Your Biggest Achievement (so far in your life)

Oregon Jack

Let's real 'er back in.
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish?
what is your biggest achievement/proudest moment so far in your life?

considering I'm only 17 and havn't had any kids or done anything extremely amazing, I guess I'd have to say mine would be beating the pro at my course in a match play round..

Mine is both of my kids being on the honor role at school :)

Getting Married, 2nd is finally getting out of debt.

Hopefully soon it will be having a child.

Ours is raising two great kids to become young adults with good heads on their shoulders! And living to talk about it lol

There's no substitute for being half responsible for a whole new life. I've been blessed to do it twice. Anything else I've ever accomplished just competes for a distant second place on this list.

edit: as luck would have it this was my 6k post. I like it.

Last edited:
Becoming a United States Marine. I don't think there is anything else that can be said to quantify that, it just is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's easy....my kids

Hanging up my spurs and marrying my lovely bride.

My kids.

There's no substitute for being half responsible for a whole new life. I've been blessed to do it twice. Anything else I've ever accomplished just competes for a distant second place on this list.[/QUOTE
This is exactly how I feel, all the personal goals I have now revolve around making a better life for my kids.

Doing a better job of raising my daughter than my father did raising me. I'm breaking the absentee father cycle.

Second would be 12 years in the Marine Corps.

Doing a better job of raising my daughter than my father did raising me. I'm breaking the absentee father cycle.

Solid!

That's awesome. Parenting is so hard

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Proudest moment, although it didn't feel that way at the time, I had a employee who developed serious alcohol addiction under our noses - it wasn't until we found him spitting up blood at his desk we knew how bad. Sadly, after a year of employee assistance and rehab we had to let him go. I also stepped away from the friendship because of toxicity of it. He passed a few years later tragically. While we weren't able to save his life, at his remembrance ceremony, his mom, who I had never met and wasn't expecting, walked up to me, gave me a huge hug and held me for a minute and said "I knew this was inevitable. Thank you for giving me a few more years with my son."

I tear up every time I think about it. As I am now.

(I seriously sat here for 5 minutes before I hit the post button. Hadn't really thought about it for years.)

Raising very bright sons.
Raising them to be productive citizens.
Being a good husband to one woman for 21 years.
My military service (although I never achieved my true dream)
Beating alcohol
Never put an illegal drug into my body.

All are a tie, I'm equally proud of those things.

I would have to say my biggest acheivement was achieved when I was only 16 and it was winning a British national gymnastics sports acrobatics championship

For those of you that aren't quite sure what this sport involves, there should be a link to a clip below.....if it is the wrong video, I will sort it when I get home tonight as I cannot view them at work to check

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRdpgfuyOsY

This video (assuming it is the correct one) shows each of the disciplines involved - I competed in the mens pairs and was the 'base' which meant I was the one at the bottom

My children

Are we brothers LOL?

Having kids was easy, raising kids is not.

Me making it through Marine Corps bootcamp was likely the toughest thing I've ever done. Going into it over 190 lbs and coming out at 160 solid was not easy.....at all.

Putting my oldest through college without her, or I, having to take out any school loans. One more semester. :). And raising my youngest daughter. My kids are my greatest accomplishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marrying my wife, she could do so much better than me. Luckily for me, she hasn't figured that out yet.

Definitely raising my two boys and watching them grow into fine young men.

Accepting Jesus Christ, getting married, graduating college, landing a full-time job at a major automobile manufacturer!

Definitely my kids

Raising my children to care about others before themselves and not allowing these day to day disapointments direct the paths I take.

Back