The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After applying for VA benefits (last October - 1yr) for physical issues related from my tour of duty in Vietnam, I finally got a letter today confirming the ball is in motion. I have an appointment for December 3rd in Atlanta for medical reviews, physicals, etc. which will determine how much compensation will be received. This could be a game changer for my family.

I spent 16 months in Afghanistan and I have to tell you that I have a ton of respect for you dude. I recently got out of the Marine Corps and the VA process is much more stream lined than it used to be. I don't know your exact situation but I have always heard that guys who claim things late always get back paid. Thank you for your service and thank you for paving the way for my generation to serve their country. You may not know it, but we all appreciate what you have done.

After applying for VA benefits (last October - 1yr) for physical issues related from my tour of duty in Vietnam, I finally got a letter today confirming the ball is in motion. I have an appointment for December 3rd in Atlanta for medical reviews, physicals, etc. which will determine how much compensation will be received. This could be a game changer for my family.

This is great OG. I was very lucky. I flunked my draft physical because I am blind in one eye. Otherwise, my destiny would have changed completely. It's the only time I thanked God for being blind. People tend to forget that over 50,000 were KIA in Vietnam. Those coming home were not welcomed. Those were dark days.

Good luck with your meeting with the VA officials.

Well my HHJJ is this today. As a newer member here I am blown away how welcome I have been made. I was thinking about the fact if you go to the golf course as a single and are paired up with 3 other guys you will more than likely never see them again. However with THP that is not the case. I was lucky enough to be able to come to the Callaway Apex event. As a very new member everyone there everyone made me feel super super welcomed. I jumped on a plane and went and met my "Internet" friends to other people. But at that point I did not feel that way. I was very fortunate to be roomed up with Troyefl. Since that day Troy and I have become friends and I have had the pleasure of hanging with him at another THP outing. We are already planning how to make a golf trip for this coming year so that no matter what we get to tee it up at least once during the year. There is not a lot of places that offer that kind of opportunity. I am honored to call Troy my friend.

I was then in Vegas for work during the Bridgestone championship. There was nothing but welcome arms after the event. I got to meet Cookie and Candadan and hang out with some more great guys.

At the Callaway event everyone that was there was great, from GregS, RtP, War, Panda, Spicoli, MikeDean, Toad, Mward, JB the list goes on. (please if I didnt put you on there im sorry). I have then since been able to chat with tons of different golf nuts like myself all over the country. I then had the opportunity to play at the gauntlet last month. What an amazing time. If Jax, Bogey, Ocarrol and myself lived in the same city likely chance we all get arrested at one point more than likely while streaking like Frank the Tank. Trout and CplJ what amazing guys. Cookie love the stash! I got to have WE kick my butt while he watched an Auburn game and JB carried him. Atl, NiteOwl great team mates and as luck would have it. I was teamed up with Troy again. I had an unbelievable match with Hoss. But it was the time off the course that made this time awesome!

I say all that to say this. As the #MC2014 unfolds and events like #theking(chads going down!) are amazing. It such a great opportunity to play great courses with some amazing companies and equipment involved. But what truly makes this place special is the time making some amazing friends. I have laughed harder this year at the two THP events I attended than I have in a long time. If you told me at the start of this year I would be saying all this right now I would have thought you were cracked in the head. To me the golf is the Cherry on top. Its the friendships being made that are truly special. I have seen JB and Golfergal have such integrity it blows me away. I know some people have said they some things to the contrary, but I have seen nothing but the otherwise. I have HHJJ because I dont just think this but I know it. Will I admit if I dont make the #MC2014 or #theking of course, but it will be because of the time off the course not the time on. If you are just a guest reading this do yourself a huge favor. Jump on in this place is worth it.

I'm very happy to have my veteran brother In Law home for thanksgiving, he's an 8 year army veteran. Such an honor to spend time with him this week. I'm thankful for his sacrifice.

On the way to DE with the wife to see my family and hers. Really lucky that they live 10 minutes from each other. Excited to just be able to relax and enjoy time with my family

Last edited:
On the way to DE with the wife to see my family and hers. Really lucky that they live 10 minutes from each other. Excited to just be ale to relax and enjoy time with my family
Safe trip Jesse.

I spent 16 months in Afghanistan and I have to tell you that I have a ton of respect for you dude. I recently got out of the Marine Corps and the VA process is much more stream lined than it used to be. I don't know your exact situation but I have always heard that guys who claim things late always get back paid. Thank you for your service and thank you for paving the way for my generation to serve their country. You may not know it, but we all appreciate what you have done.

Thank you brother for the kind words. I appreciate all you have done too and the hard times you have endured. God Bless you!

This is great OG. I was very lucky. I flunked my draft physical because I am blind in one eye. Otherwise, my destiny would have changed completely. It's the only time I thanked God for being blind. People tend to forget that over 50,000 were KIA in Vietnam. Those coming home were not welcomed. Those were dark days.

Good luck with your meeting with the VA officials.

It was pretty sad back then for our boys coming home. I remember when I processed out of the Army at Ft Lewis in Washington State. After taking numerous physicals, signing tons of paper work, and finally heading cross country to Georgia. I got off the plane in Macon, Ga. and kissed the runway. I then caught a taxi from the airport to the other side of Macon. I wanted to walk on American soil for a few miles just to soak it all in so I headed off to Gray, Ga. which was 14 miles up the road. I finally decided to turn around and thumb a ride to my parents home. I had my dress uniform on which is what we were assigned to travel home in. A few cars passed me by without stopping and finally an old farmer in a pickup truck stopped. He said where you headed son and I told him Gray, Ga. He said hop on in. He said that I was just headed up the road a bit but I'll take you to your home in Gray. He was truly grateful for what I went through however there were many who were not and hated that war. It was doing the hippie era and war protesters were out there. That one old farmer cared and I will never forget him.

Last edited:

That's awesome OG, good luck with the rest of the process, and thank you for your service. I work with a guy that was in Vietnam as well, and he's been waiting and waiting and waiting to get what is owed to him. He wasn't planning on still working at this point because of the money he's supposed to have, but it keeps getting delayed. It's sad what you guys have and still have to go through.

Thankful for my friends and family. Loving life right now. That is all.

Thank you brother for the kind words. I appreciate all you have done too and the hard times you have endured. God Bless you!

It was pretty sad back then for our boys coming home. I remember when I processed out of the Army at Ft Lewis in Washington State. After taking numerous physicals, signing tons of paper work, and finally heading cross country to Georgia. I got off the plane in Macon, Ga. and kissed the runway. I then caught a taxi from the airport to the other side of Macon. I wanted to walk on American soil for a few miles just to soak it all in so I headed off to Gray, Ga. which was 14 miles up the road. I finally decided to turn around and thumb a ride to my parents home. I had my dress uniform on which is what we were assigned to travel home in. A few cars passed me by without stopping and finally an old farmer in a pickup truck stopped. He said where you headed son and I told him Gray, Ga. He said hop on in. He said that I was just headed up the road a bit but I'll take you to your home in Gray. He was truly grateful for what I went through however there were many who were not and hated that war. It was doing the hippie era and war protesters were out there. That one old farmer cared and I will never forget him.

I will never understand that sentiment for one second. I was not around back then, but I just can't even imagine taking out your distaste for the war on the young men fighting, many of them involuntarily.

I will never understand that sentiment for one second. I was not around back then, but I just can't even imagine taking out your distaste for the war on the young men fighting, many of them involuntarily.

They had the draft then where you got a letter from Uncle Sam. I will never forget walking to my mailbox and seeing that letter. I had just graduated from high school and it was pretty scary knowing I was heading to Nam.

Good luck Ole Gray I hope it all works out for you. Thank you for your service and sacrifice for our country! Words aren't enough to express what you have given for this country.

Good luck Ole Gray I hope it all works out for you. Thank you for your service and sacrifice for our country! Words aren't enough to express what you have given for this country.

The kind words here have more than made this a HHJJ for me! Thank you all for the kind words and support :clapp:.

Now you all go out there and have yourselves a super duper happy Thanksgiving!!! :thumb:

They had the draft then where you got a letter from Uncle Sam. I will never forget walking to my mailbox and seeing that letter. I had just graduated from high school and it was pretty scary knowing I was heading to Nam.
That's so crazy to even think about. Just reading that and thinking about it gives me the chills.

Exactly, I really do appreciate the sacrifice you had forced upon you Bill. Thanks will never be enough.

I cant even fathom that. Volunteering to go off to war is so mind boggling and courageous to me. Having it forced upon you is just something I cant even fathom.

The kind words here have more than made this a HHJJ for me! Thank you all for the kind words and support :clapp:.

Now you all go out there and have yourselves a super duper happy Thanksgiving!!! :thumb:

You too have a great one!

I cant even fathom that. Volunteering to go off to war is so mind boggling and courageous to me. Having it forced upon you is just something I cant even fathom.

They had a lottery system where you were put in according to your birthday. My number ending up being 97 out of 365 so I knew I would be going unless I failed the physical. I went down to the post office and talked to the lady who was heading up the local draft selection office. I told her to go ahead and send me to Atlanta for my physical as I was volunteering for service. This was pretty much unheard of as many were trying to figure out a way to avoid going in the service. I figured since I was going anyway that I wanted to go ahead and begin my service.

Wow, some true HHJJ's today.

TNT, that is what THP will do to someone.

Satch, happy to hear you get to spend some time with your brother in law this holiday.

Safe trip Crest.

OG, thanks for your service.

They had a lottery system where you were put in according to your birthday. My number ending up being 97 out of 365 so I knew I would be going unless I failed the physical. I went down to the post office and talked to the lady who was heading up the local draft selection office. I told her to go ahead and send me to Atlanta for my physical as I was volunteering for service. This was pretty much unheard of as many were trying to figure out a way to avoid going in the service. I figured since I was going anyway that I wanted to go ahead and begin my service.

Doesnt surprise me one bit. To put it in words you will understand: You are :eek:k:by me partner. :rockon:

Doesnt surprise me one bit. To put it in words you will understand: You are :eek:k:by me partner. :rockon:

You guys need to stop all this now are you will have the big guy all teary eyed and stuff. Ricky you got a way about you that lifts people up. You're pretty special dude :thumb: We might need to change this from the HHJJJ to the Bro Hugs :friends:section :D

I know tomorrow is Thanksgiving but I'll be a day early.
I am thankful for having a wonderful set of parents, that no matter how hard I made it for them, they never stopped loving me. My Dad chased me me from coast to coast rodeoing and never complained and gave me every tool I needed to succeed. I had the opportunity to work with him through my formative years and he instilled a work ethic to keep moving, keep working and it will all work out. My Mom followed me through thick and thin, even though some of my decisions disappointed her.
My uncles that taught me to love family, boil peanuts, how to cuss and dating advice. I saw a lot and never appreciated it until a couple had passed on.
My sister and her family, we don't always see eye to eye but we love one another in our own way. My nieces are light of my world and it tears me up every time they ask when I'm moving back because they miss me.
My in-laws, while the aggravate me to the n-th degree, gave me my wife. The love us and want us to be happy. They've told us how proud they are of life we have made for ourselves and never withheld any love from some strange boy that showed up to date their daughter.
My beautiful wife. We met when I was going down a dead end street and helped save me from myself. She has believed in me and supported me through all my craziness, followed me half way across the country and never stopped loving me. I ain't the easiest person to get along with sometimes but she powers through. She has to be the strongest woman I know.
I've got a good job that keeps us fed, warm and allows us a few luxuries. My wife loving hers as the transition has been tough on her.
I'm thankful for the experiences I got from my travels. All the small towns, late night bars, girls and friends I made along the way. I've lost touch with most of them but I cherish the memories we made together.
THP and all the great people I've met through this site. #Cookie, AFWCardinal, DTak, GG, JB, JMAN, Nate and anyone I've left out, you've all made me feel welcome in this community.
There's more but thinking about it all, well, it makes the room a little dusty.
Now get after it boys.

My dad is flying in from San Diego and my sister and her 2 kiddos are coming up from Austin today. This makes me happy.

My dad is flying in from San Diego and my sister and her 2 kiddos are coming up from Austin today. This makes me happy.

Big time reunion...nice man..Enjoy it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back