The Official Banter Away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had to explain to my folks where my wife's I'd name g - Rex came from..still can't not say it without laughing

My wife wants a dog... I do too, just not sure it's the best thing for us.

They are amazing and I wouldn't trade my for anything in the world. But they are also a lot of work, and can take up a lot of your time and money. You don't know what kind of dog you are going to get. Ellie is the perfect dog, minus some health issues, she has honestly been perfect. Duke on the other hand, has completely changed the way we live our lives because he is extremely needy, and has a ton of health problems. Seems like every day there is a new health issue with him. So you have to be prepared for those things as well. But the minute I look at either of their faces, my heart melts and I couldn't imagine my life without them. I love them more than I knew I was capable of loving.

My son, my daughter and both sleep with our eyes partially open. It's awesome

That's creepy. :alien:

Just had to explain to my folks where my wife's I'd name g - Rex came from..still can't not say it without laughing

I've read this 8 times and I am still confused

Still to this day one of the funniest things I have been around in the last few years.

Wife had a username on here...g-rex...stems from a conversation we had coming back from dinner with Josh and Morgan where my wife innocently asked if godzilla was a t-rex

They are amazing and I wouldn't trade my for anything in the world. But they are also a lot of work, and can take up a lot of your time and money. You don't know what kind of dog you are going to get. Ellie is the perfect dog, minus some health issues, she has honestly been perfect. Duke on the other hand, has completely changed the way we live our lives because he is extremely needy, and has a ton of health problems. Seems like every day there is a new health issue with him. So you have to be prepared for those things as well. But the minute I look at either of their faces, my heart melts and I couldn't imagine my life without them. I love them more than I knew I was capable of loving.

That's creepy. :alien:

I grew up with dogs, so I'm very familiar with the work and how much they can cost when they have health issues. She never had an inside dog, or one that went to the vet etc. All she see is the cute face. If we are talking about trying to save as much money as possible right now, I don't think a dog is the right choice. I very much want a dog, I just want to make sure the timing is right.

I grew up with dogs, so I'm very familiar with the work and how much they can cost when they have health issues. She never had an inside dog, or one that went to the vet etc. All she see is the cute face. If we are talking about trying to save as much money as possible right now, I don't think a dog is the right choice. I very much want a dog, I just want to make sure the timing is right.

Completely understandable.

My wife wants a dog... I do too, just not sure it's the best thing for us.

Get an older dog. How big is your yard? Is it fenced?

Still to this day one of the funniest things I have been around in the last few years.

Alot funnier in person and when u see how innocent she acts.

LMAO @ G-rex

i can't decide what i want my avatar to be.. any suggestions?

Here you go...

oregon.gif

hehehe

Get an older dog. How big is your yard? Is it fenced?

We will most likely be getting an adult rescue of some sort, flat out don't have the time for a puppy. I have 1/3 acre, which is mostly back yard, fenced on all 3 sides so I would just have to put the fencing across the sides, so no big deal there.

Dogs are great. I've had many growing up and my dad still has one now. We had like 22 at one point LOL. Couple adults and a bunch of pups. Don't have the space or time to take care of one now, but love to visit my dad's.

We will most likely be getting an adult rescue of some sort, flat out don't have the time for a puppy. I have 1/3 acre, which is mostly back yard, fenced on all 3 sides so I would just have to put the fencing across the sides, so no big deal there.

That's what we would do I think if we were in that position you mentioned earlier (I posted my questions before I saw the rest of the thread!).

Do you mean you have to run fencing from the sides to your house? As in it's open to your back yard from your front yard? If so, I would suggest, if you can, to run the fencing to the front of the house instead of the back of the house (to make your back yard bigger). We did that as part of our house remodel to give the kids (the dogs) more room to play! Plus it put our air conditioner in the back yard, behind the fence.

That's what we would do I think if we were in that position you mentioned earlier (I posted my questions before I saw the rest of the thread!).

Do you mean you have to run fencing from the sides to your house? As in it's open to your back yard from your front yard? If so, I would suggest, if you can, to run the fencing to the front of the house instead of the back of the house (to make your back yard bigger). We did that as part of our house remodel to give the kids (the dogs) more room to play! Plus it put our air conditioner in the back yard, behind the fence.

I park on the side of the house, and don't want to bother with a gate. I actually would probably go along the front on one side and the back on the other, it would match my neighbors fences on both sides that way.

I park on the side of the house, and don't want to bother with a gate. I actually would probably go along the front on one side and the back on the other, it would match my neighbors fences on both sides that way.

Makes sense. We only moved one side to the front. Our house sits at an angle to the house on the other side, so we didn't think it would look right. Might still do it down the road.

The upper left hand corner of the bag tells the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back