right there. Pretty funny GIF if your Longhorns fan though.

That UT/OU gif is outstanding. I remember seeing that replay and thinking he didn't even try!!!

And that Nebraska catch is amazing because he did it in the middle of a couple of defenders. No way I go up for a ball in traffic like that.

Oregon is at it again....

avugy7y8.jpg

If anyone wants to try and pick Johhny Manziels haloween constume this year they can go to outkickthecoverage and vote on what they want him to wear.

Oregons Unis for this weekend;

ZYLHJBBJQUIQFRV.20131016212052.jpg

Oregon is at it again....

avugy7y8.jpg

My only response, why not? Now if Oregon donates some money to ta-ta cancer charities, then in all for it.

Hopefully Oregon donates a higher percentage of the proceeds than the NFL currently is for similar jerseys.

Hopefully Oregon donates a higher percentage of the proceeds than the NFL currently is for similar jerseys.

First thing I thought of as well.

Oregons Unis for this weekend;

ZYLHJBBJQUIQFRV.20131016212052.jpg

I don't even remember what their orig. colors were anymore. Every uniform Oregon comes up with is more god awful than the last.

They're in an arms race with Maryland to see who can look the most ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back