Cleveland Classic HB-4.5 and HB-6 - THP Review Thread

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
In for review here in Oklahoma are two of my favorite things....PUTTERS!

I'll be doing the front-page review on the 2013-2014 Cleveland Classic HB-4.5 and HB-6 with the Black Pearl finishes. The HB-4.5 is actually a slant-neck Anser style blade and the HB-6 is a double-bend mid-mallet design.

From Cleveland Golf about the new run of Classic Putters:
Four different tour-proven designs with enhanced feel give any player an edge on the green. Now available in a sleek Black Pearl finish, these models suit everyone from beginners to the most discerning experts

• Tour Proven Design - Now available in a sleek Black Pearl finish to inspire confidence among players of all abilities.
  • Heel-Toe Weighting - Maximizes Moment of Inertia for minimal distance loss on off-center hits.
  • Enhanced Feel - New and improved Winn grip offers soft texture and responsive feedback. A slightly deeper CNC milling pattern on the face promotes a softer feel at impact for more control.

• The HB-4.5 is available in 33, 34, 35 inches and has a headweight of 340g
  • The HB-6 is available in 33, 34, 35 inches and has a headweight of 350g

Some in hand pics!

DSC_1090-L.jpg

HB-4.5:

DSC_1084-L.jpg

DSC_1085-L.jpg

DSC_1086-L.jpg

DSC_1087-L.jpg

DSC_1088-L.jpg

DSC_1089-L.jpg

DSC_1081-L.jpg

DSC_1082-L.jpg

HB-6:

DSC_1071-L.jpg

DSC_1069-L.jpg

DSC_1072-L.jpg

DSC_1074-L.jpg

DSC_1077-L.jpg

DSC_1065-L.jpg

Nice and very interesting. That slant neck looks pretty darn good!

Milling looks fairly traditional with the a Cleveland line, looking forward to reading your feedback James.

Nice James, I really like the looks of the H.B 4.5. Thanks for the great pics and looking forward to the review

• Staff
Thanks all, I've gotten the 6 out once, I'll throw down some thoughts on that soon. Will also be putting these to work on the Tour Links in the man-cave.

These are flat out sweet looking putters, simple as that!

I agree, they're really clean, they've always been VASTLY underrated putters. I will say this though, for as good as the whole package looks, I still think the "Face Milled" engraving on the face in block letters REALLY takes away from an otherwise simple and elegant look. Thought that last year with the platinum finish and it still rings true in these, at least its camo'd a bit with the black though.

That HB6. I'm salivating. I think I would really enjoy the deeper face milling as many of the milled products I have tried do not have the soft feel of what I like in inserts.

• Staff
That HB6. I'm salivating. I think I would really enjoy the deeper face milling as many of the milled products I have tried do not have the soft feel of what I like in inserts.

Now you're thinking dude. Deeper milling = less surface area contacting the ball = lower sound and a softer feel!

:alien:

I'm right there with you buddy. That HB6 has a TON of potential. Not to long ago I would of balked, but I've come to see the light lol. I'm very interested in hearing about this JMan. Deep face milling is a look I really enjoy. For me it creates a better sound at contact.... But that may just be me....

Really like the look of these putters. I have always preferred blades so the HB-4.5 is the one that really catches me eye.

Currently testing the TaylorMade SpeedBlades for THP.

I like the long slant neck instead of the plumbers. It looks alot like my Betti BC-1. SEXY!

Now you're thinking dude. Deeper milling = less surface area contacting the ball = lower sound and a softer feel!

:alien:

Someone wise taught me this. Very wise person IMO.

I will own a HB6. Love that style and shape, and I do love me some Cleveland putters.

Such an underrated line, and the face milled putters Cleveland has just feel so great.

I like the long slant neck instead of the plumbers. It looks alot like my Betti BC-1. SEXY!

Me too dude. When I unboxed it I was, "Oh a PN......wait......nice". Love the slant neck look.

Someone wise taught me this. Very wise person IMO.

He's highly overrated when it comes to putters. Or so I hear. :alien:

I will own a HB6. Love that style and shape, and I do love me some Cleveland putters.

Such an underrated line, and the face milled putters Cleveland has just feel so great.

Agreed, have ALWAYS been underrated. Only knock I have is the face engraving, I just don't understand why they went that way at all aesthetically.

Agreed, have ALWAYS been underrated. Only knock I have is the face engraving, I just don't understand why they went that way at all aesthetically.

It is weird. You are looking at the face and can tell its milled but they put "face milled" right on the face. The Cleveland logo engraved there without any paintfill would've looked sick.

It is weird. You are looking at the face and can tell its milled but they put "face milled" right on the face. The Cleveland logo engraved there without any paintfill would've looked sick.

cleveland_golf__09859.1381661770.120.120.jpg

This one. Would be PERFECT for it IMO.

Cleveland Classic HB-4.5 and HB-6 - THP Review Thread

Oh that HB-6 is beauteous. I love a good mid mallet putter.

Pretty sweet looking....the HB-6 looks very similar to my Bettinardi SS 15

Really like the looks of that 4.5 slant neck. Will be interested to hear your expert feedback on the 2 putters!

those are both great looking putters. That 4.5 really catches my eye. Stoked you got these to review JMan, you kill it will your reviews, and especially so with the putters. Going to be great to see your thoughts.

4.5 is a style I could get down with. I'm a fan of the black finish for sure and the sole looks really nice. Big fan of this line for value.

4.5 is a style I could get down with. I'm a fan of the black finish for sure and the sole looks really nice. Big fan of this line for value.

They really are a heck of a value when you look at it, 99.00 is a hell of a price point and the fact is they really do feel/sound extremely nice when rolling them. I was really impressed with the balance of the 6 through the stroke when I had it on the course the other day, also rolled the heck out of the 4.5 on the Tour Links last night. Just a solid all around line so far IMO. But, I would expect nothing else TBH.

Those look really good. Would love to give them a roll. Unfortunately not much Cleveland putter love around these parts.

Not a blade fan, but the 6 looks like something I could play, will be interested to see what you think of them

Yea <$100 is a great deal. Not to mention they always end up being cheaper than that soon after release. Agreed on how cool the C logo would look on the face.

Love the look of the #6. I will have to give that a try when it shows up in the shop. I also am not a fan of the face stamping. I don't know why they can't just use a cleveland golf logo there.

Back