1st 2 Spots - #THPMC - The Ultimate Golf Event Period

*This Is Not An Entry*
Didn't turn out quite how I wanted, but whatever, I just wanted in on the fun :D Had to whisper because I'm surrounded, pretty sure people were still shooting me weird looks...

https://vine.co/v/hFXBazVtgOL

I'm selectively editing and picking on Jesse's post...so for that I apologize.

I read the word "deserve" in the context of Morgan Cup selection and it makes me cringe. If someone meets or is willing to put in the work to meet the criteria, and wants to take part in this great event, they should feel every bit as deserving for consideration as the next guy. Even after Team THP, the captains, and the assistant captains, more than half of all the competitors in the Morgan Cup will be selected through contests like these (my presumption). We saw just yesterday a King Contest winner who had been a member of THP for 13 DAYS, yet he put his entry in, was deemed the winner, and will be getting an opportunity for an incredible event. Every year the Morgan Cup has had participants who were not extremely well known before being selected.

So I hope that no one who takes the time to read this uses the excuse of "deserving a spot" as an reason not to enter in if they want to. THP does not work that way, and they prove it over and over. Hell, I don't "deserve" to be a Morgan Cup Captain, but here I am.

I'll reiterate what I said earlier in the Criteria thread. I had less than 200 posts, and was selected for last year's Morgan Cup. I think a lot of that "feel like they deserve something" has faded away and the "new THP" has changed that. I've been campaigning hard on the forum and through PM for the high handicappers. So glad to see guys who were on the fence throw their hat in and make the commitment to get better, no matter what!

OMG I edited my post. You're right, THP doesn't work that way and I wasn't implying that.

You're a good guy JJ, we all knew what you meant. Pumped to see your video dude!

You know what?

These Vine's are ASTOUNDING so far. Seriously, they truly are. BEST IDEA EVER in my opinion for a contest. I mean that.

Makes those 30 second ones seem like a lifetime of stuff to say doesn't it? These things crack me up.

I'll reiterate what I said earlier in the Criteria thread. I had less than 200 posts, and was selected for last year's Morgan Cup. I think a lot of that "feel like they deserve something" has faded away and the "new THP" has changed that. I've been campaigning hard on the forum and through PM for the high handicappers. So glad to see guys who were on the fence throw their hat in and make the commitment to get better, no matter what!

I said it at the event and will do so again now, your journey last year is one of the biggest reasons this event is back in 2014. I meant it at the time and still now. This event was gone. The new event #TheKing was coming and we are elated about it. But your journey (& a few others), along with that final Sunday are the reasons it is back.

I said it at the event and will do so again now, your journey last year is one of the biggest reasons this event is back in 2014. I meant it at the time and still now. This event was gone. The new event #TheKing was coming and we are elated about it. But your journey (& a few others), along with that final Sunday are the reasons it is back.

That final Sunday was awesome.................

I love all the creativity. Keep them coming!

Guys, lets hone back in on all the awesome entries so far, and the ones that you know are yet to come!

So, I can't get the Vine app on my Android. Apparently, it's not compatible with my smartphone. Oh well.

So, I can't get the Vine app on my Android. Apparently, it's not compatible with my smartphone. Oh well.

It is available for most Android phones, but I believe they have to be running one of the 2 latest softwares.
There are other options and have been posted in the thread.
If you google uploading videos to vine, there are ways to do that without the app.

It might take a bit, but frankly for this event, we are okay with effort needed.

It is available for most Android phones, but I believe they have to be running one of the 2 latest softwares.
There are other options and have been posted in the thread.
If you google uploading videos to vine, there are ways to do that without the app.

It might take a bit, but frankly for this event, we are okay with effort needed.
I might run out of time though. At least for this round.

Take a look I n the thread for Vine/Android...gotta figure there's a way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Go borrow someone's phone dude. 6sev video plus the 20 sec it'll take to ask and maybe 5 min to find someone. easy button has been pushed

Never know until you TRY though dude. Get after it!
Doing my best sir.
What phone?
I don't remember what model Motorola, but it's an older one.
Take a look I n the thread for Vine/Android...gotta figure there's a way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
I went through the Google Play store and Vine's website directly. The app didn't even come up on my Google Play store. The website said my phone wasn't compatible.

It meant a lot and it still does. Let's be 200% honest with ourselves. If dcbrad can do it. You guys sure as hell can. Now.....

BRING ME MORE VINES
article-2360573-18FDD40A000005DC-447_638x404.jpg

Go borrow someone's phone dude. 6sev video plus the 20 sec it'll take to ask and maybe 5 min to find someone. easy button has been pushed

Asking my best friend to borrow his Iphone tonight. He doesn't have a vine, so I'll just make a profile through his phone. Now, I gotta get an idea.

It meant a lot and it still does. Let's be 200% honest with ourselves. If dcbrad can do it. You guys sure as hell can. Now.....

BRING ME MORE VINES
article-2360573-18FDD40A000005DC-447_638x404.jpg

Heading out in just a few to get mine done. Could get interesting.

Need more videos..........who's next?

Throwing mine up later tonight. Have to organize the "production" props & waiting on the final sign off from the Screen Actors Guild....#howHotisX2Hot

iPhone 5 Tappin

Doing my best sir.

I went through the Google Play store and Vine's website directly. The app didn't even come up on my Google Play store. The website said my phone wasn't compatible.

If you are familiar with .Apks you can always download the vine .apk to your sd card and navigate to it through a file search program or if you have a files app and install it yourself to see if it works

Doing my best sir.

I had the same problem with my HTC EVO.... noncompatibility. Fortunately I have an Ipod, which is essentially an Iphone without the phone functions. It works fine. SO, if you know and are near someone with an IPad or Ipod, ask to use it.

I am shocked that some expensive android phones are not compatible with Vine. A little research revealed that most android owners use Instagram.

Before discovering I could use my Ipod, I actually considered going to Walmart and getting a cheap prepaid windows phone just for this project.

Last edited:
Throwing mine up later tonight. Have to organize the "production" props & waiting on the final sign off from the Screen Actors Guild....#howHotisX2Hot

iPhone 5 Tappin
There we go........now we're talking! Good Luck!

Back