The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winston is from Alabama

I thought I heard he was from Texas. Oh well. I was wrong on that. But the list of Texas QBs that went out of state is nuts.

The list of Texas born QBs that have played elsewhere while Texas has had crap is staggering. Imagine If Mack got Andrew Luck or Jameis Winston to stay in state?

Matthew Stafford was pretty good.

Matthew Stafford was pretty good.

Yup. Even Blaine Gabbert was a good college quarterback. And let's not forget that RG3 was a Texas guy that may have stayed in state but went to a Longhorns rival.

How the hell is Baylor ranked 5th in the AP? I guess dropping double nickels on the powerhouse known as Kansas will do that?

Yup. Even Blaine Gabbert was a good college quarterback. And let's not forget that RG3 was a Texas guy that may have stayed in state but went to a Longhorns rival.

There is also that manziel fella.

The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

There is also that manziel fella.

My point exactly.

The list is lengthy.

Blugold,
Have you ever looked at all the stars and what states they come from? TX and FL seem to produce the majority every single year. You cant keep all of them when every school in the country is trying to recruit from the same 2 states.

Auburn is 8th in the AP, 11th in the coaches. I guess Auburn's win against FAU convinced the coaches that they were better than Tampa, even if the heads up win didn't.

Blugold,
Have you ever looked at all the stars and what states they come from? TX and FL seem to produce the majority every single year. You cant keep all of them when every school in the country is trying to recruit from the same 2 states.

I understand. But Mack is recruiting the wrong people at quarterback. I guess I'm not in the room when the conversations happen. But there seems to be a lot of kids from Texas who are better than what they currently have.

I understand. But Mack is recruiting the wrong people at quarterback. I guess I'm not in the room when the conversations happen. But there seems to be a lot of kids from Texas who are better than what they currently have.

That has been the case the past 3 years, but before that their last 2qbs were McCoy and Young.

That has been the case the past 3 years, but before that their last 2qbs were McCoy and Young.

I guess my point is that in such a talent rich recruiting base, why is there such a big gap.

I guess my point is that in such a talent rich recruiting base, why is there such a big gap.

Couldnt you say the same thing about Florida, FSU and Miami? Three of the most dominant teams of the last 3 decades.

Because they signed Garret Gilbert the Gatorade player of the year and consensus top quarterback. They passed up on RG3 and manziel because of it

Couldnt you say the same thing about Florida, FSU and Miami? Three of the most dominant teams of the last 3 decades.

I wish I had a good answer for you. I know that CFB goes in cycles.

Because they signed Garret Gilbert the Gatorade player of the year and consensus top quarterback. They passed up on RG3 and manziel because of it

Oops.

There is no answer. Every school in the country wants the athletes that FL and TX offer. Every school gambles on athletes and Texas signed the most sought after prize in the land at QB. You cant take every player. Winston was a miss, by them, but the other two really werent. QB has not been an issue the last decade.

I like it;

AlabamaCrimsonTide.png
Alabama (55)
SEC
Record: 8-0

PV Rank
Oregon-Ducks-logo.png
Oregon (3)
Pac-12

FloridaState.png
Florida State (2)
ACC
Record: 7-0

OhioState.png
Ohio State
Big Ten

BaylorBears_0.png
Baylor
Big 12

Standford.png
Stanford
Pac-12
Record: 7-1

Miami_logo.png
Miami (FL)
ACC

Auburn.png
Auburn
SEC

clemson-logo.png
Clemson
ACC

Missouri-Tigers-logo.png
Missouri
SEC

Also, sure is weird seeing that little tiger paw behind the real Tigers.

Was really hoping UCLA would have helped the buckeyes out

Also, sure is weird seeing that little tiger paw behind the real Tigers.

I guess Clemson should have played that SEC juggernaut Florida Atlantic last weekend. Hilarious.

At at this point, rankings don't mean a whole lot for Clemson. If they win out, they likely play in the Sugar Bowl. If not, they're probably back in the CFA bowl. FSU probably wins out, but they certainly won't lose twice. So, there's zero chance of Clemson winning the ACC.

Since there's no playoff, this is basically what is left for Clemson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back