Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asked myself this same thing many, many times. In the end, if I'm going cheap, I'm going really cheap. 50's work out just fine.

Sounds good to me, considering I can get 2 dz for only $6 more than 1 dz Duos would be

Sounds good to me, considering I can get 2 dz for only $6 more than 1 dz Duos would be

Not the most durable hard cover ball in the world, but feel like marshmallows, even in the 30's - and as you mentioned, not a ball you have to worry about losing in the leaves.

i think my golf pondering is starting to slow down here. got new irons, new driver, new bag, new golf shoes, new putter grip, new hybrid, new 3/4 wood. Guess maybe i can start looking for stuff for christmas lol.

Long conversation last night with a good friend of mine in North Carolina that I completely trust. He was playing in a Pro-Am past two days and called me afterwards to tell me that I need to hit the Optiforce 3w immediately.

I have immediately gone into full pondering mode and need to go hit the club. Very rare that he makes that kind of comment, so he has me very intrigued.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really liked that 3W alot. For as much as I kept trying to convince myself to buy it the numbers just weren't that different from my current gamer. My two cents: be sure to take your current gamer with you when you hit this on on the LM.

Pondering a winter ball, since morning temps are dipping into the high 30's here. Thinking W/S either Duo or 50 Elite - worth paying extra for the Duo? They're both stupid cheap, but I can get a dz 50's for $13, Duos are $20. Spin is really a non concern here in the winter because the ground is so damp - I've seen drivers stop within 5 yards of landing.

It is usually Gamer2s and e6s for me. I'm thinking the Lady Precent might get a shot in the rotation this winter.

Pondering a winter ball, since morning temps are dipping into the high 30's here. Thinking W/S either Duo or 50 Elite - worth paying extra for the Duo? They're both stupid cheap, but I can get a dz 50's for $13, Duos are $20. Spin is really a non concern here in the winter because the ground is so damp - I've seen drivers stop within 5 yards of landing.

With the amount of leaves falling, I have moved to Wilson Duos. I used the 50 Elite but prefer the Duo a little better. That being said - leaves do not discriminate when it comes to hiding a golf ball.

RELs but cant decide if i should go mid or oversize or mid and add a wrap or two.

With mid, at least you have the option of increasing. Can't decrease the oversize!!!

Great choice on the RELs. Love those things.

I really liked that 3W alot. For as much as I kept trying to convince myself to buy it the numbers just weren't that different from my current gamer. My two cents: be sure to take your current gamer with you when you hit this on on the LM.

Thanks, I absolutely plan on it. Really like my current 3w but it is beat up and probably time for me to replace. I plan on hitting my current gamer alongside the Optiforce as well as a few others before I decide.

With mid, at least you have the option of increasing. Can't decrease the oversize!!!

Great choice on the RELs. Love those things.

Me too, but iLines they aren't. :alien:

Oh, right... I-Lines.. I was pondering those wasn't I..

Golfworks had a recent deal going on REL's - 12 for like $38. You might want to look to see if it is still active as that's a healthy price difference over the I-Lines.

Pure grips for my New irons, just need to choose a color

Pure grips for my New irons, just need to choose a color
Pro or Wrap? I have the Wrap on my fairway, but have been considering switching to the Pro.

Pros are so much better than the wraps imo.

Me too, but iLines they aren't. :alien:

not sure I want to drop the money for I-lines on clubs(irons) I'm not sure I'm not sure I will be gaming come spring. Just want to replace the GP wraps i put on this spring.

I'm the total opposite of you guys. I can't stand pro style grips. I love the wraps. The pro style are terrible for me once it gets wet or my hands get sweaty.

Pros are so much better than the wraps imo.

Same here. Wraps are just too slick for me. Pros are grippy without tearing up your hands (see THP grips).

Same here. Wraps are just too slick for me. Pros are grippy without tearing up your hands (see THP grips).

Hate wraps. Had one on my Driver in the downpour that was the Atlanta Invitational. My driver almost went flying on almost every hole.

I don't mind the Golf Pride Tour Wrap. I quite like it on my drivers. I used the Pure Pro's for a while and I liked them much better than the tour velvet or crossline.

Hate wraps. Had one on my Driver in the downpour that was the Atlanta Invitational. My driver almost went flying on almost every hole.
My main reason for wanting to switch. I prefer (most days) to play without a glove. Any moisture at all with the Wrap is no bueno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back