Callaway Practicing For #Grandaddy

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
For those that are not away of the #Grandaddy, it is an epic battle between THPers and the Zoo Crew from Callaway Golf. 8 THPers are being flown to California for a trip of a lifetime and will compete against the Zoo Crew in a wonderful weekend event.

Well, THP caught up with one member of the Zoo Crew today and he wanted to show you guys his practice regime. You can tell him what you think of his practice on Twitter at this handle @JohnnyRodCG

that's awesome. Love to see the #ZooCrew are putting in the extra hours of practice.

I saw one of the fish he caught earlier today. There is plenty of water in Palm Springs, so he can practice his fishing and ball retrieving while we are practicing finding the middle of the fairway

He's not even a fisherman! Using a close faced Zebco reel like my son did when he was 5. If that is any indication of the golf he's bringing to the course. We're going to be looking for windmills and waterfalls.

That smug ba$tard!

• Admin
I put his Twitter handle in the 1st post.

He should at least tuck in his shirt

#Dreamteam is full of class

He will do be plenty of that when they have no chance of winning. Let him "practice" we will be ready.

It looks like CGJRod is -- wait for it -- fishing for excuses for why the ZooCrew lost the #Grandaddy.

Hopefully, his game can be up to scale

Otherwise, the DreamTeam will fillet him and his ZooCrew teammates.

I just hope we can [insert random fishing reference here​] in a few weeks.

If he plans on bringing a fishing reel to the 1st tee, I'm going to Vegas with a 10&8 final in favor of THP in that match.

That's hilarious! I had no clue he looked like Adam Sandler in the waterboy though, how did I miss that?

After seeing this I know the #ZooCrew doesn't stand a chance!!!

#DreamTeam FTW!!!

I suppose those Zoo Crew fellas are used to dealing with water all the time. More good news for the #DreamTeam.

Wow...little to cocky I think. Oh I got it...working on his cast flip...makes sense now!

What a wuss, real men fish with gators nearby. The zoo crew seems to be a little pansieish.

It looks like CGJRod is -- wait for it -- fishing for excuses for why the ZooCrew lost the #Grandaddy.

Hopefully, his game can be up to scale

Otherwise, the DreamTeam will fillet him and his ZooCrew teammates.

I just hope we can [insert random fishing reference here​] in a few weeks.

It won't be a fluke when we beat them.

I'm going to wear the #grandaddy belt to sleep just for the halibut

Has he been giving Harry golf lessons? That explains him casting on his downswing

As a former coach, one of the first lessons I taught was "Don't comment- they don't need bulletin board material. We have all we need. Just remember it when we play them."

So, with that said, I'm glad he had a nice day fishing! I hope he caught a few!!!

What is he using a Zebco 33?? They would run you out of Texas for that unless you were 12!

Back