Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Irons Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
VR_S_COVERT_7_IRON_SLDR_PPT%20copy-thumb-460x640-107169.jpg

Well...

Dammit Nike. You're not helping me be a homer.

Whoa. More weight distribution on the heel and toe? Especially on the toe it looks like from the picture. I feel like it's playing tricks on my eyes though. I want to see more.

Jackie-Chan-Meme-500x2801-620x350.jpg

...not a fan.

Those look beautiful. 2014 looks like a great year for new equipment.

Can't wait to see some in hand photos.

These look a lot more appealing to previous models. I like!

JB - any idea on when we could see specs on the covert lines? Really interested in the lofts on these and the forged offering. Also curious on the CC's for the woods/drivers.

Thanks for posting all the pics.

Nirvana-no.gif

They aren't the worst looking club out there, but there is nothing attractive about them either.

I actually like these, better than I like the forged model...based on looks.

I didn't really like the looks of the cavity of the previous version, but at setup I thought they looked rather good. Not sure if these look better or not. Will have to wait and see in hand pictures.

First glance - I'm not a fan. I'll reserve final judgement for in-hand pics and performance information.

Way better looking than lat years IMO.

I actually like these, better than I like the forged model...based on looks.

I thought I was alone when it came to liking the looks of these irons... Although Red and Black is my favorite colour scheme.

What_gif.gif

Quite interesting. Liking the mass out on the toe. Definitely a different look with the cavity but not a bad one IMO.

Better than the the 1st version, but that red is bright. I guess they are competing with Cobra for the loudest color contest.

With that being said, they look extremely forgiving.

Those are snappy, so much better than the first offering

interesting looking. Would like to get a few more pics before I make my initial thoughts but initial initial thoughts are... not bad.

Reading through the responses in this thread is hilarious. Every other response is different and on complete opposite ends of the spectrum.

I think they're solid looking irons, better than last year for sure.

At first glance I'm not a fan of the looks. I appreciate a more classic or traditional style and these have so much bold red. But, it is Nike and they push the envelope so it isn't like that's some big shock. The mass out on the toe hints at potential functionality that could be very good for many players.

You guys are killing me with the gifs. Thankfully my office door is close.

Again, I can deal with a little ugly if it performs - not everything can be a Ferrari.

not digging the looks, though at address may make up for it. Gotta be some science behind the design, so I'd have to see how they performed. interesting to say the least.

Not the biggest fan of the cavity, but the look at address is what interests me most.

Not a fan of the looks, really turned off by the big Swoosh on it.

Back